28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hockeymama said:
Hi everyone.... help will be greatly appreciated. We are starting our Spousal Sponsorship/Permanent Residence FROM WITHIN CANADA and will mail in application within the next day or two. We have all our paperwork in order. Our question is - with the Pilot Project December 2014 Open Work visa program posted on the CIC web we have read on web links to INCLUDE the application for work visa SIMULTANEOUSLY with the Application for Permanent Residence. Spouse is currently in Canada. The medical is done. Fingerprints request sent off to FBI about 6 weeks ago (spouse from USA). Visitor visa for spouse 6 months - got that on Nov 25, 2015. WHAT form (work visa) do we use and include in the application. She does not need to extend her work visa because she does not have one yet. She needs to apply for one and from what I read she does it at the same time as applying for he permanent residence in order to qualify for the Pilot Project (4 month work visa) program. The only forms I seem to come across now is Application for Work Visa from outside. I may be looking in the incorrect spot. Please let us know. If you at all have any contact phone numbers for me to call at CIC I will appreciate it. Thank you all.
I would very strongly recommend you apply outland instead. There are almost no advantages to applying inland for American spouses / common law parterns. If you do, you're going to end up hating life for the next three years. Seriously consider switching to outland. These days most Americas are getting through the outland process in 5-9 months total.

LastOnesLeft

Nov 12, 2015
Hello Everyone, my wife introduced me to the forum, i am currently a student here in Canada from nigeria, i would be graduating in April next year and have my visa till 2017. either ways i got married to my wife in October this year, it was a civil marriage and we did reception in Cuba and went on our honeymoon in Cuba also, her mom(family) could not make it cause she was having a fight with her and neither did my family due to distance, but both family are aware. but we had friends and it was a good occasion. i have pictures together for trips to US, photo with family members, occasion with them, together to cousins wedding, pictures with grand mom and aunties, joint bank account, home rental agreement with both name in it, joint bank account, engagement pictures, trips together. we started dating in April, and we moved in together in June. so we have only being together in 9months, i would like to apply outland application do you think, i the length is too short have anyone gone through this short length and be approved ?

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Urgent Question

Is there any similar form(s) in the Outland Spousal Sponsorship that both Sponsor and Principal Applicant are to fill out?

Hockeymama

Dec 1, 2015
scylla said:
I would very strongly recommend you apply outland instead. There are almost no advantages to applying inland for American spouses / common law parterns. If you do, you're going to end up hating life for the next three years. Seriously consider switching to outland. These days most Americas are getting through the outland process in 5-9 months total.
Thank you....only reason we considered inland was because of the NEW pilot program Canada offers for the worker's visas. As long as my spouse can start working and get medical (4 months according to pilot program) we could manage the rest - meaning wait for residency approval. I think that is the issue with most people. The inability to work and helping support family while sitting in the other country awaiting residency approval. I just need to know what forms to submit :) Appreciate your help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hockeymama said:
Thank you....only reason we considered inland was because of the NEW pilot program Canada offers for the worker's visas. As long as my spouse can start working and get medical (4 months according to pilot program) we could manage the rest - meaning wait for residency approval. I think that is the issue with most people. The inability to work and helping support family while sitting in the other country awaiting residency approval. I just need to know what forms to submit :) Appreciate your help
So he's OK not leaving Canada for three years? That's the biggie. No trips outside of Canada would be a deal-breaker for me. But if you're OK with that...

You should be aware that he may not be able to get medical coverage at 4 months - it's somewhat province dependent. For example, if you're living in Ontario, you have to wait until AIP (first stage approval) before he will qualify for health care coverage which is currently a 17 month wait (even though he would have the OWP within four months). So take that into consideration when you are making your decision.

Please do think carefully before committing to inland. We see many Canadians sponsoring Americans who think inland is great until they are into the waiting part of the process and then reality sets in.

nazhar88

Dec 1, 2015
Hello All,

I need some urgent help for a friend of mine who applied for PR immigration through his wife. He received an email from CIC in Abu dhabi on november 26 that they are ready to issue his visa to him and to submit his passport and 2 photos within 30 days from the date of the email and that his visa will be valid until may 12 2016.

The problem now is that his passport is gone for renewal. Although he will receive the passport by december 15th, his new employer whom he signed a contract with before receiving an email from CIC says thay they would be able to stamp his employment visa in UAE by the first week of january. But the problem is he needs to submit his passport by dec 26.

Can anyone tell me if CIC office in abu dhabi will give him an extension period for at least 2 to 3 weeks so he can submit his passport and 2 photos for canadian visa? He is guaranteed able to enter Canada before may 12 (the expiration date given by cic for his visa for canada). All he is requesting is some more time.

He went to the abu dhabi office and the lady said to send an email to the same email address he received the email from abu dhabi and explain them situation but the automatic reply said it will take upto 15 days to reply and he sent the email on nov 30. Can someone please help..he is really worried.. his wife is in Canada and they want to start their life together already

david3398

Mar 3, 2015
Hi everyone:

Need some help here!

