Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
I wonder how many students from Bangladesh are actually aware/know about this forum

abrar2007

Star Member
May 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011
Med's Request
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
LANDED..........
13-08-2011
i guess me nd u.......

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Few others are also here.......snake was a very regular member over here but suddenly he vanished! He helped me a lot with my application :D

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
me got my visa :D Alhamdulillah :D

raquibahmed

Jun 4, 2011
Dhaka
Visa Office......
Canadian High Commission - Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Today I got my medical call.. inshAllah I'll give my medical soon.. Pray for me :)

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
Hey Guys,

I will be applying for my visa next week insha Allah. Got refused last year so a little nervous now. I've prepared most of my docs except for the affidavit and some corrections that are to be made on IMM1294E. Any last minute advice??

rhasan congratulations for your early visa. Could you tell me what made your application so strong that it helped you issue your visa that early? If there are personal details you don't want to expose, I'm ok with that :). I'm a little worried as my residence has set a deadline on the 15th of August for the 1st installment of residence fees and I hope to get my visa by then. Last year I had no choice but to pay for it before my visa was issued (or else I would have lost my spot and had no one else to look after me) and then had to go through a lot to request for a refund after my visa was refused.

Hope everything goes smoothly this time insha Allah. Last year I DID have a weak application due to a huge communication gap between me and my father but I finally managed to convince him to get me all the necessary documents and he is willing to go to all lengths to help me through the obstacles this time.

May Allah bless you all and pray for me too!! :D

abrar2007

Star Member
May 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011
Med's Request
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
LANDED..........
13-08-2011
hey ridz.... inshallah you will get visa this time :).....if you have any confusion regarding anything, just post here and we'll help you inshallah

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
RIDZ said:
Hey Guys,

I will be applying for my visa next week insha Allah. Got refused last year so a little nervous now. I've prepared most of my docs except for the affidavit and some corrections that are to be made on IMM1294E. Any last minute advice??

rhasan congratulations for your early visa. Could you tell me what made your application so strong that it helped you issue your visa that early? If there are personal details you don't want to expose, I'm ok with that :). I'm a little worried as my residence has set a deadline on the 15th of August for the 1st installment of residence fees and I hope to get my visa by then. Last year I had no choice but to pay for it before my visa was issued (or else I would have lost my spot and had no one else to look after me) and then had to go through a lot to request for a refund after my visa was refused.

Hope everything goes smoothly this time insha Allah. Last year I DID have a weak application due to a huge communication gap between me and my father but I finally managed to convince him to get me all the necessary documents and he is willing to go to all lengths to help me through the obstacles this time.

May Allah bless you all and pray for me too!! :D
Hello bhaia,

Refusal is part of life and you should not be nervous about that; you just have to be cautious that's all. Now, you still did not prepare the most important document of the application - the affidavit. Trust me, VO doesn't care which university you are going; he/she only care about how much money you have and how much can you spend :p

Now regarding making the application strong, you should look at the following points:
1. How financially sound you are for undertaking the expenses?
2. How liable you are in terms of returning to your country after completing your study (country tie)?

For number 1:
Most of the applications that are rejected are based on improper financial support. And many of them are rejected although they show proper amount of money (suppose the expense is $40,000 and they show $40,000). And the reason for that is simply because they are not proving that their sponsor, although giving away that $40,000, is financially sound to look after his family. If there is no sponsor and it's completely self-funded/scholarship, then there is no problem in that field. So, if your expense is like $40,000 and you can show perhaps double, you will be JUST FINE. VO knows that you can sustain your study and hence you are willing to go but they are interested to see whether your sponsor can sustain his/her family too!

For number 2:
This is another reason for which many applications get rejected. Country tie is a vital factor and it can be shown through many different ways. Properties/assets is a strong country tie (doesn't have to be yours but your family member's or sponsor's). But sometimes people say that's the only thing for country tie which is not true. One of my friend broke that myth by simply showing work experience and affiliation letter and got medical call (and inshallah will be getting visa soon too). Anything that can show your willingness to come back to country like properties/assets/parents/wife/you are the only child/work experience/leave from job/affiliation can be just fine. The more, the better since there is no telling which one is stronger than which one.

Well I simply made my documents strong by showing properties, showing money more than the expense (like I have said before), affiliation letter, work experience letter, a clear study plan (you should submit a plan for your intention to study - if you need help in this one, do ask for it), all the forms checked thoroughly, all the required documents (academics and stuffs).

If you have any specific question, please do post it. Specific questions are easier to be answered. And inshallah this time you will get visa. But do file the application as soon as possible because there are lots of hartal coming up and that might delay (hope not since CHC will be open) your application processing.

Keep us updating.

raquibahmed

Jun 4, 2011
Dhaka
Visa Office......
Canadian High Commission - Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear RIDZ,

Whatever rhasan bhaia said is completely correct but I want to give emphasis on the point of the "Study Plan". Since it is not mandatory for study permit so many of us misses this point. During my visa application I submitted 2 copies of this study plan and the High Commission kept both my copies. I am sure the visa officer went through what I wrote so don't take it lightly. Since there is no Interview for the visa, so this is kind of your interview for them.

rhasan bhaia is really helpful and he helped compile my whole documents for me. Congratulations to him and also thanks to him. If you need anything post here, we will try our best to help.

