App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Electra said:
Hi,

Any application has submitted from AbuDhabi Office???
We have been married in Dubai and i have issued Marriage Certificate from Dubai Courts with Legal translation attested/stamped by Ministry of Foreign Affairs.. Will "Ministry of Foreign Affairs" and "Ministry of Justice" stamps/tickets are suffice or do we need to notarized the document as well.

Appreciate if anyone who experienced can reply the same.

TIA
We were married in Dubai and all we did was to have the certificate stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) for a fee of 150 AED. Then we had it legally translated by Dunia Translation (near the Pakistan consulate / MOFA area in Bur Dubai). We didn't get it stamped anywhere else. No need to. As long as your marriage is legal in the country where it was performed, Canada recognizes it as a legal marriage. At least this is our experience. We simply had all of our Arabic documents translated by the legal translator who then affixed a copy of the original and stamped the documents in a way that you could see if the document was altered (i.e. one copy replaced by another). This seemed to be sufficient for the ADVO (I even sent them one document and asked if it was fine and they said yes). We didn't then get them notarized in addition to having them legally translated. Maybe we were just lucky, maybe because our documents were in Arabic, they had staff that could actually understand Arabic as well...so less concern...I'm not sure...but honestly, it never made sense to me to have them legally translated and then notarized as well. The only purpose the notarization does is to state that the copy is a true copy....that's it. Unfortunately, the translator doesn't have that wording on his stamp. It didn't seem to matter.

I guess there are concerns with documents being fabricated / forged....and the translator confirmed this....which is sad...makes it bad for the honest folks (and expensive too!)

C.

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
chilkootcee said:
We were married in Dubai and all we did was to have the certificate stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) for a fee of 150 AED. Then we had it legally translated by Dunia Translation (near the Pakistan consulate / MOFA area in Bur Dubai). We didn't get it stamped anywhere else. No need to. As long as your marriage is legal in the country where it was performed, Canada recognizes it as a legal marriage. At least this is our experience. We simply had all of our Arabic documents translated by the legal translator who then affixed a copy of the original and stamped the documents in a way that you could see if the document was altered (i.e. one copy replaced by another). This seemed to be sufficient for the ADVO (I even sent them one document and asked if it was fine and they said yes). We didn't then get them notarized in addition to having them legally translated. Maybe we were just lucky, maybe because our documents were in Arabic, they had staff that could actually understand Arabic as well...so less concern...I'm not sure...but honestly, it never made sense to me to have them legally translated and then notarized as well. The only purpose the notarization does is to state that the copy is a true copy....that's it. Unfortunately, the translator doesn't have that wording on his stamp. It didn't seem to matter.

I guess there are concerns with documents being fabricated / forged....and the translator confirmed this....which is sad...makes it bad for the honest folks (and expensive too!)

C.
Our wedding reception was held in Dubai but all the documents (nikkah nama and marriage certificate) are from pakistan because we invited the qazi who is from the marriage registrar in Pakistan, my question is, do I need to attest the marriage documents from Pakistan and UAE?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Naina888 said:
Our wedding reception was held in Dubai but all the documents (nikkah nama and marriage certificate) are from pakistan because we invited the qazi who is from the marriage registrar in Pakistan, my question is, do I need to attest the marriage documents from Pakistan and UAE?
I'm sorry...I don't know in this situation...but basically you need to be legally married...not sure if because you had the ceremony in Dubai that it needs to be considered legal in Dubai...or because you had someone from Pakistan that it could be considered legal there. Even though the marriage was performed in Dubai, is it legally registered in Pakistan? Then go with attestation from Pakistan embassy / consulate...if you can get UAE mofa to recognize, then that might be bonus...

Perhaps someone with experience from Pakistan can comment on this....

C.

Eng_Mtl

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2017
Nomination.....
SA Email March 19, 2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Naina888 said:
Regarding marriage place and registeration there is no issue but i see an issue of place of application UAE, if you are showing sponsoring spouse living in UAE you have to provide proof of that country registeration. Can you get your wedding register in uae and get all certificate from there ?

