Mar 31, 2015
Ukraine
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/01/2016
Hello legalfalcon,

I think I have got a problem, so your opinion is needed.

I have got the 2nd additional document request from Ontario - this time for the pay stubs (previously is was 6 months bank statements). It would not pose the problem if the Reference Letter and the pay stubs evidence (it is called as Certificate of Income) were provided by the same company. The problem is that the Reference Letter is provided by the company whose name and other data is widely used in all commercial activity of the Group (the head company), while I am officially employed by the other company that also belongs to this Group (the subsidiary). Now, the head company indicated as my employer in the Reference Letter and the subsidiary company is also indicated as my employer in Certificate of Income. I realize that I should have foreseen this situation, but....if I could only know..

The Certificate of Income issued by subsidiary company, states that the company belongs to the group, but I feel this may sound not convincing...

What should I do?, please help

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
LanaS said:
Hello legalfalcon,

I think I have got a problem, so your opinion is needed.

I have got the 2nd additional document request from Ontario - this time for the pay stubs (previously is was 6 months bank statements). It would not pose the problem if the Reference Letter and the pay stubs evidence (it is called as Certificate of Income) were provided by the same company. The problem is that the Reference Letter is provided by the company whose name and other data is widely used in all commercial activity of the Group (the head company), while I am officially employed by the other company that also belongs to this Group (the subsidiary). Now, the head company indicated as my employer in the Reference Letter and the subsidiary company is also indicated as my employer in Certificate of Income. I realize that I should have foreseen this situation, but....if I could only know..

The Certificate of Income issued by subsidiary company, states that the company belongs to the group, but I feel this may sound not convincing...

What should I do?, please help
This should not be an issue at all. In many places employees are hired by the subsidiary and shown as an employee of the parent company. Even the pay is made by either the subsidiary while the employee being shown as an employee of the parent. However, you will have to back this up. I am not sure about which company you work for or which country it is in, but starting with a letter on an official letter head is good.

You can then also show the articles of association of the subsidiary (the documents with which the company was incorporated), they are usually public documents if the company is a public company. Or you can show the certificates where it shows that the parent owns the subsidiary.

These two documents should be enough.

Hope this helps!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
simplynd2804 said:
Just putting this here if any senior member can look at the following question and provide some answers that will be helpful. Thanks

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ee-profile-work-history-question-t464747.0.html
Your questions have been answered. If you have any follow up, let me know.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
legalfalcon said:
When the security check starts you can see it on MyCIC and it is also reflected on the GCMS. For some applicants the security check goes into progress, then not needed and then back into progress. This is normal. If your MyCIC says your BGC is in progress, then it is.
yes it says BG check in progress since june 30 so do i still need to wait not needed this time and finally in progress again or directly PPR.
Thanks

swish003

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Hi LegalFalcon,

My AOR is Nov 14. I applied from USA. My medicals are still "not needed at this time". I am getting worried. Do you know if background check and medicals happen in parallel; or first medicals are done and then everything else starts? Many people pass medicals within 2 weeks!

epressentry

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20th 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi legalfacon,

I have CWE of 2 years and 20 days. During this time, I went on vacation twice for 38 days and 28 days each time (total 66 days). All vacations were paid in full with supporting paystubs for that period. Will CIC count this as experience? If not, then do you recommend reducing my experience to 1 year?

Thanks

LanaS

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Ukraine
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/01/2016
legalfalcon said:
This should not be an issue at all. In many places employees are hired by the subsidiary and shown as an employee of the parent company. Even the pay is made by either the subsidiary while the employee being shown as an employee of the parent. However, you will have to back this up. I am not sure about which company you work for or which country it is in, but starting with a letter on an official letter head is good.

You can then also show the articles of association of the subsidiary (the documents with which the company was incorporated), they are usually public documents if the company is a public company. Or you can show the certificates where it shows that the parent owns the subsidiary.

These two documents should be enough.

Hope this helps!
Thank you Legalfalcon,

Your advice is very much valued - I will do exactly like you suggest. :)

swish003

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

I am Indian citizen in USA. I got my India PCC from Indian consulate in Houston. It doesn't have any addresses that i lived in India. I saw in couple of threads that Indians PCCs have addresses. Is this a problem?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
swish003 said:
Hi LegalFalcon,

My AOR is Nov 14. I applied from USA. My medicals are still "not needed at this time". I am getting worried. Do you know if background check and medicals happen in parallel; or first medicals are done and then everything else starts? Many people pass medicals within 2 weeks!
Stay Calm, sometimes medicals take longer than expected, and it is not unusual. In most cases the medicals are cleared first, but it can differ too.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
epressentry said:
Hi legalfacon,

I have CWE of 2 years and 20 days. During this time, I went on vacation twice for 38 days and 28 days each time (total 66 days). All vacations were paid in full with supporting paystubs for that period. Will CIC count this as experience? If not, then do you recommend reducing my experience to 1 year?

