+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I tried to link my application with myCIC portal and it doesn't seem to work. I tried 5 times which was the limit of trials per day. The site asked me to try again after 24 hours due to security reasons.
Although, I am sure that I am entering all the details correctly as per the submitted application, but the message I am receiving is that the application may not be on the system yet or the details are not correct !
This is confusing me a little because I applied on mid July 2016 and the application is definitely on the system because I can check the status through ECAS which is "In Process".
It is highly appreciated if someone can help with a tip from past experience with linking application to myCIC as I am going to try again tonight (in few hours). Thank you in advance ::)

~sbakhour

Adam sakr

Feb 4, 2017
Salaam.

You didn't need to go through a private party to order your GCMS notes...if your spouse is in Canada, he / she can order them directly from the government for free or $5. To be honest, I do not advocate using a consultant / business to order GCMS notes. Anyways, you've ordered them now and hopefully they will come through for you.
At this point I think you will have to just be patient and wait.

thank you so much brother for your reply,

my sponsor had sent an email to case specific enquirers and it was the first email to send to check for new update but as per the first email we have receive it from CIC mention that my sponsor she is not representative to send or ask for any information regarding my application and they said if you can follow the policy to let here be representative but i did not and since this time i'm the one who send and receive any emails.

and i do not know that i went to using a consultant really :) . I just went online and read and follow whats there till I had done it :)

I will wait and see during this time whats going on.

thank you so much habibi. :) Salam.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Adam sakr said:
Salaam.

You didn't need to go through a private party to order your GCMS notes...if your spouse is in Canada, he / she can order them directly from the government for free or $5. To be honest, I do not advocate using a consultant / business to order GCMS notes. Anyways, you've ordered them now and hopefully they will come through for you.
At this point I think you will have to just be patient and wait.

thank you so much brother for your reply,

my sponsor had sent an email to case specific enquirers and it was the first email to send to check for new update but as per the first email we have receive it from CIC mention that my sponsor she is not representative to send or ask for any information regarding my application and they said if you can follow the policy to let here be representative but i did not and since this time i'm the one who send and receive any emails.

and i do not know that i went to using a consultant really :) . I just went online and read and follow whats there till I had done it :)

I will wait and see during this time whats going on.

thank you so much habibi. :) Salam.
I'm sure everything will work out....yes...CIC is being very confusing asking us to designate our spouses as representatives....there are different forms....just be sure you didn't designate the consultant you hired to get GCMS notes to be your representative as they will receive all of your information going forward. It's difficult to explain via this forum not knowing how you conducted the transactions but I'm sure it will work out - insha'allah.

C.

Adam sakr

Feb 4, 2017
I'm sure everything will work out....yes...CIC is being very confusing asking us to designate our spouses as representatives....there are different forms....just be sure you didn't designate the consultant you hired to get GCMS notes to be your representative as they will receive all of your information going forward. It's difficult to explain via this forum not knowing how you conducted the transactions but I'm sure it will work out - insha'allah.

thanks a lot my dear
I do not think so that I had did GCMS will be representative for my application. as I had done read only request for stander file notes for my application. even the email I have receive it said that i will receive file notes only & the form which I had send it back it said requesting for stander file notes. nothing was there for representative option.

I hope brother everything will be ok. long wait really and I do not know why.

but I have question please. next 16/02/2017. after 3 days I will finished 19 month since I had apply. do you think I can send case specific enquiries mention that I had apply since more than 19 month and my application still in process and asking for new update ? or is better to wait for GCMS notes ?

thanks a lot habibi :) salaam

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Adam sakr said:

thanks a lot my dear
I do not think so that I had did GCMS will be representative for my application. as I had done read only request for stander file notes for my application. even the email I have receive it said that i will receive file notes only & the form which I had send it back it said requesting for stander file notes. nothing was there for representative option.

I hope brother everything will be ok. long wait really and I do not know why.

but I have question please. next 16/02/2017. after 3 days I will finished 19 month since I had apply. do you think I can send case specific enquiries mention that I had apply since more than 19 month and my application still in process and asking for new update ? or is better to wait for GCMS notes ?

thanks a lot habibi :) salaam
It's up to you...I would wait til receiving the file notes

C.

