Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
swordsman said:
I'd like to know this as well. I can't figure out if I need to include my wife (the sponsor) on all these forms. It seems redundant, as spousal sponsors have their own specific forms to fill out. But I don't want to risk making a mistake.
for application purposes your wife is not your "spouse" or "family member". for application purposes she is only the "sponsor". When applicant forms say "family member" or "spouse", they are referring to other people listed in the application also applying for PR. (ie: children, parents, a couple applying for PR together, etc.) These are generic forms used for all streams of immigration. the spousal sponsor only needs to fill out the sponsor forms, they do not need to fill out any applicant forms.

luissuarez

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
MilesAway said:
You do not include your Canadian daughter on IMM0008. The sponsor is also not included as they are already either Canadian or a PR.
IMM0008DEP is for when you have more than 5 family members. Do you have more than 5 non-Canadian children?

You do need to list your Canadian daughter and spouse on the additional family information form.
This is what I thought. No. I don't have more than 5 family members. Thanks

Danish Girl

Sep 2, 2016
Hi there.
I am applying for PR through the sponsor your spouse from within Canada program, My husband is Canadian I am Danish.

I am applying for a openwork permit together with my PR.
I am in doubt if I should fill out this form Statutory Declaration of Common-law union IMM 5409?
We are not coomon law but married so not sure if it only applies to Common-law partners?
Hope somebody can halp me
Thanks a lot
Rikke

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Danish Girl said:
Hi there.
I am applying for PR through the sponsor your spouse from within Canada program, My husband is Canadian I am Danish.

I am in doubt if I should fill out this form Statutory Declaration of Common-law union IMM 5409?
We are not coomon law but married so not sure if it only applies to Common-law partners?
Hope somebody can halp me
Thanks a lot
Rikke
this only applies to commonlaw partners. if you are married, then it doesn't apply to you and is not required.

Danish Girl

Sep 2, 2016
Hi there.

Hope somebody can help me
Thanks a lot
Rikke

Danish Girl

Sep 2, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
this only applies to commonlaw partners. if you are married, then it doesn't apply to you and is not required.

Thanks a lot. So we do not need to sent that form at all. Or do you still think I should sign it and write" Not Applicable" ??

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Danish Girl said:
Thanks a lot. So we do not need to sent that form at all. Or do you still think I should sign it and write" Not Applicable" ??
don't include it.

sahiljain22

Sep 10, 2016
I just mailed my spousal sponsorship papers for wife (inland) yesterday. Did not include the OWP papers since she is preg and we really weren't thinking about her working anytime soon.

I am now thinking I should have done that, and probably still can send it on Monday, since it would help with getting health insurance etc. Does anyone have experience in doing it separately (but before AOR) and sending it to CPC-N? Does it still take 4 months? If she isn't working, what's the value in it vs. just extending for visitor status at the end of 6 months?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sahiljain22 said:
I just mailed my spousal sponsorship papers for wife (inland) yesterday. Did not include the OWP papers since she is preg and we really weren't thinking about her working anytime soon.

I am now thinking I should have done that, and probably still can send it on Monday, since it would help with getting health insurance etc. Does anyone have experience in doing it separately (but before AOR) and sending it to CPC-N? Does it still take 4 months? If she isn't working, what's the value in it vs. just extending for visitor status at the end of 6 months?
Including an OWP with the inland application gives you implied status - which means you can remain in Canada until a decision is made in your application without applying for extensions. That's one of the main benefits (apart from giving you the right to work). Whether the OWP will give her access to health care largely depends on the province you are in.

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
Hi Everyone,

I have been going through the post and realized many people are being aided from the post. I have few queries, Appreciate if anyone can reply me for the same as well.

1-I am Pakistani national living in Dubai with parents for 30 years and i am getting married to my husband (Canadian National) in Dubai in few months. I have never been to Canada earlier and my brother also lives in Canada (Work Permit). My questions are;

1- Can i get tourist Visa to see my husband after he applies for my PR or i have to wait for a year as UAE Visa Office takes 14 months for processing Family Sponsorship?
2- At the time of applying tourist Should i be working to show them (Employment Certificate) that i will come back after visiting him?
3- Anyone has an experience if they got tourist and what duration is it? Single or Multi?

I look forward hearing from you :)

TIA

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Hello everyone !

I am going to apply for Spousal Sponsorship for my wife (living in Canada) through Out-Land sponsorship program (Family sponsorship plan).

I have a question concerning police certificate required from Pakistan.

During my Permanent Residence process in which my wife was added as a "non-accompanying dependent", my wife got her Open Work Permit approved and came to Canada. During the end of my PR process, 4 months ago CIC requested for my wife's recent Police Certificate from Pakistan, which we applied and provided. My wife has not left Canada since then.

Now the question is while Sponsoring my spouse now, do I have to get a new Police Certificate for her ? (Even though we had it issued 4 months ago and my wife has not left Canada).

My PR application took 17 months and CIC only asked for my police certificate 1 time in the beginning of my application. This would seem that if you remain in Canada, then you don't need to get a new Police Certificate every 11-12 months.

Any thoughts on this mater, your guidance will be very helpful.

Kind regards,

- Subtain

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
is there anybody who got letter to redo the medical exam and was denied after that ? or they put you in interview queue after that?
I got letter to redo my medical and I am wondering if the passport request is the next step or there will be something else...
THX!!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Electra said:
1- Can i get tourist Visa to see my husband after he applies for my PR or i have to wait for a year as UAE Visa Office takes 14 months for processing Family Sponsorship?
2- At the time of applying tourist Should i be working to show them (Employment Certificate) that i will come back after visiting him?
3- Anyone has an experience if they got tourist and what duration is it? Single or Multi?
1. Your chances of a TRV are very low but you can try.

2. Yes, you need to be working and show very strong ties to your current country of residence.

3. The duration and validity depends entirely on the person that reviews your app.

itsasyn17

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
Background check started 29-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016 In Process 25-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision Made: 15-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2016, returned to Ottawa, waiting for new COPRs
Electra said:
Hi Everyone,

I have been going through the post and realized many people are being aided from the post. I have few queries, Appreciate if anyone can reply me for the same as well.

1-I am Pakistani national living in Dubai with parents for 30 years and i am getting married to my husband (Canadian National) in Dubai in few months. I have never been to Canada earlier and my brother also lives in Canada (Work Permit). My questions are;

I look forward hearing from you :)

TIA
Your chances of approval of a TRV go up after sponsor approval, but they are still slim.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
deeafahd said:
is there anybody who got letter to redo the medical exam and was denied after that ? or they put you in interview queue after that?
I got letter to redo my medical and I am wondering if the passport request is the next step or there will be something else...
THX!!!!
I understand how anxious you are for an answer but it is impossible to predict with any certainty. Nothing you learn will lessen that anxiety until you hear from cic. It could range from decision made to they lost your original medical. Best wishes that you get a speedy answer from cic