Family sponsorship inland application with OWP, rec'd AOR on 27th July 2015 as well as the UCI. checking status online it says

Sponsorship Application Status
1.We received your application to sponsor XXX's on July 27, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 17, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on October 16, 2015.
4.We sent you correspondence on October 16, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Permanent Residence
1.We received XXX's application for permanent residence on July 27, 2015.

I have a few question:

1 I never rec'd any correspondence via email or mail, should I call CIC?
2 We sent OWP with the application, and it's been 4 months already. what to do?
3 CIC doesn't say anything about OWP, How you guys check it?

Thanks for any reply!

m11nk

Aug 14, 2014
Hello everyone!! I have applied for immigration in oct 2014 and its still in process.my husband applied for my visit visa in june 2015 and i got that but no progress in our immigration case.did this happen to anyone else too?im insha Allah going on visit visa soon

akhurana487

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Doc's Request.
cc charged 26 november 2014
Nomination.....
PER 29th december 2014
Med's Request
MR,PCC AND RPRF REQUESTS 13th April 2014
Med's Done....
On 20th may and submitted all documents on 22nd may 2015
Interview........
Tlu 3rd june 2015
Passport Req..
6th July 2015 and pp submitted 8th july
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
Aquakitty said:
No one can say exactly what they will want to see as every VO and case officer is different. All you need to do is explain what your living situation will be, and your source of funds. $11,000 in the bank is a great addition. Plenty of people have no savings and still sponsor, and plenty of people live with family members when they first come to Canada, so don't stress over this too much. They aren't going to care where you live so much as you have a place to live. Having the support of your brother is also in your favour.
Thank you so much Aqua for your help !!!! That is a great relief !!!

akhurana487

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
PER 29th december 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Tlu 3rd june 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
akhurana487 said:
Thank you so much Aqua for your help !!!! That is a great relief !!!
Hi guys
Can you please tell me how much is the processing time for spouse sponsorship these days ! Any new rules implemented for spouse sponsorship ? any reduction in processing times of spouse sponsorship ?

akhurana487

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
PER 29th december 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Tlu 3rd june 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
laizalaiza22 said:
Good Day po! Ask ko lang po march 2015 spousal sponsorship po applicant, I just wanna share my timeline

March 11, 2015 - application sent
April 21, 2015 - AOR
May 13, 2015 - Sponsorship Approval
June 19, 2015 - PPR
July 7, 2015 - Passport Sent
August - still waiting for passport with visa

Ask ko lang po nag DM na po ba kau? Kz po until Application received and medical received pa din po sa ecas.. Please reply po, and pashare naman po ng timeline... Thanks po

Hi laizalaiza22
Its a good timeline. You must have got visa for your spouse by now. How did you manage to get it so fast ? You applied for the inland or for the outland sponsorship ?

akhurana487

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
PER 29th december 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Tlu 3rd june 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
Hi laizalaiza22
Its a good timeline. You must have got visa for your spouse by now. How did you manage to get it so fast ? You applied for the inland or for the outland sponsorship ?

nazhar88

Dec 1, 2015
Is anyone here to help out???

nazhar88 said:
Hello All,

I need some urgent help for a friend of mine who applied for PR immigration through his wife. He received an email from CIC in Abu dhabi on november 26 that they are ready to issue his visa to him and to submit his passport and 2 photos within 30 days from the date of the email and that his visa will be valid until may 12 2016.

The problem now is that his passport is gone for renewal. Although he will receive the passport by december 15th, his new employer whom he signed a contract with before receiving an email from CIC says thay they would be able to stamp his employment visa in UAE by the first week of january. But the problem is he needs to submit his passport by dec 26.

Can anyone tell me if CIC office in abu dhabi will give him an extension period for at least 2 to 3 weeks so he can submit his passport and 2 photos for canadian visa? He is guaranteed able to enter Canada before may 12 (the expiration date given by cic for his visa for canada). All he is requesting is some more time.

He went to the abu dhabi office and the lady said to send an email to the same email address he received the email from abu dhabi and explain them situation but the automatic reply said it will take upto 15 days to reply and he sent the email on nov 30. Can someone please help..he is really worried.. his wife is in Canada and they want to start their life together already

Can someone please help out?!

pollo

Dec 1, 2015
Hi Aquakitty

Thanks for your Information provided
I sent an email few days ago asking when should I submit my passport at the Colombo Canadian Embassy and I got a reply today from them saying I'll be informed once my file has been reviewed completely. But I'm not sure how long they going to take to finalize my case???? Has anyone got same situation??? or had any similar situation???

username27

Apr 4, 2012
Hi,
I am a PhD student with PR and recently got married. I work as a teaching assistant in a University and receive $34000 of income through scholarships and research/teaching assistantships. Out of $28000, $11000 is from my teaching assistantship and taxable. Hence, I believe that would be the amount listed in my option C printout (I am waiting for the option-c). But I have T4A which shows that I am receiving non-taxable income of $17000 for 2014. So should I include Option-C printout and T4 A and explain it in a letter. I have a letter from my department saying I receive $27000 in scholarships and research/teaching assistantships. Thanks in-advance