01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
RIDZ said:
Hey bro,

Doubts never end :p

In the study plan, can I give answers to questions that MAY arise in the VO's head when he or she goes through my application?
Because last year they called me to an interview to clarify some points regarding name, bank statement, etc. And I remember some sites mentioning that the same VO will not check your app again as you have already been refused once.

Questions that MAY arise are:
1. Why did he defer? (I got refused duh :p)
2. What did he do during this entire year after his refusal?
3. Why previous accounts and properties weren't enclosed back then? (My dad submitted a statement displaying transactions over the past 6 months even though the checklist asked for a whole year's. He believed the balance remaining was enough for me to cover an expense of 4 years)
4. Why does he have different names on his passport? (K now I got a LONG history on that. I only had my nickname on the 1st pp (1 name, last name) , then the "full name" along with nickname on the 2nd(3 names, 1st middle and last), and my current pp only contains my "full name" (2 names, 1st and middle). Sigh I know my history is ruined :(. But as long as all my passports have references of one another, it shouldn't be an issue to the VO right?)

The VO might really want to know the answer to question 3 (and maybe to the others as well). Should I just ignore them and go back to chilling and let VO do his work or should I explain them earlier on the cover letter for smoother processing? :|
Bro I really don't know whether you should attach an additional page explaining the questions that you are thinking off. I think it would be a good idea to not include them in the study plan but to attach another cover letter explaining your situation. OR you can ask VFS whether it is required to submit such thing after a refusal.

About the naming problem, I don't think you have to submit all of your passports. That may cause the VO some confusion. So just submit the current passport where you want your visa to be issued on. Once again I think you should ask VFS whether or not to submit all of your passports.

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
rhasan said:
Bro I really don't know whether you should attach an additional page explaining the questions that you are thinking off. I think it would be a good idea to not include them in the study plan but to attach another cover letter explaining your situation. OR you can ask VFS whether it is required to submit such thing after a refusal.

About the naming problem, I don't think you have to submit all of your passports. That may cause the VO some confusion. So just submit the current passport where you want your visa to be issued on. Once again I think you should ask VFS whether or not to submit all of your passports.
I understand how complicated this is getting (well my life was never easier but whatever :p). The new checklist boldly mentioned that you MUST submit your previous passports as well. Plus, last year when I got called for the interview, I was asked to bring my old passports along. The recent passport does not have any history of my stay in KSA.

And I'll call the VFS tomorrow to ask for details on that insha Allah.

Regards bro :D

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
RIDZ said:
I understand how complicated this is getting (well my life was never easier but whatever :p). The new checklist boldly mentioned that you MUST submit your previous passports as well. Plus, last year when I got called for the interview, I was asked to bring my old passports along. The recent passport does not have any history of my stay in KSA.

And I'll call the VFS tomorrow to ask for details on that insha Allah.

Regards bro :D
Oooo ok. Well my old passport is an obsolete one so I never mention about it anywhere :p Plus all the visas are in the current one so am least bothered about these rules :p BTW do give updates about what VFS tells you regarding these matters.

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
rhasan said:
Oooo ok. Well my old passport is an obsolete one so I never mention about it anywhere :p Plus all the visas are in the current one so am least bothered about these rules :p BTW do give updates about what VFS tells you regarding these matters.
Sure thing bro. Will keep you guys posted insha Allah :D

IffatK

Jul 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Canadian High Commission, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I applied for visa last Tuesday and expecting initial outcome on July 19th. I wanted to know about the things that are needed to be done if Medical exam is requested. What are the tests they tell you to do? And are the documents that I should provide HC after the tests are done? I am asking this cause I need to quicken the process as it is already too late.

Initially I had applied on June 14th and got a refusal on June 23rd based on 'not being able to comply with their request to provide the ORIGIN of the cash deposited in my father's (sponsor's) account'. But the problem is that I was never asked to provide the 'ORIGIN' of the cash, I was asked to provide the 'DEPOSIT SLIP' that the cash was deposited in his account. When I was submitting this additional document I asked the officer collecting it to check if this was indeed the document HC wanted and he confirmed. Eventually my permit was declined :(. So applied again with the origin shown.