Regards

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
abrar2007 said:
hey ridz.... inshallah you will get visa this time :).....if you have any confusion regarding anything, just post here and we'll help you inshallah
Thanks a lot bro. Really appreciate your concern :)

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
rhasan said:
Hello bhaia,

Refusal is part of life and you should not be nervous about that; you just have to be cautious that's all. Now, you still did not prepare the most important document of the application - the affidavit. Trust me, VO doesn't care which university you are going; he/she only care about how much money you have and how much can you spend :p

Now regarding making the application strong, you should look at the following points:
1. How financially sound you are for undertaking the expenses?
2. How liable you are in terms of returning to your country after completing your study (country tie)?

For number 1:
Most of the applications that are rejected are based on improper financial support. And many of them are rejected although they show proper amount of money (suppose the expense is $40,000 and they show $40,000). And the reason for that is simply because they are not proving that their sponsor, although giving away that $40,000, is financially sound to look after his family. If there is no sponsor and it's completely self-funded/scholarship, then there is no problem in that field. So, if your expense is like $40,000 and you can show perhaps double, you will be JUST FINE. VO knows that you can sustain your study and hence you are willing to go but they are interested to see whether your sponsor can sustain his/her family too!

For number 2:
This is another reason for which many applications get rejected. Country tie is a vital factor and it can be shown through many different ways. Properties/assets is a strong country tie (doesn't have to be yours but your family member's or sponsor's). But sometimes people say that's the only thing for country tie which is not true. One of my friend broke that myth by simply showing work experience and affiliation letter and got medical call (and inshallah will be getting visa soon too). Anything that can show your willingness to come back to country like properties/assets/parents/wife/you are the only child/work experience/leave from job/affiliation can be just fine. The more, the better since there is no telling which one is stronger than which one.

Well I simply made my documents strong by showing properties, showing money more than the expense (like I have said before), affiliation letter, work experience letter, a clear study plan (you should submit a plan for your intention to study - if you need help in this one, do ask for it), all the forms checked thoroughly, all the required documents (academics and stuffs).

If you have any specific question, please do post it. Specific questions are easier to be answered. And inshallah this time you will get visa. But do file the application as soon as possible because there are lots of hartal coming up and that might delay (hope not since CHC will be open) your application processing.

Keep us updating.
Hey thanks again rhasan. I've noticed your activeness on a lot of recent posts and I gotta admit how dedicated you seem while helping others. May Allah bless you for this!!

So back to my story.
I apologize for not having posted my detailed story regarding the refusal, which led you to writing this big post.
I know where I went wrong last year but I'll mention it here just to reassure that I was able to figure out where the problem was:

I lived in ksa for 16 years and I returned in March 2010. My dad closed almost all his old bank accounts and opened a new principle account in that month. The sum accumulated to over 1.25 crore BDT (enough to cover up almost 4 years of my expenses in Canada as well as supporting the family). Unfortunately, the checklist I initially received was VERY brief and missed a lot of details. One of the requirements was:
"One year statement of transactions from personal bank account(s) (original certified bank issued statement or a copy of passbooks) with letter of introduction from the bank fixed deposit certificates, savings certificates, PSP, if any. Note that you must also demonstrate that sufficient funds will be available to support yourself during the whole duration of your program."
I did not know about the ONE YEAR duration. By the time I did, it was already too late. I remember asking my dad for his older accounts but he said he knew people who only showed transactions over a period of 6 months(and they got their visas), plus the current amount in his principle account had enough to cover up for my entire study period so he told me to forget about the older ones. During the interview, the visa officer asked me why my statement showed a balance of zero before March. I explained her everything properly and she even believed me (well that's what the refusal letter said. "I believe the applicant did not answer my questions truthfully" point was left unchecked). But rules are rules I suppose. The checklist said 1 year so 1 year it is!!

About the affidavit, well I had mine prepared properly last time. I suppose they prefer looking at the quantity of your properties rather than the value of a single property :S. I showed 2 properties (one worth 4+ crore and the other worth 1.5 crore BDT). My friend, on the other hand, showed 4 properties that summed up to a total of 4.5 crore. So I assumed my affidavit would be strong but it wasn't :(. But my conclusion regarding this matter may just be flawed. Maybe it was the "1 year transaction statement" that had to be fixed".

Lastly, my dad's affiliation with his company as a Director wasn't proven properly with supporting documents. (As mentioned earlier, i was a bad son and sucked at communicating :$. I guess the refusal was for good because my dad's like my best friend now :O :D). All his docs were in Bengali and he didn't issue any certificate mentioning his shares in the company. Only the date regarding his employment and other minute details were presented. I've made sure I don't miss the important stuffs out this time ;). So I'm also issuing a document of his investment in a company in Dubai (hope that won't be a problem to the officer).

So there goes my essay :$. Apologies again for forcing you to go through this pain. Hope I've made things clear now. I will post about my compiled documents once I'm done with my affidavit (which will contain over 5-6 properties this time insha Allah) and bank statements (from 4 accounts).

I WOULD REALLY BE GRATEFUL IF YOU HELPED ME OUT WITH A STUDY PLAN :D

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
raquibahmed said:
Dear RIDZ,

Whatever rhasan bhaia said is completely correct but I want to give emphasis on the point of the "Study Plan". Since it is not mandatory for study permit so many of us misses this point. During my visa application I submitted 2 copies of this study plan and the High Commission kept both my copies. I am sure the visa officer went through what I wrote so don't take it lightly. Since there is no Interview for the visa, so this is kind of your interview for them.

rhasan bhaia is really helpful and he helped compile my whole documents for me. Congratulations to him and also thanks to him. If you need anything post here, we will try our best to help.

Regards
Hey raquib bhai thanks for your commitment :). Just pray for me bro. I'll be sure to ask if I need anything at all insha Allah