Passport Req..
6th July 2015 and pp submitted 8th july
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
sadcanadianpr said:
Congratulations Buddy :)
Submit the documents regarding your pay stub. But I think the option C form is enough. They need to know that you earn enough to support your wife once she comes to Canada to stay with you. That's what you would see when you will go through the help page to fill the document. You can download it from your CRA login

There is no problem in getting PCC before marriage if you are going to put her current residency instead of your's in her application. Few offices they put the complete address in the PCC where they have done the checking. If you are going to put your home address for communication instead of her's then wait. But that's tricky too.. The officers might ask where she stayed in last 6 months.

It's good to have her name in your passport or your name in her passport. (Not a necessity but good enough proof that you are married). In India that are very good at issuing passport fairly quick now.

As far as the name change is concerned. I would say not to change because you need to do lots of affidavit etc.

if possible you may want to do a upfront medical test and submit it along with your application when you submit.

Make sure to take pictures of all the rituals involved in the marriage. That are required if you are planning a traditional marriage.

Finally Good Luck. :)

Thank You seniors !!!! Thanks a lot for all the help. :) I was wondering will i be in trouble if i show my my option C printout for 2015 because it was just few months because i cam to canada in sep 2015 and i was just working part time somewhere with only one job do you guys think that this will be problem while sponsoring my spouse?? But now i have a full time job and i do have $10000 saving (approx). Do i need to send them my present bank statement and my this years pay stub as well ??

thank you for all the help again

akhurana487

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Doc's Request.
cc charged 26 november 2014
Nomination.....
PER 29th december 2014
Med's Request
MR,PCC AND RPRF REQUESTS 13th April 2014
Med's Done....
On 20th may and submitted all documents on 22nd may 2015
Interview........
Tlu 3rd june 2015
Passport Req..
6th July 2015 and pp submitted 8th july
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
tigermilo said:
If you're planning on sponsoring your fiancée once you are married then you don't have to provide any pay stubs since it's not a requirement for you to even be employed to sponsor a spouse. It's on the checklist because that's a general checklist used for different types of sponsorships, some of which have an income requirement.
The option C printout would have to be requested from the Canada Revenue Agency. It's a summary of all of the types of income you received and reported for your taxes for the previous year (2015). You would have to call or do it online. They do require for you to indicate how much income you reported.

Thank you seniors :) !!! My income is not that much rite now its just around $24000 annually and its been 7 months i have been working in a full time job. will it effect my application ??? but i do have good credit history and pay my bills on time..

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
Can an individual bring more than $10,000 as a new PR upon landing for the first time in Canada without being asked to pay taxes? Many thanks in advance for your help.

SL_chica

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cololmbo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RE-PCC xx-10-2016
AOR Received.
xx-08-2015
File Transfer...
xx-09-2015
Med's Request
RE-MED xx-10-2016
Med's Done....
xx-07-2015 | xx-10-2016
Interview........
xx-10-2016
Passport Req..
xx-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
xx-11-2016
LANDED..........
xx-11-2016
aylar10 said:
Can an individual bring more than $10,000 as a new PR upon landing for the first time in Canada without being asked to pay taxes? Many thanks in advance for your help.
Any amount of money you bring to Canada is not taxable. You have to declare that you are bringing the money in to Canada from another country.
Check in your own country if you have limits of funds that can be taken out of the country without being penalized.

However:
Later you will be taxed, when you invest the money you bring and make profit, interest or capital gains on them once you are a resident. This rule is for all residents of Canada, not just for PR.

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
SL_chica said:
Any amount of money you bring to Canada is not taxable. You have to declare that you are bringing the money in to Canada from another country.
Check in your own country if you have limits of funds that can be taken out of the country without being penalized.

However:
Later you will be taxed, when you invest the money you bring and make profit, interest or capital gains on them once you are a resident. This rule is for all residents of Canada, not just for PR.
Thank you so much, I was asking this for my husband as he is landing next month and we are preparing for that. He is planning to take a three years program at a college. He is bringing the funds for his tuition fees as we are not planning to get any student loans. We won't be "investing" the money, however we will be putting it in a savings account so it can be used later on (would that count as some sort of investing?) I guess, the saving account will be subjected to taxes unless we put it in a tax free savings account. Would someone confirm this please? Sorry, if the question sounds so obvious, I judt want to double check. Much appreciated.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
aylar10 said:
Thank you so much, I was asking this for my husband as he is landing next month and we are preparing for that. He is planning to take a three years program at a college. He is bringing the funds for his tuition fees as we are not planning to get any student loans. We won't be "investing" the money, however we will be putting it in a savings account so it can be used later on (would that count as some sort of investing?) I guess, the saving account will be subjected to taxes unless we put it in a tax free savings account. Would someone confirm this please? Sorry, if the question sounds so obvious, I judt want to double check. Much appreciated.
It is not considered an investment but you still have to pay tax on any interest earned in a standard savings account. As the interest rates for savings accounts are so low (usually no more than 0.5%), even if there is a very high balance, there will be very little interest actually earned and therefore very, very little tax to pay.

