13-11-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
L-8.5, S-8.5, R-7.5, W-7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2015 (2nd line update)
Med's Request
24-01-2015
Med's Done....
27-01-2015 (3rd line update on 07-02-2015)
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
05-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2015
LANDED..........
Planned in June 1st week
Dear Forumites,

My cousin had arrived in Canada in Sept 2010 as PR on spousal sponsorship. Unfortunately, her marriage broke after 1 year and she got divorced. She re-married in Jan 2013 and applied for her 2nd husband on spousal sponsorship. In Mar 2015 she got letter from Mississauga office that she is ineligible to sponsor her 2nd husband since she has not completed 5 years as PR in Canada as yet. Her status in eCAS for her as sponsor shows Decision Made while for her husband it still shows In Process (2nd line added as Medical results have been received). As per the rule, since she will be eligible to sponsor him in Sept 2015, we want to know if she needs to send her application all over again or just re-apply for the sponsorship since her husband's eCAS is still showing as In Process.
She had hired a top lawyer in Canada but he goofed up on the interpretation of spousal sponsorship rules and thought that above rule applies only to people who became PR after 2013 or 2014. He is still claiming that immigration office is incorrect and asked her to wait until Sept 2015. She is no more interested in pursuing her case with this lawyer and wants to follow her case independently. She has very clear documents to prove her divorce and the reasons behind it and also the documentation required to prove the genuineness of her 2nd marriage.
Please provide your opinions on what should be her next course of action. Is there a possibility that after Sept 2015 the local VO might move the file further without her taking any action since she would be eligible to sponsor as per the rule?

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Indiana_Jones said:
Dear Forumites,

My cousin had arrived in Canada in Sept 2010 as PR on spousal sponsorship. Unfortunately, her marriage broke after 1 year and she got divorced. She re-married in Jan 2013 and applied for her 2nd husband on spousal sponsorship. In Mar 2015 she got letter from Mississauga office that she is ineligible to sponsor her 2nd husband since she has not completed 5 years as PR in Canada as yet. Her status in eCAS for her as sponsor shows Decision Made while for her husband it still shows In Process (2nd line added as Medical results have been received). As per the rule, since she will be eligible to sponsor him in Sept 2015, we want to know if she needs to send her application all over again or just re-apply for the sponsorship since her husband's eCAS is still showing as In Process.
She had hired a top lawyer in Canada but he goofed up on the interpretation of spousal sponsorship rules and thought that above rule applies only to people who became PR after 2013 or 2014. He is still claiming that immigration office is incorrect and asked her to wait until Sept 2015. She is no more interested in pursuing her case with this lawyer and wants to follow her case independently. She has very clear documents to prove her divorce and the reasons behind it and also the documentation required to prove the genuineness of her 2nd marriage.
Please provide your opinions on what should be her next course of action. Is there a possibility that after Sept 2015 the local VO might move the file further without her taking any action since she would be eligible to sponsor as per the rule?

Thank you!
She will need to submit a brand new application after the 5 years have passed in September 2015. Her old application has been refused and won't be processed. She will need to submit a complete new application - both the sponsor section and the applicant section - with all of the forms, evidence, documents, etc.

t123

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guyz Allhamdulilah I have done my remedical on 2nd July 2015 its almost 1month and 10 days I am still waiting for ppr my ecase is still on medical result has been recived any idea in how much more days inshallah i will get ppr?? My timeline start from 29 September 2014 its almost 9 month and 5 days ago! Somebody please explain
Thanks

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
t123 said:
Hello guyz Allhamdulilah I have done my remedical on 2nd July 2015 its almost 1month and 10 days I am still waiting for ppr my ecase is still on medical result has been recived any idea in how much more days inshallah i will get ppr?? My timeline start from 29 September 2014 its almost 9 month and 5 days ago! Somebody please explain
Thanks
How long did they give you to get the second medical done?...I understand that if they gave you 90 days they will not look at your case till then..we got 2 meds done on 15JUN2015 and third on 03AUG2015 and had 90 days from 08JUN2015 and 45 days for the third one....Our due date in the case notes is 24SEP2015 so I am thinking that we will not hear or see anything till then, if at all...the call centre indicated it would take at least another 6 months...Our application was rec'd April 2014...yes 2014...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Indiana_Jones said:
She had hired a top lawyer in Canada but he goofed up on the interpretation of spousal sponsorship rules and thought that above rule applies only to people who became PR after 2013 or 2014. He is still claiming that immigration office is incorrect and asked her to wait until Sept 2015.
By the way - the lawyer is wrong. CIC is right.

When our cousin landed and became a PR has nothing to do with whether or not the rule applies to her. All that matters is when she submitted the application to sponsor her new spouse (that's the date that matters).

