+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

bilalali

Feb 28, 2020
"Becoming religious" to try to look more genuine would also seem to indicate a fraud marriage.

She should stay as long as possible.

Whether she changes her name is up to her.

You must be in Canada to qualify for the OWP.

Don't know what you mean about the age.
So you're saying that she should stay non-religious but we should have a Pakistani wedding? What's the minimum time she should spend here? And what other things do you suggest to make it more strong? What things you suggest us to do? And she is going to be the one to submit all papers for us, mine and hers, right? Thanks for being so helpful

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So you're saying that she should stay non-religious but we should have a Pakistani wedding? What's the minimum time she should spend here? And what other things do you suggest to make it more strong? What things you suggest us to do? And she is going to be the one to submit all papers for us, mine and hers, right? Thanks for being so helpful
Again, "turning religious" just for the marriage is fake. There is no minimum time. Read the guide and checklist to see what you need.

Reactions: Belarusian

Oceanic

Sep 9, 2011
Currently, I have PR status in Canada. I am planning to marry a girl in India as per hindu traditions as we both are hindu. My marriage is planned in month of April any my stay there is for 15 days .The procedure of court marriage and also wedding functions will be done. I am planning for Candian spousal program for my wife.
My question was that : Is my Stay in India which is too short a concern for canadian spousal program?

doswel

Dec 23, 2018
Hi,

we're finally getting to the last steps before sending in our application, and have a few smaller and a bigger question;

1) My wife (Principal applicant has been living with me (sponsor) as a visitor since October. We will apply outland as because of the nature of my work we are not always physically living together, but are wondering whether we should state that she is currently living in Canada or not? Are there pros / cons? Later on in the application, should we state our current address in Canada?

2) In form IMM 008 for our dependant child do we put down my wife's UCI or leave it blank? (Page 3, Question 3) My daughter doesn't have a UCI as she is a minor.

3) My wife and our daughter have a mild case of a controlled genetic disorder (Marfan). Is that considered a serious disease?

Thanks!

Mickey9

Feb 9, 2020
Thanks man I just found it thanks for your help

please I don’t mean to bug you more but please do I have to pay biometric fee because I did biometric for my study permit and they said it was valid for 10 years

And please is the fee receipt downloadable after paying because I don’t have a printer readily available

and please I have been searching of the link where applicants were told how to arrange their forms but I haven’t been able to locate that is if we can use paper clips or how to seperate the forms and pictures and documents . Thanks as I await your helpful reposnse.
they will send copy of receipt your email, even after your payment has finished you are able to download it because it will display on the web.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi,

we're finally getting to the last steps before sending in our application, and have a few smaller and a bigger question;

1) My wife (Principal applicant has been living with me (sponsor) as a visitor since October. We will apply outland as because of the nature of my work we are not always physically living together, but are wondering whether we should state that she is currently living in Canada or not? Are there pros / cons? Later on in the application, should we state our current address in Canada?

2) In form IMM 008 for our dependant child do we put down my wife's UCI or leave it blank? (Page 3, Question 3) My daughter doesn't have a UCI as she is a minor.

3) My wife and our daughter have a mild case of a controlled genetic disorder (Marfan). Is that considered a serious disease?

Thanks!
1. You can still apply inland, will have to explain about not being able to always live together because of your work. If you decide to apply out-land, then you will of course have to mention (where asked on the form(s)) current Canada as her current country of residence, last entry in Canada, dates, and number of her visa/visitor record. Saying otherwise will be misrepresantion (Being charged with misrepresentation is big Con= application will be rejected with a ban to enter Canada). So yes, you will have to give the actual address she lives in (Canada). On the checklist you will select I am currently living in Canada and I am applying under the Family Class.

2. If your child entered Canada on a visa with their own passport, then the child has their own UCI.

3. I am not sure if being medically inadmissible because of excessive demand on health or social services applies to spouses/dependent children. MFS is not a condition that can be seen as a 'danger to others' so I wouldn't think it might be an issue.

Nikefasesin

Mar 1, 2020
Hello Forum members. I need clarification on this issue. In an instance were by an application for spousal sponsorship receipt was just acknowledged 27th February 2019, biometrics done 10th of December 2019. Still awaiting results for biometrics and it's like waiting forever. Can you shed more light on when to expect the biometrics result?

