+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temp work permit applications 2013, CIC islamabad Pakistan

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
fkl said:
@ forsaken11,

Yes, she does need protectorate stamp - Every worker does (whether closed or open). In fact you should have gotten it for both together if you planned to leave together. You would indicate that it is a SOWP and hence won't mention employer details.

They would also ask for a declaration on stamp paper from husband or father which allows her to work in Canada. Normally a stamp paper seller outside Protectorate office will do it for you charging a few hundred PKR.
Thank you fkl! These forums are super helpful.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Alhamdulillah medical result shown as pass on mycic account. Waiting for passport request now.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
alijumani said:
Alhamdulillah medical result shown as pass on mycic account. Waiting for passport request now.
Congratulations! How you take medical exam ? is there any medical center in Pakistan to take medical exam for canada work visa ? And what is the procedure to take medical exam and after how long you got the medical exam status on cic site ?

Many Thanks

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
sonuahmad said:
Congratulations! How you take medical exam ? is there any medical center in Pakistan to take medical exam for canada work visa ? And what is the procedure to take medical exam and after how long you got the medical exam status on cic site ?

Many Thanks
Jazakallah brother, its for my spouse work permit not mine. Yes there is only one registered panel physician in Pakistan name IOM Migration health unit. They have three centre in Pakistan i.e. Karachi, Islamabad and Lahore.

Please find below link with address for your reference:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

Upon receiving a medical request from CHC applicant should contact the IOM office via phone or email to book an appointment. My wife received a medical request on Dec 1st and got an appointment for Dec 18 to do medical test. It took six days to update on mycic account as medical pass.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
alijumani said:
Jazakallah brother, its for my spouse work permit not mine. Yes there is only one registered panel physician in Pakistan name IOM Migration health unit. They have three centre in Pakistan i.e. Karachi, Islamabad and Lahore.

Please find below link with address for your reference:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

Upon receiving a medical request from CHC applicant should contact the IOM office via phone or email to book an appointment. My wife received a medical request on Dec 1st and got an appointment for Dec 18 to do medical test. It took six days to update on mycic account as medical pass.
I just notice on CIC website:

Jobs for which you need a medical exam

You may have to get a medical exam because of the type of job you want to do in Canada. Examples of such jobs are:

1. Jobs that bring you into close contact with people, such as:
  • workers in the health sciences field
  • clinical laboratory workers
  • patient attendants in nursing and geriatric homes
  • medical students admitted to Canada to attend university
  • medical electives and physicians on short-term locums
  • teachers of primary or secondary schools, or other teachers of small children domestics
  • workers who give in-home care to children, the elderly and the disabled
  • day nursery employees and
  • other similar jobs
2. Agricultural workers who have visited or lived in one of these countries for more than six months during the past year.

So My question is: Actually I am going to Canada for work as a Website Developer so do I still required to take medical exam ? Even I am not applying into the category any of above.

If medical exam is not required then how long it will take to process my application ? 5 Months already passed.

Many Thanks

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
sonuahmad said:
I just notice on CIC website:

Jobs for which you need a medical exam

You may have to get a medical exam because of the type of job you want to do in Canada. Examples of such jobs are:

1. Jobs that bring you into close contact with people, such as:
  • workers in the health sciences field
  • clinical laboratory workers
  • patient attendants in nursing and geriatric homes
  • medical students admitted to Canada to attend university
  • medical electives and physicians on short-term locums
  • teachers of primary or secondary schools, or other teachers of small children domestics
  • workers who give in-home care to children, the elderly and the disabled
  • day nursery employees and
  • other similar jobs
2. Agricultural workers who have visited or lived in one of these countries for more than six months during the past year.

So My question is: Actually I am going to Canada for work as a Website Developer so do I still required to take medical exam ? Even I am not applying into the category any of above.

If medical exam is not required then how long it will take to process my application ? 5 Months already passed.