I also have another confusion, on June 16th I got another scholarship (Research Assistantship) that ensures full tuition fees waiver. This paper was not shown when I applied on June 14th as the the decision was still pending back then. The papers I provided back then showed 50% waiver. Now the confusion is that I provided original copies of every document from the University with the exception of this RA offer letter. Gave the printed email copy (with department email ID visible) as well as a faxed copy of this document. Do you think it could cause any problem? I mean do they accept fax/email copies? I made sure the departmental address/number is visible so that they can easily verify its authenticity if required.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
IffatK said:
Hello, I applied for visa last Tuesday and expecting initial outcome on July 19th. I wanted to know about the things that are needed to be done if Medical exam is requested. What are the tests they tell you to do? And are the documents that I should provide HC after the tests are done? I am asking this cause I need to quicken the process as it is already too late.

Initially I had applied on June 14th and got a refusal on June 23rd based on 'not being able to comply with their request to provide the ORIGIN of the cash deposited in my father's (sponsor's) account'. But the problem is that I was never asked to provide the 'ORIGIN' of the cash, I was asked to provide the 'DEPOSIT SLIP' that the cash was deposited in his account. When I was submitting this additional document I asked the officer collecting it to check if this was indeed the document HC wanted and he confirmed. Eventually my permit was declined :(. So applied again with the origin shown.

I also have another confusion, on June 16th I got another scholarship (Research Assistantship) that ensures full tuition fees waiver. This paper was not shown when I applied on June 14th as the the decision was still pending back then. The papers I provided back then showed 50% waiver. Now the confusion is that I provided original copies of every document from the University with the exception of this RA offer letter. Gave the printed email copy (with department email ID visible) as well as a faxed copy of this document. Do you think it could cause any problem? I mean do they accept fax/email copies? I made sure the departmental address/number is visible so that they can easily verify its authenticity if required.
Sorry to hear about your rejection :( Inshallah you will get your visa this time. Now about the medical, as soon as you get your passport back along with the medical information paper and medical form (all will be enclosed along the submitted documents; sometimes they keep the photocopies; in a yellowish envelop), you should make an appointment for conducting the exam the very next day. I suggest IOM since they are very efficient in terms of sending the report to Singapore. They dispatch reports the day after which the medical exam is given by FedEx. They even send sms with the tracking number for your convenience. The tests included are: urine test, chest x-ray, blood test (2 vacutainer) and physical examination (blood pressure, heart beat, etc. (be prepared for surprises in this part ;))).

Now I am confused about your situation. You mentioned you have provided original copies of every documents from the university apart from the RA offer and in the next sentence you wrote about faxed/emailed copies. Can you please tell me which one is for which?

On the other hand, since you have shown 50% waiver, I am assuming you showed other through financial support right? As long as you are showing that you have enough money to complete your studies, not providing with RA update is not a problem. These things can come even the day before your flight so not a problem.

IffatK

Jul 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhasan said:
Sorry to hear about your rejection :( Inshallah you will get your visa this time. Now about the medical, as soon as you get your passport back along with the medical information paper and medical form (all will be enclosed along the submitted documents; sometimes they keep the photocopies; in a yellowish envelop), you should make an appointment for conducting the exam the very next day. I suggest IOM since they are very efficient in terms of sending the report to Singapore. They dispatch reports the day after which the medical exam is given by FedEx. They even send sms with the tracking number for your convenience. The tests included are: urine test, chest x-ray, blood test (2 vacutainer) and physical examination (blood pressure, heart beat, etc. (be prepared for surprises in this part ;))).

Now I am confused about your situation. You mentioned you have provided original copies of every documents from the university apart from the RA offer and in the next sentence you wrote about faxed/emailed copies. Can you please tell me which one is for which?

On the other hand, since you have shown 50% waiver, I am assuming you showed other through financial support right? As long as you are showing that you have enough money to complete your studies, not providing with RA update is not a problem. These things can come even the day before your flight so not a problem.
thank you for your response. By original copy I mean the letter sent to me directly from the university by post. I provided them the original admission letter and 50% scholarship letter (known as International Graduate Student Entrance Scholarship). But the RA offer letter was a print out of the email they sent,as well as a faxed copy (the same thing but two different formats both with the senders identification visible). I showed rest of the money in my father's account, the amount shown is a lot of more than what I will actually need over there.