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
Hello Forum members. I need clarification on this issue. In an instance were by an application for spousal sponsorship receipt was just acknowledged 27th February 2019, biometrics done 10th of December 2019. Still awaiting results for biometrics and it's like waiting forever. Can you shed more light on when to expect the biometrics result?
Biometrics show up right after you got your fingerprints and photo taken on your CGKEY/ your online account

doswel

Dec 23, 2018
1. You can still apply inland, will have to explain about not being able to always live together because of your work. If you decide to apply out-land, then you will of course have to mention (where asked on the form(s)) current Canada as her current country of residence, last entry in Canada, dates, and number of her visa/visitor record. Saying otherwise will be misrepresantion (Being charged with misrepresentation is big Con= application will be rejected with a ban to enter Canada). So yes, you will have to give the actual address she lives in (Canada). On the checklist you will select I am currently living in Canada and I am applying under the Family Class.

2. If your child entered Canada on a visa with their own passport, then the child has their own UCI.

3. I am not sure if being medically inadmissible because of excessive demand on health or social services applies to spouses/dependent children. MFS is not a condition that can be seen as a 'danger to others' so I wouldn't think it might be an issue.
Thank you Eveslm,

We did find information on the Immigration Canada Website stating that sponsored spouses / children cannot be inadmissible because of health issues, and Marfan is definitely not a huge burden on the health care system, especially with the mild case my wife has and the employer insurance policy that I have. So we're not really worried, but we want to know whether to put it on the forms. I might just put it down or call IRCC tomorrow morning.

And my daughter never got her own visitor record or UCI, so I will have that space blank.

Thanks again!

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thank you Eveslm,

We did find information on the Immigration Canada Website stating that sponsored spouses / children cannot be inadmissible because of health issues, and Marfan is definitely not a huge burden on the health care system, especially with the mild case my wife has and the employer insurance policy that I have. So we're not really worried, but we want to know whether to put it on the forms. I might just put it down or call IRCC tomorrow morning.

And my daughter never got her own visitor record or UCI, so I will have that space blank.

Thanks again!
Yes. If the child didn't receive their own visa/visitor record then it should be blank. And yes MFS is not a serious condition. You can decide to mention it or not. My child has a very mild physical disability as well, she is very mobile and has no complications. We decided to mention it and explain that it is not serious; I just did not want any complications by withholding information, and thought that perhaps if I don't mention anything, and during the medical school the panel physician finds puts it as a serious condition then it may create unwanted complications. So I answered no to the questions, and the explanation box I gave an explanation of her condition, and we passed medicals.

Reactions: doswel

AlfredD88

Feb 23, 2020
Hey guys, I hope I'm not overthinking this. For evidence of our relationship, it asks for 10 pages maximum of social media conversations, emails, texts, etc. I have compiled a word document where every page is a clean screenshot of my facebook messenger messages between my wife and I. I've included messages across a vast amount of time, several for each year we've been messaging each other for.

I guess my question is, do they care too much about format or what sort of information should be included? Would 10 pages of messages from varying times in our relationship suffice? If I include messages where we sent photos of each other (non-explicit of course) OK? ..or are they looking for word exchanges only?

Do the chat messages have to be anything of significance, or can it just be the usual lovely-dovey banter between us?

Really appreciate the help folks, thank you.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hey guys, I hope I'm not overthinking this. For evidence of our relationship, it asks for 10 pages maximum of social media conversations, emails, texts, etc. I have compiled a word document where every page is a clean screenshot of my facebook messenger messages between my wife and I. I've included messages across a vast amount of time, several for each year we've been messaging each other for.

I guess my question is, do they care too much about format or what sort of information should be included? Would 10 pages of messages from varying times in our relationship suffice? If I include messages where we sent photos of each other (non-explicit of course) OK? ..or are they looking for word exchanges only?

Do the chat messages have to be anything of significance, or can it just be the usual lovely-dovey banter between us?

pay attention to quality and on 5 pages you can show the relationship, especially at 10. you can place several screenshots on 1 page, by the way my life hack, on the side I commented on screenshots, because phrases were taken out of context. Of course, I chose screenshots where emotions and important discussions are visible.

Chutsk10

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020

I'd try pick chats that cover a wide range of conversations. The day to day stuff, the serious stuff (personal issues, family issues, financial issues etc), the fights even. If it's all lovey-dovey it might come across as a superficial relationship.

That being said. I am not sure how much thought the IRCC puts into the content of the messages. I have read they are just more concerned about seeing the time/date stamps. That there has been some form of communication over a period of time.

Still I'd go for a variety of content over a variety of periods. Also stick to 10 pages maximum as the instructions say. If they want more they will request it.

Arma

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I applied for pr I gave my biometric on February 25 and status appears in my Gc account
Biometric number
00************
Date of biometric enrollment
2020***********
Expiry date
20*********
I didn’t get any email. What is that means and what is the next step please help