+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ran.nanua1

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Hey guys, hopefully you would help me out with that. I recently got my PR and wanted to sponsor my gf under spousal sponsorship being as wife. Is that possible to go for a vacation for a whole month after applying her file. Let me know if there would be any issue and why? Let me know experts!!! And yeah this would be an inland application bcz she's already here on work permit

Top-notch

Feb 11, 2020
Hi Guys,

I am a PR and recently got married in my home country. I will soon sponsor my wife under spousal sponsorship (outland process) and plan to get her to Canada on a visitor visa as well. Should I first apply for her visitor visa and then start her outland process ? or is it vice-versa? Please let me know. Thanks

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hi Guys,

I am a PR and recently got married in my home country. I will soon sponsor my wife under spousal sponsorship (outland process) and plan to get her to Canada on a visitor visa as well. Should I first apply for her visitor visa and then start her outland process ? or is it vice-versa? Please let me know. Thanks
It makes absolutely NO difference apply now or after. As soon as they see your wife has Canadian husband, they treat it like dual intent.

Top-notch

Feb 11, 2020
It makes absolutely NO difference apply now or after. As soon as they see your wife has Canadian husband, they treat it like dual intent.

Thank you Phalos, Yes they would treat it like dual intent. So will they approve her visitor visa considering that they already know that an outland process would follow. Coz a visitor visa applicant promises to return back to the home country.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Thank you Phalos, Yes they would treat it like dual intent. So will they approve her visitor visa considering that they already know that an outland process would follow. Coz a visitor visa applicant promises to return back to the home country.
They think ALL of us want to overstay in Canada. Its on YOU to prove OTHERWISE. There are many kinds of proofs you must provide.
Make sure write COVID-19 as reason for travel.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Got that. thanks!
They won't beleive nothing only a very few %age got TRV after application for pmt residence. I remember 1 wife was allowed since she had to do a Phd in Canada, other =she had a pmt job back home which she still had to resign

deepak vemula

Oct 17, 2020
Hi all,
I need your expertise in following questions

I have recently applied PR under outland spousal sponsorship to my wife. And due to delayed processing times I'm also looking into other options now

1. Can I apply study permit for her? If she moves here to Canada under study permit will have to withdraw my application and reapply as inland?

2. My wife is also eligible under express entry. so can I in parallel apply PR under express entry ?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi all,

I have recently applied PR under outland spousal sponsorship to my wife. And due to delayed processing times I'm also looking into other options now

1. Can I apply study permit for her? If she moves here to Canada under study permit will have to withdraw my application and reapply as inland?

2. My wife is also eligible under express entry. so can I in parallel apply PR under express entry ?
If U R married they will suspect she is coming to stay here permanently. No matter how honest we are they suspect. And we can't blame IRCC for that as many have misused the system in the past. So may try 2.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all,

You can apply study permit, but I'd discourage doing so just to arrive early. You will still have to explain the course of study and they will evaluate on that basis. It may not work. You would not have to switch to inland.

Yes you can apply express entry I believe. No guarantee it will be faster. You may want to check in the express entry forum. I believe fees would be lost on one of the apps.

Have you considered just applying for a TRV?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You can apply study permit, but I'd discourage doing so just to arrive early. You will still have to explain the course of study and they will evaluate on that basis. It may not work. You would not have to switch to inland.

Yes you can apply express entry I believe. No guarantee it will be faster. You may want to check in the express entry forum. I believe fees would be lost on one of the apps.

Have you considered just applying for a TRV?
One note, many fields of study and institutions right now are doing only online. My understanding is that they will not issue a visa for study if all online.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
everyone, hope you are all well and healthy.

We applied for my Outland - PR Jan 2020, and got DM in Dec 2020 where they requested copy of new passport, picture and a return envelope sent to London UK (i live in Denmark with my family and my wife is a Canadian citizen.)

Now we are as far as i can see close to pulling the trigger and we are getting excited. But i cant figure out what happens next, do i get an email, or will that return envolope all of a sudden just dump through the mailbox or what will happen next.

And can anyone in covid times take wild guess as to when something will happen?

I believe you get your passport back with a Confirmation of Permanent Residence and then, yes, you are good to go. Well, you need that negative COVID test, of course, to get to Canada to activate your permanent residency.

I have to say, if it were me, I’d rather be in Denmark - if only I spoke Danish!

Congratulations.