Upfront
Med's Done....
12.11.2016 passed 21.11.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
Dear legal falcon,

I received my notes today. It say R. 10, 11.2 and criminality passed. If they say criminality passed this means my application has been transferred or even the CIO Ottawa can do that. My paper file transfer history says Transferred and the receiving office is New Delhi. Can I conclude that the file is been transferred to NDVO but it also states Workload (re)-distribution.
NOw that Criminality is been passed can I say that only security is pending.
My Selection EE ECON has not started ( can you please help me with the meaning of the same).
In correspondence section it says document transferred.
Application Assignment due date is 13.01.2017
and Due date for recalculation (assessment) date is 03.02.2016.
The due date for security is 15.11.2017 (is it a cause of concern as it is toooooo far.
Also my understanding is that my file was sent to NDVO but it has been returned due to over work load. Can it happen?
Please help me with the above. I feel things are on right track but obviously you know better and can help me with this. Please help me with the above. I feel things are on right track but obviously you know better and can help me with this.
Thanks and regards

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
jackdawn said:
Hi Legalfalcon,

I have a couple of queries regarding proof of funds and other liabilities in bank statement.

-I have made investments in mutual funds and shares. Do i have to sell them and keep in my account for 6 months or can i sell them when i get an ITA and show them as proceeds from sale of investments. If yes will this hold good for PNP proof of funds as well.

Any investment that can be readily liquidates and is insulated from market fluctuations can be shown for the PoF as long as a financial institution can put them on paper and give you their value. Unfortunately, the shares and the mutual funds, both are subject to market fluctuations and thus not acceptable. The only investments acceptable by the CIC are fixed deposits, also known as CDs in some countries, and Personal Provident Fund in India.

- I will have certain liabilities in my bank statement like car loan and house loan EMI. I will sell the car when i receive an ITA but the home loan might remain as it is a joint loan with my father as primary applicant. Will this effect the proof of funds criteria when i show the bank statement

The CIC does ask you to disclose you any liabilities you have. This is usually deducted from your funds to calculate your PoF, or the funds you have available to help you settle. As long as you have enough funds in your account to settle in Canada, a liability will not affect much as you are paying it from your salary. Given that the primary applicant is your father, you can even not disclose it.

pls clarify

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ferasz said:
Thank you. I just saw your reply this morning but last night I was worried and went for CSE requesting IRCC officer to replace the file I uploaded in MyCIC account by another one I attached to the CSE. The only difference between the two files is that I added the colored original. Does this have any impact on the application or will it cause any delays?

Thanks again!
No, nothing to worry about. You are all good.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
apache5021 said:
Hi Legalfalcon
today my medical status changed from passed to not needed at this time .My medical was due to get expired day after.I just want to know if this change is automated and when can I expect mail for re medicals.Secondly ,I have already furnished the PCC for congo a month back .(ndvo had sent me a request letter to provide pcc on 21st nov.)On mycic account, it says document provided but it has not changed to reviewed .Is it normal.Are they taking time to verify the document
Thank you in advance
Usually the change of documents status is system generated and it is difficult to predict. As regards your medical, it could have been triggered since it is expiring and you can request CIC to extend them for another year by sending a CSE. Some applicants have successfully done it in the past and CIC, though takes its time, but has given the extensions.

For the PCC, its is normal. I will not be much concerned about the status of the documents as they are not done in real time and even if an officer has reviewed it, the status might not change. The only way to know what is happening is the GCMS notes. But with what you have described, you are all good. You can try asking for medical extension, or else wait for CIC to ask you to re-do your medicals.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Re: Medical

Azulete said:
Hi,

we got invite on JAN 16' and submitted our application on APRIL 16' along with medical and the status of medical report was passed.

Now we got messgage from CIC to submit medical again and status was again changed to review in progress.

Note : we took our medical test in March 16' and its valid for 2 more months.

Anybody faced the same? Any idea why cic is asking to redo medicals when we still have validity?

Thanks for the help.
CIC asking for a re-medical could be fore many reasons. It could be that the physician you selected was de-listed due to some error and negligence from him. Or your respond were not in compliance with the CIC medical standards. It is difficult to predict without seeing your GCMS notes.

