+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temp work permit applications 2013, CIC islamabad Pakistan

ns2014

Sep 12, 2014
Dear All,

Alhamdulillah I have received email from CIC yesterday that my application for work permit has been approved. Its been truly a long wait. INSHALLAH will receive the documents from VFS soon.

My prayers with all who are waiting, INSHALLAH you'll receive soon. Thanks to all those who provided useful information on this forum.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
ns2014 said:
Dear All,

Alhamdulillah I have received email from CIC yesterday that my application for work permit has been approved. Its been truly a long wait. INSHALLAH will receive the documents from VFS soon.

My prayers with all who are waiting, INSHALLAH you'll receive soon. Thanks to all those who provided useful information on this forum.
Congrats, thanks so much for your best wishes

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Processing time for work permit at Islamabad office is now being changed from 6 to 7 months

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
alijumani said:
Hi Sonu,

Any further update after that email?
Hello alijumani,

How are you ? No further update even 4 months and few weeks passed but I am still waiting to hear from the embassy. Even I emailed to them about my application status and they asked me that my application is under processing / review.

Any advice please ?

Many Thanks,
Sonu Ahmad

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
sonuahmad said:
Hello alijumani,

How are you ? No further update even 4 months and few weeks passed but I am still waiting to hear from the embassy. Even I emailed to them about my application status and they asked me that my application is under processing / review.

Any advice please ?

Many Thanks,
Sonu Ahmad
I am good, today Alhamdulillah my spouse got a message on mycic to do the medical exam. I wish you also get your medical and work permit in a week time. Hang in there sonu, you are next.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
alijumani said:
I am good, today Alhamdulillah my spouse got a message on mycic to do the medical exam. I wish you also get your medical and work permit in a week time. Hang in there sonu, you are next.
Hello Alijumani,

Congratulation on getting medical call for your spouse its really good news inshallah your spouse will get work permit very soon. Can you please tell me when did you submitted your spouse's work application ? How long in total took your spouse application for the medical call ? Can we consider medical call as a plus point or guarantee of work permit ? Do you have any idea how long it will take after medical ?

Many Thanks,
Sonu Ahmad

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
sonuahmad said:
Hello Alijumani,

Congratulation on getting medical call for your spouse its really good news inshallah your spouse will get work permit very soon. Can you please tell me when did you submitted your spouse's work application ? How long in total took your spouse application for the medical call ? Can we consider medical call as a plus point or guarantee of work permit ? Do you have any idea how long it will take after medical ?

Many Thanks,
Sonu Ahmad
Thanks so much Sonu. We submitted our online application on August 19, 2014. Medical request proves the better chances for approval however sometime it takes 2 weeks to 5 weeks to get visa after medical exam.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
alijumani said:
Thanks so much Sonu. We submitted our online application on August 19, 2014. Medical request proves the better chances for approval however sometime it takes 2 weeks to 5 weeks to get visa after medical exam.
I think you hear from the cic faster then me because I was submitted my application on July-22-2014 but I am still waiting to hear from them even you submitted application for your spouse on August 19, 2014 and got response. Anyway hope to get positive response from cic very soon. Please pray for me as well.

Many Thanks,
Sonu Ahmad

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
sonuahmad said:
I think you hear from the cic faster then me because I was submitted my application on July-22-2014 but I am still waiting to hear from them even you submitted application for your spouse on August 19, 2014 and got response. Anyway hope to get positive response from cic very soon. Please pray for me as well.