Nazali

Oct 12, 2016
GTWifey said:
According to your post the most common reason for people to be called for an interview is that the visa officer has doubts about the relationship being genuine.
My husband hasnt been called in for an interview (which I'm being told is good thing), but if he is, would you recommend that I attend? Will he be issued the visa right after the interview if it is successful? Our file in is Port of Spain.
Hi can anyone tell when does the canadian immigration return original degrees and certificates after the immigration process. I got immigration in 2013 but they didnt return my documents. Do anyone know whats the procedure of getting back original documents.

Son-of-A-Gun

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Nazali said:
Hi can anyone tell when does the canadian immigration return original degrees and certificates after the immigration process. I got immigration in 2013 but they didnt return my documents. Do anyone know whats the procedure of getting back original documents.
Sorry I can't answer your question but I'm sure a "senior" here will.

I'm just curious about which context were you brought to provide originals of your degrees/diplomas. Were you asked specifically? Because I never came across any family class sponsorship form that asks for such documents, and even less for originals.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
prvc said:
Hi everyone! What kind of changes does CIC need for them to be notified? Do I have to let them know any change in my employment in the future? I've sent all my docs and forms to my hubby in Canada, and he's going to send it after he double-checked everything. I've also momentarily put off job hunting so I can focus on the app preparation. Now, potential employers have been calling me, and I'm considering to work again soon. And if yes that I do have to let them know, how should I do that and how soon?

Thank you. :)
no, you don't have to notify cic of employment changes after sending in the application.

Romeo30

Oct 24, 2016
Can anyone give me a sample or an idea what to write in a cover letter when sending my additional documents to visa office

itslissy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
02-06-2016
File Transfer...
10-06-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-11-2016
Hello guys i need some advice and answers.
I just got our visa and CoPR. but there's a little mistake. They put 60 cm as my sons height instead of 80 cm. Is that a vital info ?
Should i contact the embassy about it?
Please i need help.

xtreemboarder

Jul 2, 2015
Hey guys,

For once instead of asking a question I would like to add some information that I have discovered. Like many others, I have read a lot of conflicting information regarding the translation and notarization of documents. Some say only government documents need to be notarized, others say everything as per the wording in the manual, others say something else altogether from their experience. It seems it varies from one VO to the next.

I'm currently applying from Tel Aviv. Following the guides, one says to have the document translated, obtain an affidavit, and a certified true copy of the original; the other guide says to translate and notarize the English copy. Having read just about every post relating to this problem on the board, I decided to visit the Embassy which is thankfully really close to where I live.

The representative told me that there are two possibilities. Possibility one is the documents will be sent to their office following the sponsor assessment, in which case they don't care to see the English copies because they are all fluent in Hebrew, this is also a probability. Possibility two is that everything is processed in Canada (I'm guessing Ottawa), since it is up to them to allocate the work, and for that reason documents need to be translated; other than the fact that if there are no translated copies the application wouldn't pass Stage 1. The rep did confirm to me that government documents are most important as well as the apartment rental agreement whereas receipts, utility bills, and all the other supporting information isn't as critical and a notarization is not required. Like I said, it seems in my VO they can interpret the documents in their original language.

This may very well conflict with someone else's experience, in which case if you find yourself in this position simply email the VO that would apply to you for directions as it seems to be region specific. Also just to state for the record I called IRCC to not success, they told me to contact my VO.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itslissy said:
Hello guys i need some advice and answers.
I just got our visa and CoPR. but there's a little mistake. They put 60 cm as my sons height instead of 80 cm. Is that a vital info ?
Should i contact the embassy about it?
Please i need help.
that shouldn't be a problem .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Nazali said:
You need to contact the VO by CSE and request your documents. As it's been several years, it's possible that IRCC may not be able to locate your documents.

itslissy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
02-06-2016
File Transfer...
10-06-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-11-2016
TANMEX said:
that shouldn't be a problem .
Thank you so much. But will it appear in his PR CARD?