Thanks
This will depend on your contract, iff your contract allowed you those holidays, as you were paid during that duration, it will be added to your work experience. In your case you were in full time continuous employment, and your experience will be 2years and 20 days.

Hope this helps!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
swish003 said:
Hi Legalfalcon,

I am Indian citizen in USA. I got my India PCC from Indian consulate in Houston. It doesn't have any addresses that i lived in India. I saw in couple of threads that Indians PCCs have addresses. Is this a problem?
Not an issue. As long as your PCC is on the official letter head if the Indian Embassy which issued it, is sealed, signed and dated. In most cases PCC issued by Indian embassies in the USA do not have an address of the applicant as they are providing the pan-India clearance and not a state specific in which case you need address.

Hope this helps.

epressentry

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20th 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Med's Done....
Upfront
legalfalcon said:
This will depend on your contract, iff your contract allowed you those holidays, as you were paid during that duration, it will be added to your work experience. In your case you were in full time continuous employment, and your experience will be 2years and 20 days.

Hope this helps!
I am getting mixed reviews and not sure how to go about this! What would you do?

Also for CEC, does education qualification have to be exactly the same as listed on NOC category? I did engineering but worked in technical sales and as a consultant... Please advise

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
epressentry said:
I am getting mixed reviews and not sure how to go about this! What would you do?

Also for CEC, does education qualification have to be exactly the same as listed on NOC category? I did engineering but worked in technical sales and as a consultant... Please advise
Its very simple and you should not complicate things. If you are in permanent employment of a company that allows you 30 days of paid leave a year, you will count your work ex as 1 year and not 11 months, if your vacation was paid. This is the interpretation I would give.

This is based on the following:

As per CIC, Full-time” means at least 30 hours of paid work in one week. One year of full-time work is at least 1560 hours. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=664&top=29

If you calculate 1560 hours and put them to weeks and months, you would have worked way more. This is why in your employment reference letter you put the number off weeks you have worked. An average work week for an salaried employee is usually ~50 hours. So you are doing way more than 1560 hours in a year. In this scenario when you get your reference letter, it does not mention your vacation time, but your period of employment and how long you work in a week. So yes, you can add your vacation time to your work experience.

To be eligible for the CEC, CIC states <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp>

Minimum requirements
You must:

• have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
  • have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization,
  • have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization,
  • meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing and listening),
  • plan to live outside the province of Quebec.
  • Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (for example, on a co-op work term) does not count under this program.

Note: The province of Quebec does not use Express Entry. They select their own skilled workers. See Quebec-selected skilled workers to find out more.

Skilled work experience
To be considered for the Canadian Experience Class, you need to have Canadian skilled work experience within three years of applying. According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
Your experience must be at least 12 months of full-time (30 hours of paid work per week or more) or an equal amount in part-time hours.

Full Time

30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

Part time

15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
OR
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

If you do not show that your experience meets the description in the NOC, we will not accept your application.

Find out the NOC code, title and skill type or level for your job.

If your existing work permit is about to expire, you may be eligible for a bridging open work permit. If you are eligible, this permit can let you keep working while you wait for a final decision on your permanent residence application.

Education
There is no education requirement for Canadian Experience Class. But, if you want to earn points for your education under Express Entry, you either need:

a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree,
OR

a completed foreign credential, and
an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC. [The report must show your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree.
There is no requirement for the education be be in the same category of your job.

Hope this helps!

eqrkim

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
EE BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 17
IELTS Request
Sep 01
Med's Done....
Sept 01 (Med Pass)
Good day Legalfalcon,

Could you please help me with one question?

Have you seen a case where IRCC (Ottawa VO) extended PPR deadline due to a planned vacation?

Someone replied on my thread saying that there was a case IRCC granted an extension due to a passport issue, but not sure if a personal travel is a valid reason to extend PPR deadline. (I am travelling to S. Korea and there is no visa office in the country)

Thank you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
eqrkim said:
Good day Legalfalcon,

Could you please help me with one question?

Have you seen a case where IRCC (Ottawa VO) extended PPR deadline due to a planned vacation?

Someone replied on my thread saying that there was a case IRCC granted an extension due to a passport issue, but not sure if a personal travel is a valid reason to extend PPR deadline. (I am travelling to S. Korea and there is no visa office in the country)

Thank you!
IRCC is always flexible in accommodating reasonable requests and pre-planned travels fall under that. Just send an email to IRCC and you will most like get the extension. I have seen cases where people have got extensions for pre-planned travels. Just make sure you write an email and explain everything. They mostly allow because at this stage the application is approved and only the logistics of granting the visa is remaining.