+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Insurance - Need suggestion on the new changes

Jan 10, 2021
Hi All,

Need your advise. I have applied for mother's super visa and have opted for yearly insurance plan as per IRCC new announcement. Once, approval is received, can I cancel the yearly insurance plan and opt for monthly insurance payment plan for her travel? This makes more sense and economical even after deduction of charges. I am planning to call my mother to Canada for 8-9 months, so why to pay for whole year and save money to utilize on my mother?

Background: I know this is incorrect but just to share a background, I have to opt for pre-illness insurance plan as my mother has diabetes and that costs $75000 yearly for #3,00,000 and if it would be have ben 2-2.5k$, there wouldnt have been any issue.

Please advise, if this Super visa insurance change is applicable during visa processing or IRCC will allow my mother to travel using monthly insurance plan post receipt of Super Visa?

Regards,

Rohit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

Need your advise. I have applied for mother's super visa and have opted for yearly insurance plan as per IRCC new announcement. Once, approval is received, can I cancel the yearly insurance plan and opt for monthly insurance payment plan for her travel? This makes more sense and economical even after deduction of charges. I am planning to call my mother to Canada for 8-9 months, so why to pay for whole year and save money to utilize on my mother?

Background: I know this is incorrect but just to share a background, I have to opt for pre-illness insurance plan as my mother has diabetes and that costs $75000 yearly for #3,00,000 and if it would be have ben 2-2.5k$, there wouldnt have been any issue.

Please advise, if this Super visa insurance change is applicable during visa processing or IRCC will allow my mother to travel using monthly insurance plan post receipt of Super Visa?

Regards,

Rohit
She will need to show the proof of insurance for the year when she enters Canada.