+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Thank you so much for your answer, I didn't even imagine it was like that, that they would send info to Buffalo..I thought we would select it (either buffalo or home country), but it makes sense.
Did you apply for your PR already?
How long does it take to get it? 4 months?6months? a year?

Thanks
Akk

ingegarcia said:
Yes you can process your PR to your home country but you have to send an email to Alberta AINP and ask them to send your nomination to the office in your home country... otherwise they'll send your papers to Buffalo and you'll need to do send your initial application to Buffalo.... if this happens you'll need to ask Buffalo to transfer your case to your home country which will take more time...

Also the only way you can go to Canada without PR is through a VISA... if you do not want visa then you'll need to wait for PR either in US or in your home country.

akk

Sep 2, 2008
This is a great question aayaz... I thought it was everything by mail....if you find an answer please let us know.
I would love if there was no need to go to Buffalo, I am in California...and it is soooo far....

Thanks,
Akk

aayaz said:
hi ingegarcia

i read ur answer regarding application for PR from one's home country rather than US. My question is do i hve to apply in person in the buffloo office for CIC after i get nominated from alberta or I can send my application to buffloo office by mail. i hve recieved the application kit and i will apply it after chrismas.

Thanks for ur help and guidance in advance. May God Bless U all.

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
aayaz said:
hi ingegarcia

i read ur answer regarding application for PR from one's home country rather than US. My question is do i hve to apply in person in the buffloo office for CIC after i get nominated from alberta or I can send my application to buffloo office by mail. i hve recieved the application kit and i will apply it after chrismas.

Thanks for ur help and guidance in advance. May God Bless U all.
Hi Aayaz and all!

I believe we will just mail the documents to Buffalo office.

Here's Buffalo office's visa application instructions link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf

Hope it helps :)

aayaz

Nov 17, 2008
Thanks jpadz for the link.

So we can mail the documents to buffalo office. Now i hve another question, im going to my home country in 2 months and will be back after 3 months. if i prepare all the documents required for CIC and ask my trusted uncle to submit these documents to bufflo office along with the nominee certificate when they recieve my nominee certificate. Is it wise thing to do? I want my process to be completed soon. and if i ask Canadian Immigration Office to transfer my file to my home country which is pakistan then wat are the disadvantages.

Thanks in Advance. May God Bless U All.

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Aayaz,

Is your visit to Pakistan very important? Are you really obliged to go there? Because if not, I would suggest that you wait until you get your nominee certificate first and send all the documents to Buffalo office by yourself. In this way, you will erase all the "what ifs" in your CIC application.

Transferring your application to Islamabad office will lose you a great deal of time, considering that you want this application to be completed soon. According to CIC website, 80% of Provincial Nominee applications in Buffalo takes about 8 months to process compared to 14 months processing time in Islamabad. That is 6 months difference!

Well, it's just an opinion though. At the end of the day, weigh things carefully and decide what is best.
Goodluck!

aayaz said:
Thanks jpadz for the link.

So we can mail the documents to buffalo office. Now i hve another question, im going to my home country in 2 months and will be back after 3 months. if i prepare all the documents required for CIC and ask my trusted uncle to submit these documents to bufflo office along with the nominee certificate when they recieve my nominee certificate. Is it wise thing to do? I want my process to be completed soon. and if i ask Canadian Immigration Office to transfer my file to my home country which is pakistan then wat are the disadvantages.

Thanks in Advance. May God Bless U All.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
Are we getting pre-assessment results via email ? or they are sending letters at home .
Can anyone who already got approved for pre-assessment please let me know as I don't live on the address I have given in app form.

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
When they find you eligible to apply for the AINP which means that the result of the pre-assessment stage is favorable, they will send you the invitation package via mail to your home address. You need to communicate with them to effect the necessary changes.

engg said:
Are we getting pre-assessment results via email ? or they are sending letters at home .
Can anyone who already got approved for pre-assessment please let me know as I don't live on the address I have given in app form.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Well after seeing the recent trends it looks in recent months pre-assessment approval time is around 30 days.Please correct me If I'm wrong.

aayaz

Nov 17, 2008
engg, u r right. I applied on 15th nov. and got the application kit on 14th dec.

engg said:
Well after seeing the recent trends it looks in recent months pre-assessment approval time is around 30 days.Please correct me If I'm wrong.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
@aayaz

I have posted a reply earlier .Can you please check and see if I missed anything.I was quite in a hurry that morning so I had sent the stuff
in a hurry.
I suppose they would sent me an RFE or something.By the way I have BS in comp sci from delhi and MS from US.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
On top of that I didn't want to piss them off after sending followup emails.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
I didn't put the NOC any where and didn't scan the pay stub full .That is my concern.Lets see what happens.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
@aayaz

Why do you want to go to Canada?You can get GC in USA in 1 year or so.A friend of mine from PAK got it in 1 year.I'm from India for me it will take years even in EB2.

aayaz

Nov 17, 2008
engg,

u dont hve to mention the code of ur employment in the form, u just hve to tell them whether ur job falls in that list or not, so dont worry. wat u hve said in ur previous post is wat thay have asked for, so again dont worry. regarding pay stub i dont think there will be any problem.
Im applying for canada as a back up plan. ur pakistani friend must be a lucky guy who got his GC in a yr.
if u r in india then how come u r applying through this category of H1B, do u hve H1B?

Hope it will help. Good Luck

engg said:
@aayaz

I have posted a reply earlier .Can you please check and see if I missed anything.I was quite in a hurry that morning so I had sent the stuff
in a hurry.
I suppose they would sent me an RFE or something.By the way I have BS in comp sci from delhi and MS from US.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
dude aayaz,

I'm in usa on h1b however from india originally came here on f1-->h1 .