But if CIC has asked you to re-do it, you should get in touch with your previous physician who did you medicals and ask for a copy of your report. If everything is fine then you can go and get a re-medical done.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
simple25 said:
Dear Legalfalcon,
greetings,

thanks again for my previous questions, i have to submit eAPR, is it mandatory to attach the initial job letter and confirmation letter i got after 3 months of job(3 months probationary period), i have reference letter which include the following:

its on official document printed on company letterhead which include the my name,current date, the company’s contact information-address, telephone number and email address, and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company,
it indicate all positions held while employed at the company and include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, current job status, dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

is this reference letter sufficient, is it mandatory to attach initial job letter and confirmation letter which is five years ago at the time of appointment, if i don't attach these initial appointment letters, would there be issue of rejection of my application.
All you need a reference letter attesting to the fact that you are employed with the firm, the duration of employment, the salary, the number of hours you work and the job duties you have. All this should be on the official letter head. There is no requirement for a appointment letter or confirmation letter. However, if you want to attach it, there is no issues, but not required.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Surbhigurpreet said:
Dear legal falcon,

I received my notes today. It say R. 10, 11.2 and criminality passed. If they say criminality passed this means my application has been transferred or even the CIO Ottawa can do that. My paper file transfer history says Transferred and the receiving office is New Delhi. Can I conclude that the file is been transferred to NDVO but it also states Workload (re)-distribution. Workload (re)-distribution is generic way of saying that your application has been transferred to some other office and yes most likely it is to NDVO.
NOw that Criminality is been passed can I say that only security is pending. Criminality is based on the PCC you provide and gets cleared early in the process. The BGC or the security takes a while as it is done by external agencies.
My Selection EE ECON has not started ( can you please help me with the meaning of the same).
In correspondence section it says document transferred.
Application Assignment due date is 13.01.2017 Its a system generated sats and has no bearing on when the application will be revisited by an agent.
and Due date for recalculation (assessment) date is 03.02.2016. Same as above
The due date for security is 15.11.2017 (is it a cause of concern as it is toooooo far. Not relevant
Also my understanding is that my file was sent to NDVO but it has been returned due to over work load. Can it happen? Not sure how you interpreted it.
Please help me with the above. I feel things are on right track but obviously you know better and can help me with this. Please help me with the above. I feel things are on right track but obviously you know better and can help me with this.
Thanks and regards
What you state above is not clear and I will have to look at the notes instead of answering your questions, which are not pertinent.

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12.11.2016 passed 21.11.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
legalfalcon said:
What you state above is not clear and I will have to look at the notes instead of answering your questions, which are not pertinent.
Can u please PM me ur email id. I will fwd u the relevant pages to u. Also hope section 16(3) is not much of a concern. I have some more question woll list them in my e-mail.
Thanks and reagrds

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hi Legalfalcon can you please tell me the size of photo for BOWP and TRV?I am about to submit my both applications but confused about the sizes and is it mandatory to do signature and stamped from studio.
Rabin

simple25

Oct 1, 2016
legalfalcon said:
All you need a reference letter attesting to the fact that you are employed with the firm, the duration of employment, the salary, the number of hours you work and the job duties you have. All this should be on the official letter head. There is no requirement for a appointment letter or confirmation letter. However, if you want to attach it, there is no issues, but not required.
thank you sir, it helps a lot, you are blessing for this forum

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
RabinJi said:
Hi Legalfalcon can you please tell me the size of photo for BOWP and TRV?I am about to submit my both applications but confused about the sizes and is it mandatory to do signature and stamped from studio.
Rabin
Are you filling a paper based application or an online one?

nvssuresh

Jan 15, 2017
Hi,

I need your suggestion on my situation as below:
I received my CSQ & applied for federal PR which is in process, waiting for AOR.

Currently i am on closed work permit working in Montreal, my current WP expires by Feb last week 2017.
My employer say i have to go back as i complete 5 years, i know they can extend my work permit with my CSQ, but they say they cannot do as per their policy with CSQ unless i have PR in hand.

Is there any way to get open work permit from border(as i have less time before my current work permit expires) without showing any employer offer, i have offer from my current employer which was 5 years old.
Please suggest me some better option.

aniket2789

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Pune , India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Passport Req..
17-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2017
LANDED..........
19-07-2017
Hi, It would be of immense help to me if you answer my question.My Case is as follows:
We are FSW outland applicants from INDIA
My Wife and Myself created express entry profiles in October 1st week. My wife received an ITA on October end. We have applied for that she being Principal and me being the dependent. AOR in mid DEC. Now her profile status after a month is medicals passed background check from not started to not needed.
Now in the last round of January I have recieved an ITA. I would like to know if I too can apply for PR as principal and she as dependent or Not? The reason me wanting to apply is below
We have stated a five year experience for her in NOC 1113. She is an MBA in Finance and works in back office in an indian company for credit suisse. But we are not sure whether embassy will consider that back office job as skilled or clerical.Since Clerical jobs are not for EE hence I am afraid.
Hence even I wish to apply if it is legal and permissible. Please guide us with your knowledge about whether I am allowed to apply or not?

Thanks and regards
Aniket.

soye01

Mar 30, 2016
hello LegalFalcon,

I just want to know how long it takes to get a PR after submission of medicals again based on the expiration of the previous one that was done

Spouse submitted application on Oct 20, 2015.

Added me to the application in Jan, 2016,
Add docs and medicals in May, 2016
Submitted all documents in May 2016
Spouse medical request again in Nov
Passed in November
Also our application was transferred to AVO in may 2016.

We havent heard from CIC since then and its quite tiring.

A