Star Member
May 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank You Asiavad Anac...You are such a great help

Thanks buddy Asivad Anac, thats encouraging

regarding "certain time" do u have any idea how long it is from your experience

About 1 year would be safe.

I have received SINP nomination on 29-dec-2015. I have not accepted till now.

I am appearing for IELTS on Jan 9 to see a chance to improve my scores. If I am lucky I can get more points and enter 400 CRS bench mark. if that didn't work out, I will accept SINP nomination. I believe I have 30 days to accept the invitation.

Do you think this as a good move ?

No harm trying to improve your score but make sure you collect documents for SINP simultaneously as you don't want to miss out on the deadline.

Also do you have any idea about the job markets in Sask ?

In general, how good is Sask for family life, raising kids, social life, leisure time spending activities etc.

Though Saskatechewan isn't the most sought after province like Ontario or BC, it does have a vibrant community and can be a good place for a family provided you don't mind the cold.

Thanks..!

Voyager2014

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks brother..You are such a great help

I am definitely moving ahead with my PCC arrangement and other documents.

I am looking to get through the IELTS, else will accept the SINP

I also want to be loyal to the province nominated me, but as a common man's mindset just getting to explore the options in case if I am not getting a good job under my profile.

If its just 1 year its definitely sounds great to me.

Question?

I understood that, once POE is done and granted PR can we leave Canada immediately and come back to my country, continue working for a couple of more years, make enough arrangements and then when should I land in Canada back

How long is the initial PR valid for (no of Years, is it 5 years)?

Lets say, I got visa in 2016, landed in 2017. what will be the validity period of my PR?
is it 2017-2022 (if 5 years) and the minimum year I should land in Canada

Regards
V

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Voyager2014 said:
Thanks brother..You are such a great help

I am definitely moving ahead with my PCC arrangement and other documents.

I am looking to get through the IELTS, else will accept the SINP

I also want to be loyal to the province nominated me, but as a common man's mindset just getting to explore the options in case if I am not getting a good job under my profile.

If its just 1 year its definitely sounds great to me.

Question?

I understood that, once POE is done and granted PR can we leave Canada immediately and come back to my country, continue working for a couple of more years, make enough arrangements and then when should I land in Canada back

Yes. Though I would recommend that you land, get your PR card (takes anywhere from 2-3 months) and then return to your home country.

How long is the initial PR valid for (no of Years, is it 5 years)?

To maintain PR status, you'll need to spend 2 of the next 5 years (from the time you activate PR status) inside Canada.

Lets say, I got visa in 2016, landed in 2017. what will be the validity period of my PR?
is it 2017-2022 (if 5 years) and the minimum year I should land in Canada

You'll have to land in Canada once before your medicals or passport expires, whichever is earlier. Medicals is valid for 1 year.

Regards
V

Pushpaacna

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Happy New Year, dear Asivad! Hope, you are having a fabulous new year!

I would appreciate your kind wise words on the following couple of issues:

1. I am 36 years and 2 months (DoB 02 Nov 1979). What is my age? 36 or 37?

2. Does the work experience need to be post-qualification? I want to claim point for my job from 2009 to 2013 and my latest Masters degree (2014-15, completed just last month). Is it possible? (I have a couple of Masters degree. The first one completed in 2010 and the last one in 2015).

Thanks very much!

gh6506

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Happy new year Asivad Anac. I am confused when i filled the work history section of EE profile.
What does this mean--"Do not enter any work related to or performed during an apprenticeship process".

My situation:
I had studyed in canada in a skilled trade full time for two years. After graduation, i worked full time as an apprentice from 2013 with PGWP. I got certifyed in July 2015 .

Is the duration of apprentice counted as work history?
Thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pushpaacna said:
Happy New Year, dear Asivad! Hope, you are having a fabulous new year!