C.

Adam sakr

Feb 4, 2017
It's up to you...I would wait til receiving the file notes

thanks a lot habibi. INSA ALLAH I will wait till I will receive GCMS notes.
Salam :)

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
Hello Everyone
I haven't been active at this site for a while as the processing time is very looooong :'(

Yesterday i received an email from the embassy and they are requesting an FBI clearance certificate, this is kind of weird because my wife have not lived in the US before but she was a visitor for 2 months and our son was born in the US.

Today we have just received a new request to do the medicals again since her old medicals have expired on Oct 10, 2016.

It looks like they are working on the application finally.

Just wanted to update you guys with our timeline.

good luck to everyone who is waiting for their application.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
mohammedessam said:
Hello Everyone
I haven't been active at this site for a while as the processing time is very looooong :'(

Yesterday i received an email from the embassy and they are requesting an FBI clearance certificate, this is kind of weird because my wife have not lived in the US before but she was a visitor for 2 months and our son was born in the US.

Today we have just received a new request to do the medicals again since her old medicals have expired on Oct 10, 2016.

It looks like they are working on the application finally.

Just wanted to update you guys with our timeline.

good luck to everyone who is waiting for their application.
Good news! Hopefully things keep moving....and you hear good news...

C.

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Hi,
My background checks are in progress since Jan 12, 2017. Do you guys have any idea how much time they usually take to complete background checks..?

What is the next ! ?

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
Hi,

Any application has submitted from AbuDhabi Office???
We have been married in Dubai and i have issued Marriage Certificate from Dubai Courts with Legal translation attested/stamped by Ministry of Foreign Affairs.. Will "Ministry of Foreign Affairs" and "Ministry of Justice" stamps/tickets are suffice or do we need to notarized the document as well.

Appreciate if anyone who experienced can reply the same.

TIA

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hi,
Is it possible to get my nikkah, which is in urdu, translated to English from dubai courts?

Please kindly reply.

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
Naina888 said:
Hi,
Is it possible to get my nikkah, which is in urdu, translated to English from dubai courts?

Please kindly reply.
You need to get it translated and then attestation. But if nikkah is held in Pakistan i am sure this must has been registered there. You need to get it translation from pak then.

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
or check pakistani counsulate what do they suggest...

Chawais

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
File Transfer...
05-09-2016
I think i also got my marriage certificate attested from canadian consulate so make sure you guys do that too.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Electra said:
Hi,

Any application has submitted from AbuDhabi Office???
We have been married in Dubai and i have issued Marriage Certificate from Dubai Courts with Legal translation attested/stamped by Ministry of Foreign Affairs.. Will "Ministry of Foreign Affairs" and "Ministry of Justice" stamps/tickets are suffice or do we need to notarized the document as well.

Appreciate if anyone who experienced can reply the same.

TIA
We were married in Dubai and all we did was to have the certificate stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) for a fee of 150 AED. Then we had it legally translated by Dunia Translation (near the Pakistan consulate / MOFA area in Bur Dubai). We didn't get it stamped anywhere else. No need to. As long as your marriage is legal in the country where it was performed, Canada recognizes it as a legal marriage. At least this is our experience. We simply had all of our Arabic documents translated by the legal translator who then affixed a copy of the original and stamped the documents in a way that you could see if the document was altered (i.e. one copy replaced by another). This seemed to be sufficient for the ADVO (I even sent them one document and asked if it was fine and they said yes). We didn't then get them notarized in addition to having them legally translated. Maybe we were just lucky, maybe because our documents were in Arabic, they had staff that could actually understand Arabic as well...so less concern...I'm not sure...but honestly, it never made sense to me to have them legally translated and then notarized as well. The only purpose the notarization does is to state that the copy is a true copy....that's it. Unfortunately, the translator doesn't have that wording on his stamp. It didn't seem to matter.

I guess there are concerns with documents being fabricated / forged....and the translator confirmed this....which is sad...makes it bad for the honest folks (and expensive too!)

C.