Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Naina888 said:
I do have them, just have to go through long old convos :D Thank you though!!
I had 800+ (yes) pages of whatsapp chat...so I organized them by month / year and created a table of contents...then picked out about 10 pages total and included the table of contents showing there were more if they wanted them

I think the new application package now restricts the amount of material that can be submitted (a good thing)...but the above strategy should still work.

Take care,

c.

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
My background check is changed from Not needed at this time to In Progress since 12th Jan 2017!
Whats next pls advise !

Thanks
Hasan

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hasan2016 said:
My background check is changed from Not needed at this time to In Progress since 12th Jan 2017!
Whats next pls advise !

Thanks
Hasan
This is a good sign. Did you see this on your myCIC or on GCMS notes? You will just have to wait for any document requests or PPR :) Unfortunately, the timeframe cannot be predicted as it depends on your nationality, how long you've been where you are and your travel history. Each case is unique and some take longer (or shorter) than others.

Wishing you best of luck.

C.

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
chilkootcee said:
This is a good sign. Did you see this on your myCIC or on GCMS notes? You will just have to wait for any document requests or PPR :) Unfortunately, the timeframe cannot be predicted as it depends on your nationality, how long you've been where you are and your travel history. Each case is unique and some take longer (or shorter) than others.

Wishing you best of luck.

C.
I hope so. I saw it on MyCIC.
I have been in Islambad, Pakistan for 2 Years and 7 Months for Studying purpose. And since Sept 2015 till now working in UAE. This is all my travel history.

Wish good news soon !

BioMed17

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Visa Office......
ADVO
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2018
LANDED..........
14-04-2018
Hi,
My background checks are in progress since October 31, 2016. Do you guys have any idea how much time they usually take to complete background checks..?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016

Adam sakr

Feb 4, 2017
Hi chilkootcee,

my background check in progress since nov 15 , I had done the interview nov 10 & payed the right of resident permanent fees & police certificate and some other documents (deceleration back ground form & travel form ) the last response from CIC was on jan 18 , they just said that we have received your documents.

Can you please help me to know how long they will take to get A decision made

what's the next?

I had apply since almost 19 month. :'( :'(

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on July 16, 2015.
We started processing your application on October 5, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Adam sakr said:
Hi chilkootcee,

my background check in progress since nov 15 , I had done the interview nov 10 & payed the right of resident permanent fees & police certificate and some other documents (deceleration back ground form & travel form ) the last response from CIC was on jan 18 , they just said that we have received your documents.

Can you please help me to know how long they will take to get A decision made

what's the next?

I had apply since almost 19 month. :'( :'(

Permanent Residence
Unfortunately I have no idea...but hang in there it is coming....did you send a case specific enquiry? When do your medicals expire? You could also make a request for information on why things are delayed to your MP in Canada. I would also order GCMS notes now if you haven't done so.

C.

Adam sakr

Feb 4, 2017
Unfortunately I have no idea...but hang in there it is coming....did you send a case specific enquiry? When do your medicals expire? You could also make a request for information on why things are delayed to your MP in Canada. I would also order GCMS notes now if you haven't done so.

thank you so much for your response ):

Yes I had send specific enquiry on Jan 31, till now there's no reply. regarding the medical is done since one year and 3 month . i'm sure that my medicals already expired. but I do not know if they need me to redo the medicals or not.

what happened before the interview they sent me an email regarding the interview and they asked me for more approve documents even we have a daughter which having the Canadian passport and our married since 2 years already . I had done the interview nicely and i give the officer a lot of documents which is already sent it before during when we was applying. at the end of the interview she told me if your application will get approve you have to send us your Egyptian police certificate. the interview was so good and the officer was so good really, after 5 days they called me and said that my application seems OK and i have to pay the resident permanent fees and the Egyptian police certificate and already done. all this happened on Nov. 2016.during the interview the officer hold my passport for one week for security check then they called me and send my passport back, the officer did not talk or asked me regarding if i'm gonna redo the medicals or not, all Dec nothing. later on Jan 2017 they asked me to send the IMM5669-Schedule A Background/Declaration Form & travel form, I had done already then they send me an email said that they have received my documents on Jan 18.

all i'm trying to do just to let you know about my application to let you know if is it seems really ok ? or they will ask me to redo the medicals or they will send me passport request or what ? :)

all my situation is so clear .all my documents OK but i do not know why they taking long time with me.

thanks a lot :) :)

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Adam sakr said:

thank you so much for your response ):

Yes I had send specific enquiry on Jan 31, till now there's no reply. regarding the medical is done since one year and 3 month . i'm sure that my medicals already expired. but I do not know if they need me to redo the medicals or not.

