+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

vadlamudi

Sep 24, 2008
Hello,

I am new to this forum and I am interested in this program. Is the process easy enough that you can do it yourself or is it better to go through a lawyer?

Thanks,
SV

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
All, yes we definitely need to keep in touch. Probably after we get our PNP nomination, we can start a google group or better still connect through Linkedin. Thereby we get each others contacts.

Yes I did get a file number. But it is just a reference and we cannot do much such as tracking etc.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
vadlamudi said:
Hello,

I am new to this forum and I am interested in this program. Is the process easy enough that you can do it yourself or is it better to go through a lawyer?

Thanks,
SV
You don't need a Lawyer and in fact Lawyers cannot do much beyond what you need/can do. Just call Alberta office at 1-780-427-6419 (if in US) or Toll free from within Alberta 1-877-427-6419. Or you can email them with your occupation and H1B status. They are very prompt and will give you all details.

Good luck.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
chow said:
Thanks nataraj for your information. When did you receive your pre-assessment invitation package?
Thanks
Chow
Chow, Got pre-assessment invitation package two months after I submitted my initial documents. Looks like, it is much faster now (may be 1 month)

chow

Sep 23, 2008
Nataraj,
Thanks for your information. My pre-assessment invitation letter was approved in June and the date mentioned on it is June 27th. But Unfortunately I haven't received it immediately. I received it on Aug6th from my Agent.
Thanks
Chow

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
chow said:
Nataraj,
Thanks for your information. My pre-assessment invitation letter was approved in June and the date mentioned on it is June 27th. But Unfortunately I haven't received it immediately. I received it on Aug6th from my Agent.
Thanks
Chow
Same here. The date on the invitation letter was June 27th for me too. But I received it on July 31st.

C

cchabert

This is for Flori

The PNP is a permanent resident program you can't go to Alberta until you receive your approval, looks it is faster than the CIC process, are already send your info?

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Have a question on Identity Card which is asked in PR Application form (box# 19). Do we really need to provide the SSN number and the photo copy of that ?

vadlamudi

Sep 24, 2008
dnataraj said:
vadlamudi said:
Hello,

Thanks,
SV
You don't need a Lawyer and in fact Lawyers cannot do much beyond what you need/can do. Just call Alberta office at 1-780-427-6419 (if in US) or Toll free from within Alberta 1-877-427-6419. Or you can email them with your occupation and H1B status. They are very prompt and will give you all details.

Good luck.
Hi dnataraj,

Thank you for your response. I have been on bench for 2 months and hence I do not have recent paystub to submit as proof of employment. Are there any other documents I can submit as a proof of employment or will old paystubs work?
SV

maldito

Aug 2, 2008
olusolalekan said:
maildito,

when did you submit the second step of the Alberta PNP. I mean after you got pre-approved, when did you submit the main PNP application? When do you intend to file with CIC? Do you have an FSW with CIC pending? If so, do you intend to withdraw FSW for PNP?

Good luck.

olusolalekan
thanks, olusolalekan! oh btw, i don't have pending FSW.

let me paste the updated flow of my application:

May 29, 2008 - I called Alberta Hotline to inquire about H1B Strategic Recruitment Stream. They instructed me to submit the 1-page form.
May 31- I faxed the 1-page form
June 2 - I received an email from the program officer, saying that I might be eligible to qualify for the program. She asked for copies of my documents (passport, H1B visa, proof of current employment, job description, etc.)
June 3 - I emailed my documents to the program officer.
June 5 - I received an acknowlegment of receipt from the program officer. She said that she will personally deliver my documents to PNP office for assessment
June 25 - I received an email from an immigration officer, requesting me for additional documents that will prove that I am indeed a civil engineer
June 26 - I emailed the letter that was sent by my current employer to USCIS for my visa petition. I also included my official business card.
June 27 - I called the immigration to ask if she received my emailed documents. She said yes and told me that they've sent/mailed the invitation package to me already (whew, that was fast!).
July 5 - I received the invitation package (invitation to apply for provincial nominee).
July 8 - I mailed the accomplished application forms together with all documents that they have requested.
July 31 - I received an email from Alberta PNP, confirming their receipt of my application on July 10, 2008. They also issued me an employee file no.
Sept. 20 - I received my provincial nominee certificate (dated Sept. 5, 2008)
Sept. 24 - I mailed my CIC application (overnight delivery)

maldito

Aug 2, 2008
akk said:
Thanks for helping about the spouse question.

Maldito,

Can you already move and work with the Alberta Provincial Nomination you got? Or you need the CIC?
Did it really take 70 days since the beggining? Which code did you put?

Thanks,

Akk
Nope, not yet. If I want to work there immediately, I need a job offer from an Alberta employer.

To quote what was stated in my letter:

"If you obtain a job offer from an Alberta employer, you may contact the AINP and provide our office with documents that demonstrate that you have a valid job offer from an Alberta employer, related to the occupation of ______________. The AINP may then be able to issue a support letter that you can use for a temporary work permit from CIC."

maldito

Aug 2, 2008
kirang said:
Maldito,

Congratulations. Alberta confirmed the receipt of my AINP application on August 26, 2008 with a file number. I am also a civil engineer and just want to know if you about the civil engineering job market in Alberta. Did you do any research on that. Any information would be helpful. Thanks a lot.

Kirang.
Hmmm, to be honest... I don't know much about the engineering job market in Alberta... I just rely on what I see here on the the net...

maldito

Aug 2, 2008
ingegarcia said:
Very interesting information I found on the news about Alberta H1B program

"......Alberta Employment and Immigration spokeswoman Sorcha McGinnis said of 650 applications they have already received, 65 people have submitted full applications and eight people have already received nominations..."

I guess maldito is one of the 8 lucky ones being nominated using H1B stream :))

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=514874d3-c24e-47eb-b2e3-2dc8a396f0cc
Wow! I'm so glad to have learned about this!