Many Thanks,
Sonu Ahmad
The reason your application is taking longer time to process is because you applied work permit as principal applicant so CIC takes all the time to make sure the applicant is bona fide. However, in my case I am the main applicant who is already in Canada on work permit and applied my spouse's open work permit based on my skill job.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
alijumani said:
The reason your application is taking longer time to process is because you applied work permit as principal applicant so CIC takes all the time to make sure the applicant is bona fide. However, in my case I am the main applicant who is already in Canada on work permit and applied my spouse's open work permit based on my skill job.
Ohh I see. Anyway do you have any idea how long it will take more ? because near about 5 months already passed and I am still waiting to hear from cic. One more thing I want your suggestion please actually I was planned to visit India with my brother and my brother already submitted his passport for India visa stamp I am scaring because I don't want to be rejected from Canada due to delay or unable to submit my passport. So I just want to know how long cic will take my application and when they will response me ? Because I want to submit my passport for India visa before hearing from cic.

Hope you understand,

Many Thanks,
Sonu Ahmad

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I don't think applying for first time as principal applicant vs applying for spousal work permit only makes any impact on time frames.

In fact their is far less chance of refusal if you apply together, because the main applicant needed in Canada won't be coming if his family is refused. Normally either all are approved or all are rejected. But once PA is there, spouse or kids are just a liability. I have seen families processed in 2 months total.

It really depends upon how strong a job and profile you have, how complete your application was, as well as many other factors such as what time of year you applied and how busy CIC is at that time.

Highest priority is to study permits, then trvs, then work permits. So if you apply between say Mar to July, it is peak time for study permits for Sept, and you are likely to face more delays.

Usually when you receive passport request, you have 15 or so days to submit passport, unless my memory is deceiving me. So if you know that your india visa will be processed with in that time frame, you can apply safely.

Also i assume that you are already passed medicals stage. if that is not the case then you have quite a good deal of time in between since medicals request are issued giving you a two months time frame to get those done.

newmanitoban

Apr 28, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 13
Doc's Request.
Jul 14
AOR Received.
Jan 14
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
Feb 14
Med's Request
Sep 14
Med's Done....
Sep 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 14
LANDED..........
March 15
fkl said:
I don't think applying for first time as principal applicant vs applying for spousal work permit only makes any impact on time frames.

In fact their is far less chance of refusal if you apply together, because the main applicant needed in Canada won't be coming if his family is refused. Normally either all are approved or all are rejected. But once PA is there, spouse or kids are just a liability. I have seen families processed in 2 months total.

It really depends upon how strong a job and profile you have, how complete your application was, as well as many other factors such as what time of year you applied and how busy CIC is at that time.

Highest priority is to study permits, then trvs, then work permits. So if you apply between say Mar to July, it is peak time for study permits for Sept, and you are likely to face more delays.

Usually when you receive passport request, you have 15 or so days to submit passport, unless my memory is deceiving me. So if you know that your india visa will be processed with in that time frame, you can apply safely.

Also i assume that you are already passed medicals stage. if that is not the case then you have quite a good deal of time in between since medicals request are issued giving you a two months time frame to get those done.
I thought only alijumani and sonuahmed are here,
Nice to see your comback ,

hows life going on bro ?

Regards

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@newmanitobian

No, i have been following :) just didn't find any thing useful to input from my side until now.

I am good, thank you and glad to hear from you. Hoping all is well on your side. When do you expect materializing landing in Canada? Let me know

Another aspect might be that if i am travelling due to work, then forum interaction gets reduced significantly :)

newmanitoban

Apr 28, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 13
Doc's Request.
Jul 14
AOR Received.
Jan 14
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
Feb 14
Med's Request
Sep 14
Med's Done....
Sep 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 14
LANDED..........
March 15
fkl said:
@ newmanitobian

No, i have been following :) just didn't find any thing useful to input from my side until now.

I am good, thank you and glad to hear from you. Hoping all is well on your side. When do you expect materializing landing in Canada? Let me know

Another aspect might be that if i am travelling due to work, then forum interaction gets reduced significantly :)
A prompt response from a prompt person,

Pm you bro

Regards

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
fkl said:
@ newmanitobian

FKL I have been throughly reading updates regarding Express Entry. I am assuming you are in BC province. If yes, did you applied for PNP yet? As per new EE law an applicant will get 600 points if they have provincial nominee or approved LMIA.