what happened before the interview they sent me an email regarding the interview and they asked me for more approve documents even we have a daughter which having the Canadian passport and our married since 2 years already . I had done the interview nicely and i give the officer a lot of documents which is already sent it before during when we was applying. at the end of the interview she told me if your application will get approve you have to send us your Egyptian police certificate. the interview was so good and the officer was so good really, after 5 days they called me and said that my application seems OK and i have to pay the resident permanent fees and the Egyptian police certificate and already done. all this happened on Nov. 2016.during the interview the officer hold my passport for one week for security check then they called me and send my passport back, the officer did not talk or asked me regarding if i'm gonna redo the medicals or not, all Dec nothing. later on Jan 2017 they asked me to send the IMM5669-Schedule A Background/Declaration Form & travel form, I had done already then they send me an email said that they have received my documents on Jan 18.

all i'm trying to do just to let you know about my application to let you know if is it seems really ok ? or they will ask me to redo the medicals or they will send me passport request or what ? :)

all my situation is so clear .all my documents OK but i do not know why they taking long time with me.

thanks a lot :) :)
ADVO never responds to case specific enquiries - the only way to know if they've received them is if they log them in GCMS - but even in our case the GCMS notes did not mention many of our CSE's....but it doesn't hurt to send an inquiry

I forgot (maybe because it might be obvious) - what does your myCIC or ECAS say?

I would order GCMS notes right away...at least that will show you what is on your file...

At the same time, I would send an email to your MP asking what the delay is....You are past the normal processing times for ADVO so they will have to look into your situation. They may not get back to you with useful information, but it will likely "prodd" the visa office in doing something.

Hope this helps.

C.

Adam sakr

Feb 4, 2017
ADVO never responds to case specific enquiries - the only way to know if they've received them is if they log them in GCMS - but even in our case the GCMS notes did not mention many of our CSE's....but it doesn't hurt to send an inquiry
I forgot (maybe because it might be obvious) - what does your myCIC or ECAS say?
I would order GCMS notes right away...at least that will show you what is on your file...
At the same time, I would send an email to your MP asking what the delay is....You are past the normal processing times for ADVO so they will have to look into your situation. They may not get back to you with useful information, but it will likely "prodd" the visa office in doing something.
Hope this helps.

thanks a lot really.

the first question was the first post for me in this forum. so I do not know what is mean (GCMS) forgive me if it is stupid question :)
I'm so sorry I do not have any experience regarding this

Applicant Permanent Residence Application Status, In Process
We sent you correspondence on November 2, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you correspondence on November 15, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

IN
PROCESS
(A decision has not been made yet.)
Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

WITHDRAWN
(An application can only be withdrawn when it is IN PROCESS.)
Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the Visa has been issued. There are no refunds after processing has started.

DECISION
MADE
(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

COMPLETE
(This is the last step in the processing of your application.)
Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted
Permanent Residence
You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

this is all i can see regarding my application and I do not know other way to know more but i can see that there's online account to know more but i'm trying to have account but I can not. or maybe i do not know how.

even this part of your answer i do not know what's mean or how to do it

what does your myCIC or ECAS say?

I would order GCMS notes right away...at least that will show you what is on your file

if you can help and explain to me more how i can check more information regarding my application.

thanks a lot really for your answer and your time
i'm sending to you only because i had read much posts here and i can see that you help everyone. and you have enough experience.

thanks again. :)

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Adam sakr said:
the first question was the first post for me in this forum. so I do not know what is mean (GCMS) forgive me if it is stupid question :)
I'm so sorry I do not have any experience regarding this

thanks a lot really for your answer and your time
i'm sending to you only because i had read much posts here and i can see that you help everyone. and you have enough experience.

thanks again. :)
GCMS - Global Case Management System - it is the database where the information regarding your file is kept and where the officers make their notes and record their decisions and usually the reasons for their decisions. They are usually ordered through an ATIP (Access to Information / Privacy) request. If the sponsor is in Canada, they can order them on your behalf but you will need to fill in a form giving them permission to have information on your file. There are numerous threads on ordering GCMS notes and interpreting them in this forum. Do this right away because it takes 30 days to receive them.

I would also send an inquiry to your MP (member of parliament) asking why your myCIC has not been updated (you already had the interview correct?) and were asked to pay the RPRF. And as well ask what the status of your application is because it is past the normal processing time date for PR applications outside of Canada..

Check this website http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp and fill in the information to confirm...take a screen shot showing the normal processing time for your country

....hopefully this helps! If you check below my signature there is an page that defines acronyms and talks about GCMS notes...

C.

Adam sakr

Feb 4, 2017
GCMS - Global Case Management System - it is the database where the information regarding your file is kept and where the officers make their notes and record their decisions and usually the reasons for their decisions. They are usually ordered through an ATIP (Access to Information / Privacy) request. If the sponsor is in Canada, they can order them on your behalf but you will need to fill in a form giving them permission to have information on your file. There are numerous threads on ordering GCMS notes and interpreting them in this forum. Do this right away because it takes 30 days to receive them.