But I'm kinda scared since HC people can be whimsical. I mean the thing that happened with me, they wanted something and asked for something else costing me my permit. who in their right mind wont provide a doc if requested? ::) :(

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
IffatK said:
thank you for your response. By original copy I mean the letter sent to me directly from the university by post. I provided them the original admission letter and 50% scholarship letter (known as International Graduate Student Entrance Scholarship). But the RA offer letter was a print out of the email they sent,as well as a faxed copy (the same thing but two different formats both with the senders identification visible). I showed rest of the money in my father's account, the amount shown is a lot of more than what I will actually need over there.

But I'm kinda scared since HC people can be whimsical. I mean the thing that happened with me, they wanted something and asked for something else costing me my permit. who in their right mind wont provide a doc if requested? ::) :(
Since you have already submitted the docs, I think you should not be worried about that. Because many people apply with email/faxed copies of scholarship approvals since TA/RAships are always given late + it takes around 20days for the mail to arrive. So I guess that shouldn't be a problem. Hope for the best :D

IffatK

Jul 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhasan said:
Since you have already submitted the docs, I think you should not be worried about that. Because many people apply with email/faxed copies of scholarship approvals since TA/RAships are always given late + it takes around 20days for the mail to arrive. So I guess that shouldn't be a problem. Hope for the best :D
Thank you. :)

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
Hey Iffat bhai we hope you get your visa soon. rhasan bro helped me a lot through my application as well and insha Allah you won't be facing any further trouble with yours :)

rhasan bhai, long time :p. I called the VFS office today. He told me not to worry about the deferral and activities performed during the gap year. But about not having enclosed the bank statements and properties last year, he said I MAY explain it if I want to but its not mandatory. He said explaining my condition was merely for my convenience.

But what counts now is your opinion, as you have ample amount of knowledge regarding visa issues masha Allah! So what would you suggest, leave it be? or explain why I didn't enclose ALL the bank statements and properties last year?
Basically, I don't want to face an interview this time. Not that I'm scared of interviews. In fact, last year I WANTED my interview to be conducted!!(so that I could explain my problems more easily). I just hear people saying that most of the applicants who faced interviews were refused and its VERY difficult to convince the VO during an interview as they usually make their mind of refusing you before calling you for an interview. Just a few confusions need some clearing and that's why they call you for one. I don't know if that's a myth or a fact but I'm just making sure that I don't jeopardize my admission to Canada due to lack of information :)

Regards bro!
p.s. when's your flight? :D

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Good to hear that VFS explained something well over the phone. The are generally very snappy in phone conversations.

Now I suggest not to include anything as it might make things complicated. Your case of refusal was very simple - you did not include all the documents a.k.a there were not serious issues for rejection! What you CAN do is, in your study plan, at the very last paragraph, you write something like "that you very much for considering my application. I hope you will find all the documents to be enclosed with my application which I was unable to in my last attempt for getting study permit due to some gap of communication (or give a solid detail)..."

I suggest, like vfs said, for your own convenience, add a small note like that in your study plan and don't attach a separate sheet for explanation. Your case was a very simple one and generally people with more complex scenarios like rejection for study miss match and stuffs need other papers.

Hopefully I will be flying on 21st aug :D

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Med's Request
21-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
I didn't expect the VFS guys to be friendly either but they turned out to be rather helpful :D

And thanks again for that piece of advice; it sure seems simple, yet effective!!

Thanks again bro. I suppose this was the last 5% that needed clarification :p
Keep praying for me. I'll let you know how my application goes. Oh btw I had my statement of assets printed but there were some mistakes so I have to go back for correction. I thought I would let you know after I got the revised copy but its going to take some time before I do that because my dad's depositing a big amount of cash tomorrow so I thought I would get the most recent copy of bank statement and quote the exact balance on the statement of assets.

Regards again bro :D

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
RIDZ said:
I didn't expect the VFS guys to be friendly either but they turned out to be rather helpful :D

And thanks again for that piece of advice; it sure seems simple, yet effective!!

Thanks again bro. I suppose this was the last 5% that needed clarification :p
Keep praying for me. I'll let you know how my application goes. Oh btw I had my statement of assets printed but there were some mistakes so I have to go back for correction. I thought I would let you know after I got the revised copy but its going to take some time before I do that because my dad's depositing a big amount of cash tomorrow so I thought I would get the most recent copy of bank statement and quote the exact balance on the statement of assets.

Regards again bro :D
Sure. Hope for the best. Inshallah you will get the visa this time :D

RIDZ

Star Member
Jul 3, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011