+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
rbay said:
i had a document request for a police certificate on January 19 (Abu Dhabi office), and my background check has been in progress for about a month now. How long should it take to get a DM? How long did everyone have their Background Check in progress for before DM?
My background check CHANGED from "Not needed at this time" to "In Progress" on 12 Jan 2017. I didnt get any document request so far !

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
@Hasan2016: This is a good sign, this means that they are working on your application, usually the Background Check is the last step in the application study. Normally it should take between 4 weeks to couple of months, so you should get a Decision Made or PPR soon. Good luck !

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
sbakhour said:
@Hasan2016: This is a good sign, this means that they are working on your application, usually the Background Check is the last step in the application study. Normally it should take between 4 weeks to couple of months, so you should get a Decision Made or PPR soon. Good luck !
Thanks for your motivation. Hope so some good news will come soon.

Regards

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hello Everyone,

We are confused to apply through which Office, My husband has residence visa for UAE and the company has closed, and Visa cancellation will be done in few weeks, Now we have two option, To hold our visa cancellation and apply through Abu dhabi Office, and the 2nd option is to wind up everything from UAE and settle back to Pakistan and apply through our Home country (Pakistan).Which option is best for us? To apply through Canada office in Abu dhabi or to apply through Canada office in Islamabad. Processing time is same for both offices (12 Months) I am Canadian National and living with my husband since the day of Marriage.

Thanks.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Naina888 said:
Hello Everyone,

We are confused to apply through which Office, My husband has residence visa for UAE and the company has closed, and Visa cancellation will be done in few weeks, Now we have two option, To hold our visa cancellation and apply through Abu dhabi Office, and the 2nd option is to wind up everything from UAE and settle back to Pakistan and apply through our Home country (Pakistan).Which option is best for us? To apply through Canada office in Abu dhabi or to apply through Canada office in Islamabad. Processing time is same for both offices (12 Months) I am Canadian National and living with my husband since the day of Marriage.

Thanks.
FYI - all applications are sent to CIC Missisauga who will decide after reviewing sponsorship eligibility where the applicant application will be sent to. You can request (in the form of a letter than you include with your application) that upon sponsor approval the application be sent to this or that office...but the ultimate decision rests with CIC in Canada. Usually the office they pick is related to the ease of obtaining security and background checks, or overall workload of applications.

Pakistani applicants have had their applications processed in London, Abu Dhabi...perhaps other locations (not sure if they are actually processed in Pakistan but this is a possibility). Even if applications are processed in one location, at various stages, they may allow steps to be completed from other locations (i.e. submission of passport through a 3rd party facilitator in another country)

So the only way to know is to submit your application and wait the 30 - 45 days they say it takes to review sponsor eligibility....to see where your application is sent. Even if it ended up in Pakistan, if you had to go there for an interview and lived in UAE, it's not too far of a journey....I recognize each situation may be different of course.

so....live where it's best for you to live for yourselves....and not based on the application..

C.

C.

Aryan007

Nov 9, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Naina888 said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks.
CIC sends applications to principal applicant's home country/country of nationality mostly. your application will most likely end up at London visa office anyways. So choose a country where you have a good support system to stay. I would opt for Pakistan for sure.

ktaj

Oct 19, 2014
Calgary Alberta
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
January 31st 2017
Doc's Request.
March 14 2017
AOR Received.
March 02,2017
File Transfer...
March 20, 2017
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Hello everyone,

Im sponsoring my Pakistani husband from abu dhabi, he is been there for almost 4 years. Im just confused about his status if it would be worker or other. Please answer my question asap.

BioMed17

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Visa Office......
ADVO
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2018
LANDED..........
14-04-2018
ktaj said:
Hello everyone,

Im sponsoring my Pakistani husband from abu dhabi, he is been there for almost 4 years. Im just confused about his status if it would be worker or other. Please answer my question asap.
If he is in Abu dhabi on work visa, he will consider as a worker.

BioMed17

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Visa Office......
ADVO
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2018
LANDED..........
14-04-2018
Hasan2016 said:
My background check CHANGED from "Not needed at this time" to "In Progress" on 12 Jan 2017. I didnt get any document request so far !
My background checks started on 31 October 2016 and up till now I'm waiting. Mostly they take maximum 5 months for completion of background checks. But still we cannot say anything. May Allah bless all of us.

BioMed17

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Visa Office......
ADVO
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2018
LANDED..........
14-04-2018
Naina888 said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks.
If his company has been closed and he doesn't want to stay in UAE anymore, you should apply from Pakistan.

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
BioMed17 said:
My background checks started on 31 October 2016 and up till now I'm waiting. Mostly they take maximum 5 months for completion of background checks. But still we cannot say anything. May Allah bless all of us.
I wish some updates soon for all

Thanks

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
@Hasan2016: You are luckier than me man ;D , I applied in July and so far my Background check did not start.
Below is my update as of yesterday.

State of Profile: Open
Application admission: in Process
Medicals: Passed
Interview: Not needed at this moment
Background check: not started yet
Decision made: not started yet

I don't know when my background checkup will start and how long this will take. I hope it won't be long.
Anyone is welcome to comment, I just want to know when this background check can start and how long it will take.

Regards,

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
sbakhour said:
@Hasan2016: You are luckier than me man ;D , I applied in July and so far my Background check did not start.
Below is my update as of yesterday.

State of Profile: Open
Application admission: in Process
Medicals: Passed
Interview: Not needed at this moment
Background check: not started yet
Decision made: not started yet

I don't know when my background checkup will start and how long this will take. I hope it won't be long.
Anyone is welcome to comment, I just want to know when this background check can start and how long it will take.

Regards,
What kind of program u applied ? Is it family sponsorship ? and where you submitted your application ?

All the best

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Family sponsorship
My wife is sponsoring me and my child. I am a Lebanese Citizen.
Current country of residency: Muscat, Oman
Applied to Visa Office in Abu Dhabi

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
sbakhour said:
Family sponsorship
My wife is sponsoring me and my child. I am a Lebanese Citizen.
Current country of residency: Muscat, Oman
Applied to Visa Office in Abu Dhabi
Same here , My wife is sponsoring me and she applied in Canada then my file transfer to Abu Dhabi. My Current country of residency: UAE.

All the best

H.M.O