Many Thanks
Sonu every applicant whose stay is longer then 6 months will have to do the medical exam it is very important unless applicant is a residence of medical exempt country. For eg UAE, Saudia and etc

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Congrats @ali, glad to hear you are making progress and Insha Allah yours should be through soon.

@sonu, i would second what ali already mentioned. Every one from a country such as Pakistan (except those going on six month or less trv) do need to go through medicals.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
Hello Seniors,

I have something new for you. Yesterday I received two letters from CIC "procedural fairness letter" and "Fee Exemption Proof Request Letter".

Actually I was submitted my conditional acceptance letter as a proof of fee exemption which was issued by IEC Kompass Canada and I paid my fee there so no need to pay fee to CIC that's why I submitted that conditional acceptance letter as a proof of fee exemption but I think they do not accept it.

Before posting the wordings of both letter I want to know if there is anything going wrong ? what should I do next ? Should I worry about it ?

Anyway here is the wordings in the fee exemption proof request letter:

Dear Sonu Ahmad,
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:

Sonu Ahmad:
> Fee Exemption, Proof: Proof that you are fee exempt and do not have to pay your application fees. If you do not have evidence that you are fee exemplt, plesae pay the $155 CAN fee for a work permit and the $85 fee for biometrics This must be received at this office by: 2015/01/29
Please note:
All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.
To provide the requested document(s), go to the MyCIC Welcome Page and click on the ‘’View Checklist’’ button beside your application number on your MyCIC Welcome Page and follow the instructions provided on that page.
Should you be unable to provide the information and/or other documents requested you must advise us in writing detailing the reasons why you cannot provide the document/information requested. You must upload this written explanation electronically through the MyCIC portal in lieu of the document requested.
You must provide these document(s) within the timeframe indicated in your MyCIC account. You will not be able to submit your document electronically after this timeframe has expired.
If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be made based upon the information already submitted with this application.
For additional information, consult the CIC Web site at www.cic.gc.ca.
Attention: The unique client identification (UCI) number in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number. For your own protection, do not allow any person, other than an authorized representative, to use this number as it provides access to personal information on your file.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
This message has been submitted to your MyCIC account.
By submitting your application electronically, you have agreed to receive correspondence electronically.

And here is the wordings from procedural fairness letter.

Dear Sonu Ahmad:
This refers to your application for work permit.
Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.

I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that the that you have provided a letter that indicates that you are applying under the International Experience Canada program. There is no such program between the Government of Canada and The Government of Pakistan. This does not appear to be a genuine letter.

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application for a work permit, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):

40. (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation:
(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act;
(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):
(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of a determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced
(3) A foreign national who is inadmissible under this section may not apply for permanent resident status during the period referred to in paragraph (2)(a).

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information in this regard. Please respond and clearly indicate your application number for all correspondence.

If you do not respond to this request within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

Sincerely,
Immigration Officer
Canadian High Commission
Islamabad, Pakistan

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
sonuahmad said:
Hello Seniors,

I have something new for you. Yesterday I received two letters from CIC "procedural fairness letter" and "Fee Exemption Proof Request Letter".

Actually I was submitted my conditional acceptance letter as a proof of fee exemption which was issued by IEC Kompass Canada and I paid my fee there so no need to pay fee to CIC that's why I submitted that conditional acceptance letter as a proof of fee exemption but I think they do not accept it.

Before posting the wordings of both letter I want to know if there is anything going wrong ? what should I do next ? Should I worry about it ?