So the five year rule was correctly applied to her and she doesn't qualify to sponsor her new spouse until later this year.

spicy

Jul 16, 2014
Hello all
Hope all is doing great and wish you all best of luck
I need help
My visa officer contacted me in mid June and told me he will send my medical exam to Canada to be assessed and extended
My medical exam expired on July 10 2015
It's been one month since it is expired
Anyone have any idea about how much time it takes ???

Thank you all

Jan 5, 2015
Hi all ...
I have a question about sponsoring my common-law partner from the UK. I think this the right place to post! I am currently working and reside in the UK, but to sponsor someone, will I have to return and reside in Canada?

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
lauraelizabeth said:
I have a question about sponsoring my common-law partner from the UK. I think this the right place to post! I am currently working and reside in the UK, but to sponsor someone, will I have to return and reside in Canada?
If you are a Canadian citizen, you can begin the process while residing in the UK. You will have to include in your application proof that you (and your partner, obviously) intend to promptly return to Canada when the application is approved. Typically, this is proven through activities such as searching for a residence and employment in Canada, or in letters of support from relatives that will allow you to stay whilst getting on your feet.

If you are a Canadian permanent resident, then you must live in Canada when submitting the application and throughout the process.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
spicy said:
Hello all
Hope all is doing great and wish you all best of luck
I need help
My visa officer contacted me in mid June and told me he will send my medical exam to Canada to be assessed and extended
My medical exam expired on July 10 2015
It's been one month since it is expired
Anyone have any idea about how much time it takes ???

Thank you all
it must be done just remind visa officer again...

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
Hello my people,

Congrats to all those who have received and to those in the wait, yours is around the corner.

I have few questions/concern about spousal sponsorship and I am hoping the seniors here would be kind enough to help out.

I am a PR and would be getting married next summer Nigeria. My Fiancee is currently in Nigeria and we are considering two options that would aid her joining me in Canada.

The first option would be for her to come do an MBA as this would further enhance her chances of being able to apply as inland applicant and also give her chances of better job offers.

The second option is for us to apply for family sponsorship while she is in Nigeria. Can someone walk me through the process of making the application from Nigeria. what do I need to submit, any proof of funds? How long did it take for your application to pull through?

I look forward to getting exciting responses.

Maryclark20

Aug 10, 2015
Ok I need some help....my son and I are U.S. Citizens and my boyfriend is Canadian. Due to finances and my sons father I am unable to go to Canada at the moment. My boyfriend has expressed interest in coming here and getting married. My sons father isn't involved in his life at all so I'm looking into him giving up his rights and my boyfriend would then adopt my son. And we have a possible interest of moving to Canada....what would be the simplest way to go about this?

spicy

Jul 16, 2014
nekeol said:
it must be done just remind visa officer again...
i tried to call them but they never transfer calls to visa section
and they dont let you in if you visit the embassy ( all must be by appointment )
and i already sent an email in august 6 and august 9
and still no answer

i have printed the emails i sent them and included my file number and sent them to the embassy / visa section by DHL
so i hope they answer by email or phone call

thank you for replying to my question :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Maryclark20 said:
Ok I need some help....my son and I are U.S. Citizens and my boyfriend is Canadian. Due to finances and my sons father I am unable to go to Canada at the moment. My boyfriend has expressed interest in coming here and getting married. My sons father isn't involved in his life at all so I'm looking into him giving up his rights and my boyfriend would then adopt my son. And we have a possible interest of moving to Canada....what would be the simplest way to go about this?
Your boyfriend will have to sponsor you and your son for permanent residency once you are married if you want to be able to move to Canada and live there. There is no need for your boyfriend to adopt your son - but he can certainly do so. To remove your son from the US and take him with you to Canada, you will need a letter of permission from his father (regardless of whether your boyfriend adopts him or not).

Jonick

Aug 10, 2015
My husband who is a Canadian citizen sponsors me. We live in BC and we have send an inland application which was received by CIC in March 2015. Would it be possible to change my inland application to an Outland application? In other words, would it be worthwhile for me to go and live outside of Canada, in South Africa (my country of origin) or in the USA which is closer, in order to get processed faster?

Thanks for any help or advice

:eek:

spicy

Jul 16, 2014
Jonick said:
My husband who is a Canadian citizen sponsors me. We live in BC and we have send an inland application which was received by CIC in March 2015. Would it be possible to change my inland application to an Outland application? In other words, would it be worthwhile for me to go and live outside of Canada, in South Africa (my country of origin) or in the USA which is closer, in order to get processed faster?

Thanks for any help or advice

:eek:

i dont know about how much time that will save and i dont know if its possible to change it ( you might have to make new application )

but from my experience .. distance sucks

and if my application will take much more time .. at least i would be with my partner

distance relationship is awful