I would appreciate your kind wise words on the following couple of issues:

1. I am 36 years and 2 months (DoB 02 Nov 1979). What is my age? 36 or 37?

36. Till 2 Nov 2016. The system calculates it automatically.

2. Does the work experience need to be post-qualification? I want to claim point for my job from 2009 to 2013 and my latest Masters degree (2014-15, completed just last month). Is it possible? (I have a couple of Masters degree. The first one completed in 2010 and the last one in 2015).

Entirely possible. You can claim that work experience if you have a valid reference letter from that employer.

Thanks very much!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gh6506 said:
Happy new year Asivad Anac. I am confused when i filled the work history section of EE profile.
What does this mean--"Do not enter any work related to or performed during an apprenticeship process".

My situation:
I had studyed in canada in a skilled trade full time for two years. After graduation, i worked full time as an apprentice from 2013 with PGWP. I got certifyed in July 2015 .

Is the duration of apprentice counted as work history?
Thank you
That experience is counted. What cannot be counted is work experience gained while you were simultaneously a full time student.

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Thanks for this kind gesture, ashutoshmanohar! Happy to help :)
Yes Asivad has been v. Helpful for me too...

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepgill said:
Hi Asivad,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I have one more query:-

I studied in BC for my Masters and currently working as Quality Assurance Analyst in Vancouver.

Do you think I am good to apply PNPs for Saskatchwan, Manitoba, New Brunswick or Nova Scotia? As I have got very strong ties in BC because of past education and current job and if I apply for PNP in other provinces then How other provinces going to view my application.

This depends on the province concerned. Some provinces (probably Manitoba) even have negative points for applicant's ties to other provinces while others are neutral on this front.

Also, my co-worker will be giving me affidavit for my duties for my UK work experience. In India, we do affidavits on stamp papers, but in UK I could not find any stamp paper thing. I researched that for affidavit in UK you need to print everything on plain paper and then you need to notarize it. Is it ok if my coworker print duties on plain paper and get it notarized from notary public? Will CIC accept notarized affidavit on plain paper with all the contact details of my co-worker like her official e-mail address and phone number?

This is acceptable.

Thanks and Regards.

Voyager2014

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Asivad Anac...you are really great..

Thanking for your swift response as always.. ! :) :)

Ramii

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Hello, I'm new here. But I had a question concerning the Ontario nomination. Should I go with that or not, I heard its better for the range 400 to 450

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ramii said:
Hello, I'm new here. But I had a question concerning the Ontario nomination. Should I go with that or not, I heard its better for the range 400 to 450
You cannot apply to Ontario's PN program on your own. If you have a valid EE profile with a score of 400+ and at least a Bachelors degree, Ontario will send you an invitation following which you apply to Ontario with necessary documentation and they offer you a PN if they make a positive decision on your application. This PN nets you 600 additional points leading to an ITA.

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Hi,

The spouse ielts scores expires in May. The spouse had re taken the ielts in Dec and the Dec scores are better than the May scores. But the EE application has the May scores. We have received the ITA and are completing the online application. Can we update the Dec ielts scores for the spouse in the application ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SR14 said:
Hi,

The spouse ielts scores expires in May. The spouse had re taken the ielts in Dec and the Dec scores are better than the May scores. But the EE application has the May scores. We have received the ITA and are completing the online application. Can we update the Dec ielts scores for the spouse in the application ?
You don't need to provide updated scores as you received an ITA with the lower scores itself. Continue with the May TRF and ignore the Dec results.

If you still want to update the scores, you can do this only if you received the physical copy of the TRF before you received the ITA. If that is the case, update the scores and explain using LOE. If that is not the case, ignore the Dec results.

Ramii

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Asivad Anac said:
You cannot apply to Ontario's PN program on your own. If you have a valid EE profile with a score of 400+ and at least a Bachelors degree, Ontario will send you an invitation following which you apply to Ontario with necessary documentation and they offer you a PN if they make a positive decision on your application. This PN nets you 600 additional points leading to an ITA.
I already got one, and I got an invitation a couple of days ago, but my score is higher than 450, so I had to ask you guys for your opinions. Thanks a lot for the reply btw :)