Anyway here is the wordings in the fee exemption proof request letter:

Dear Sonu Ahmad,
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:

Sonu Ahmad:
> Fee Exemption, Proof: Proof that you are fee exempt and do not have to pay your application fees. If you do not have evidence that you are fee exemplt, plesae pay the $155 CAN fee for a work permit and the $85 fee for biometrics This must be received at this office by: 2015/01/29
Please note:
All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.
To provide the requested document(s), go to the MyCIC Welcome Page and click on the ‘'View Checklist'' button beside your application number on your MyCIC Welcome Page and follow the instructions provided on that page.
Should you be unable to provide the information and/or other documents requested you must advise us in writing detailing the reasons why you cannot provide the document/information requested. You must upload this written explanation electronically through the MyCIC portal in lieu of the document requested.
You must provide these document(s) within the timeframe indicated in your MyCIC account. You will not be able to submit your document electronically after this timeframe has expired.
If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be made based upon the information already submitted with this application.
For additional information, consult the CIC Web site at www.cic.gc.ca.
Attention: The unique client identification (UCI) number in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number. For your own protection, do not allow any person, other than an authorized representative, to use this number as it provides access to personal information on your file.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
This message has been submitted to your MyCIC account.
By submitting your application electronically, you have agreed to receive correspondence electronically.

And here is the wordings from procedural fairness letter.

Dear Sonu Ahmad:
This refers to your application for work permit.
Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.

I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that the that you have provided a letter that indicates that you are applying under the International Experience Canada program. There is no such program between the Government of Canada and The Government of Pakistan. This does not appear to be a genuine letter.

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application for a work permit, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):

40. (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation:
(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act;
(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):
(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of a determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced
(3) A foreign national who is inadmissible under this section may not apply for permanent resident status during the period referred to in paragraph (2)(a).

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information in this regard. Please respond and clearly indicate your application number for all correspondence.

If you do not respond to this request within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

Sincerely,
Immigration Officer
Canadian High Commission
Islamabad, Pakistan
Sonu I must say you are very lucky. In temporary visas 99% applicants directly rejected and banned for misrepresentation. However, you got a chance to prove. This is very serious concern brother please contact the authorities who are helping you for IEC and ask them to provide explanation to VISA officer.

Pakistan and Canada doesnot have IEC agreement. Best of luck brother

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@sonu, they are providing the opportunity to explain your position because if misrepresentation is found, they won't only refuse current application, they would ban you for a period of time.

So provide as much documentation as possible to prove your situation. All the best

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
Thank you so much both of you guys. I think they just want fee right ? so how about if I pay the fee and submit the payment slip. But as fkl said "provide as much documentation as possible to prove your situation" Which documents should I provide more ? and there is only one option open for me to submit the required document so how can I submit more then one document ? Please help I am really in very critical situation I don't want to be rejected so please give best advice. I didn't apply under IEC and I submitted my conditional acceptance letter as a fee exemption which was issued by IEC so that is the problem I think. I didn't do anything by myself but what AIESEC asked me to do.

Still waiting for your advice please.

Many Thanks,
Sonu Ahmad

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
No sonu, fee is not the problem as far i could see. They clearly said no IEC agreement exists between Pakistan and Canada which i also know is true. And they also said the letter appears fake. So you have to communicate with whoever issued the letter to prove it's genuine.

Any one reading your post of letter description would tell you, fee is not the basic issue here. They suspecting IEC being faked is...

Update:

I don't really understand your situation. If you didn't apply under IEC how come you be exempted from the fee and on what grounds. I guess any advice from us would first need to understand your situation.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
fkl said:
No sonu, fee is not the problem as far i could see. They clearly said no IEC agreement exists between Pakistan and Canada which i also know is true. And they also said the letter appears fake. So you have to communicate with whoever issued the letter to prove it's genuine.

Any one reading your post of letter description would tell you, fee is not the basic issue here. They suspecting IEC being faked is...