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
chilkootcee said:

C.
Thank a lot dear,

I went to Dubai Courts again and they told me my document has already attested with Ministry of Foreign affairs (150 AED )and Ministry of Justice (AED 50) - (Both Original and English) I do not need any affidavit or Notary anymore.

and i got the translation done from Dubai Legal Translation from office in Dubai Courts.. Hope that is suffice now.

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
Naina888 said:
Naina,

My sister in Law got married in Pakistan and the marriage is registered there she applied her case from pakistan. I suggest go to the Pakistani Consulate and ask for attestion and get guidance you your registration. that would be quicker than getting from here.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Electra said:
Thank a lot dear,

I went to Dubai Courts again and they told me my document has already attested with Ministry of Foreign affairs (150 AED )and Ministry of Justice (AED 50) - (Both Original and English) I do not need any affidavit or Notary anymore.

and i got the translation done from Dubai Legal Translation from office in Dubai Courts.. Hope that is suffice now.
I think that should be enough...as it shows it being legally recognized in UAE....but if you are really worried you can get a stamp from Pakistan consulate as others have said...

C.

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
Hi Chilkootcee,

Thank you for your reply. i am having one concern. I hope you will be able to give your opinion.

I have filled my Personal History. There is an option of "Status in Country". Now i have been on My father's Sponsorship under Residence Visa so i have mentioned in all rows as "Other" as we do not have "Residence" option. My question is Should i mention "Residence Visa" in Name of the Company/Employer Row??

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Electra said:
Hi Chilkootcee,

Thank you for your reply. i am having one concern. I hope you will be able to give your opinion.

I have filled my Personal History. There is an option of "Status in Country". Now i have been on My father's Sponsorship under Residence Visa so i have mentioned in all rows as "Other" as we do not have "Residence" option. My question is Should i mention "Residence Visa" in Name of the Company/Employer Row??
Can you list the specific form and question number?

C.

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hi Chilkootcee,

For the form IMM5562 travel imfotmation i came to dubai in jan2016 and returned canada january2016 then i came to dubai in april2016 and have been here since then however i have to do visa run so i exit uae every 40days to oman by road and enter uae same day. So in the form do i have to write dubai to oman 45minutes and oman to dubai for 40days or how should i fill it? This form is so confusing :-[ please reply. Thank you

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Naina888 said:
Hi Chilkootcee,

For the form IMM5562 travel imfotmation i came to dubai in jan2016 and returned canada january2016 then i came to dubai in april2016 and have been here since then however i have to do visa run so i exit uae every 40days to oman by road and enter uae same day. So in the form do i have to write dubai to oman 45minutes and oman to dubai for 40days or how should i fill it? This form is so confusing :-[ please reply. Thank you
I put everything on a spreadsheet - and referenced "please see attached". you can explain the visa run. I had to do the same....you have technically visited Oman even if for 45 min....best to have your passport stamps match your travel history :)

C.

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
chilkootcee said:
I put everything on a spreadsheet - and referenced "please see attached". you can explain the visa run. I had to do the same....you have technically visited Oman even if for 45 min....best to have your passport stamps match your travel history :)

C.
Great, thank you so much!

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hi, I myself am a Canadian citizen and applying for spousal visa so for spouse visa do I have to submit passport-size photograph for principal applicant only or for sponsor as well?

Please kindly respond :)

rbay

Oct 5, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Doc's Request.
19-01-2017 (Police Certificate)
AOR Received.
29-10-2016
File Transfer...
18-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-01-2017
i had a document request for a police certificate on January 19 (Abu Dhabi office), and my background check has been in progress for about a month now. How long should it take to get a DM? How long did everyone have their Background Check in progress for before DM?

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
sbakhour said:
Hello Everyone,

I tried to link my application with myCIC portal and it doesn't seem to work. I tried 5 times which was the limit of trials per day. The site asked me to try again after 24 hours due to security reasons.
Although, I am sure that I am entering all the details correctly as per the submitted application, but the message I am receiving is that the application may not be on the system yet or the details are not correct !
This is confusing me a little because I applied on mid July 2016 and the application is definitely on the system because I can check the status through ECAS which is "In Process".
It is highly appreciated if someone can help with a tip from past experience with linking application to myCIC as I am going to try again tonight (in few hours). Thank you in advance ::)

~sbakhour
randomly signed in after a very long time. i was an old user of this site. came across your post. did you end up getting it linked?