I would also send an inquiry to your MP (member of parliament) asking why your myCIC has not been updated (you already had the interview correct?) and were asked to pay the RPRF. And as well ask what the status of your application is because it is past the normal processing time date for PR applications outside of Canada..
....hopefully this helps! If you check below my signature there is an page that defines acronyms and talks about GCMS notes...

thank you so much brother for what you doing.

GCMS, I had done read a lot about it. I went yesterday to GCMS (visafile) I had payed 25$ for the stander notes then I have an option to give them my personal information, then they send me an email with attached form need my Signature. I had signed the form and send it back by email after 5 mints I have received an email.

you can see the email now.

GCMS request submitted
You have completed all mandatory steps to request your file

You will receive your GCMS file by email to the address you used to send us the consent form.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask by replying to this email. Please note that we may not respond to all inquiries about estimated processing time of your particular request while it is still within the normal processing timeframe.
For processing times please carefully read the information below.
Average processing time is 34 days

In some cases it may take more time to receive a GCMS file

Please note that processing time is not guaranteed, as visafile.info has no conrol over it.
We process majority of GCMS orders within 24 hours upon receiving a consent form, and send out received GCMS files on the same day we receive them from the processing office.
More information

this is what I had done after reading your answer. this right ?

I'm Egyptian, but i'm living in Dubai maybe 8 years even we got married in Dubai. we was applying from inside Canada then later on after first response my application transfer here to Abu Dhabi office, I'm telling you this just to know how I can check the processing time for my application, I had check it most of the time and it is showing 15 month when i choose UAE. I think this is the right way to check the processing time because i did not apply from Egypt and my application already here in UAE, but I do not know 15 month including all the time since I had apply or just for processing time in Abu Dhabi visa office? even I had done more than this time. after 6 days 19 month will be done since I had apply.

this is regarding the processing time.

I would also send an inquiry to your MP (member of parliament) asking why your myCIC has not been updated. how I can do that ?

you think what I had done is fine or I need to do something else ? do not forget brother they was contact with me on 09/01/2017 when they asked me to resend the IMM5669-Schedule A Background/Declaration Form & travel form then they send me back on 18/01/2017 till me that they have received my documents. I mean they already working on my application right or what you think ?

you think after the interview and PR fees and all this documents. (Egyptian police certificate ,IMM5669-Schedule A Background/Declaration Form& travel form) they still need me to redo the medical or almost fine i do not know ?

please advise me my wife gonna be crazy and me too because of waiting :)

thanks a lot for all what you doing for me :)

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Adam sakr said:

thank you so much brother for what you doing.

GCMS, I had done read a lot about it. I went yesterday to GCMS (visafile) I had payed 25$ for the stander notes then I have an option to give them my personal information, then they send me an email with attached form need my Signature. I had signed the form and send it back by email after 5 mints I have received an email.

you can see the email now.

GCMS request submitted
You have completed all mandatory steps to request your file

You will receive your GCMS file by email to the address you used to send us the consent form.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask by replying to this email. Please note that we may not respond to all inquiries about estimated processing time of your particular request while it is still within the normal processing timeframe.
For processing times please carefully read the information below.
Average processing time is 34 days

In some cases it may take more time to receive a GCMS file

Please note that processing time is not guaranteed, as visafile.info has no conrol over it.
We process majority of GCMS orders within 24 hours upon receiving a consent form, and send out received GCMS files on the same day we receive them from the processing office.
More information

this is what I had done after reading your answer. this right ?

I'm Egyptian, but i'm living in Dubai maybe 8 years even we got married in Dubai. we was applying from inside Canada then later on after first response my application transfer here to Abu Dhabi office, I'm telling you this just to know how I can check the processing time for my application, I had check it most of the time and it is showing 15 month when i choose UAE. I think this is the right way to check the processing time because i did not apply from Egypt and my application already here in UAE, but I do not know 15 month including all the time since I had apply or just for processing time in Abu Dhabi visa office? even I had done more than this time. after 6 days 19 month will be done since I had apply.

this is regarding the processing time.

I would also send an inquiry to your MP (member of parliament) asking why your myCIC has not been updated. how I can do that ?

you think what I had done is fine or I need to do something else ? do not forget brother they was contact with me on 09/01/2017 when they asked me to resend the IMM5669-Schedule A Background/Declaration Form & travel form then they send me back on 18/01/2017 till me that they have received my documents. I mean they already working on my application right or what you think ?

you think after the interview and PR fees and all this documents. (Egyptian police certificate ,IMM5669-Schedule A Background/Declaration Form& travel form) they still need me to redo the medical or almost fine i do not know ?

please advise me my wife gonna be crazy and me too because of waiting :)

thanks a lot for all what you doing for me :)
Salaam.

You didn't need to go through a private party to order your GCMS notes...if your spouse is in Canada, he / she can order them directly from the government for free or $5. To be honest, I do not advocate using a consultant / business to order GCMS notes. Anyways, you've ordered them now and hopefully they will come through for you.

At this point I think you will have to just be patient and wait.

C.