Update:

I don't really understand your situation. If you didn't apply under IEC how come you be exempted from the fee and on what grounds. I guess any advice from us would first need to understand your situation.
There is clearly said in the letter that they want fee or fee exemption proof. Here is the words from the letter: "Fee Exemption, Proof: Proof that you are fee exempt and do not have to pay your application fees. If you do not have evidence that you are fee exemplt, plesae pay the $155 CAN fee for a work permit and the $85 fee for biometrics This must be received at this office by: 2015/01/29"

Actually AIESEC asked me to apply for IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter so I did and I got approved and got Conditional Acceptance Letter which is 100% genuine and issued by IEC Kompass. Few months ago I was applied under IEC using the same letter (Conditional Acceptance Letter) but CIC was cancelled my application without telling me any reason so I am sure the reason was there is no agreement between canada and pakistan that's why they cancelled my application and then as AIESEC asked me to re-apply as simple work permit I mean not under IEC and I didn't pay the fee and uploaded the Conditional Acceptance Letter as fee exemption which AIESEC asked me to upload as proof of fee exemption so I did and I am sure they do not accepted that letter as fee exemption proof. So that letter won't works for me because I am from none IEC country and conditional acceptance letter is only for IEC Countries that's why CIC used the word none genuine or fake letter or irrelevant to Conditional Acceptance Letter otherwise that is genuine.

So now they want any proof of fee exemption other then conditional acceptance letter (If I want exemption in fee) they said if I don't have any proof of fee exemption then they want me to pay the fee. And I really don't have any problem in paying fee but I just want any experts advice before taking any action.

Waiting for your reply.

Many Thanks,
Sonu Ahmad

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
sonuahmad said:
There is clearly said in the letter that they want fee or fee exemption proof. Here is the words from the letter: "Fee Exemption, Proof: Proof that you are fee exempt and do not have to pay your application fees. If you do not have evidence that you are fee exemplt, plesae pay the $155 CAN fee for a work permit and the $85 fee for biometrics This must be received at this office by: 2015/01/29"

Actually AIESEC asked me to apply for IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter so I did and I got approved and got Conditional Acceptance Letter which is 100% genuine and issued by IEC Kompass. Few months ago I was applied under IEC using the same letter (Conditional Acceptance Letter) but CIC was cancelled my application without telling me any reason so I am sure the reason was there is no agreement between canada and pakistan that's why they cancelled my application and then as AIESEC asked me to re-apply as simple work permit I mean not under IEC and I didn't pay the fee and uploaded the Conditional Acceptance Letter as fee exemption which AIESEC asked me to upload as proof of fee exemption so I did and I am sure they do not accepted that letter as fee exemption proof. So that letter won't works for me because I am from none IEC country and conditional acceptance letter is only for IEC Countries that's why CIC used the word none genuine or fake letter or irrelevant to Conditional Acceptance Letter otherwise that is genuine.

So now they want any proof of fee exemption other then conditional acceptance letter (If I want exemption in fee) they said if I don't have any proof of fee exemption then they want me to pay the fee. And I really don't have any problem in paying fee but I just want any experts advice before taking any action.

Waiting for your reply.

Many Thanks,
Sonu Ahmad
You still don't get it do you? I second with what fkl said this is not only about fee but also VO has really serious concerns regarding your position and how did you manage to get an acceptance letter for IEC while Govt. of Canada and Pakistan do not have any partnership pilot programme. Procedural fairness letter is very very serious concern failed to clear all VO doubt could lead you barred for 3 years to enter Canada and life time bad history with CIC. Best of luck I would suggest you to read the letter again or ask some professional help in needed to understand.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
alijumani said:
You still don't get it do you? I second with what fkl said this is not only about fee but also VO has really serious concerns regarding your position and how did you manage to get an acceptance letter for IEC while Govt. of Canada and Pakistan do not have any partnership pilot programme. Procedural fairness letter is very very serious concern failed to clear all VO doubt could lead you barred for 3 years to enter Canada and life time bad history with CIC. Best of luck I would suggest you to read the letter again or ask some professional help in needed to understand.
But my Conditional Acceptance Letter is 100% genuine its not fake its issued by IEC Kompass why they do not verify it from the IEC instead of asking me ?

I am really worried all the documents are genuine and I dont want to be rejected please help I don't have any professional who can help me about it.

Waiting for your response,
Sonu Ahmad