Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
dhang729 said:
Good Day
Can you help me in answering this question in the form Imm5540 question number 8.
List all the countries you have resided aside from canada including addresses and telephone number.
Should I include a country where I was a tourist for two months.
If I would include all the addresses, is the timeline from birth or for the last 10 or 5 years?

If visiting another country does not mean that you moved to reside in that particular country. The answer is No.
According to the addresses I think it's only after you became 18 years old. BUT, it doesn't hurt if you include all resided addresses if wanted to.

You are welcome. Good luck filling and don't double check it after you are done check it as many times as you can. :)

thank you. your answer will be deeply appreciated.

KRM

Feb 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Hi! I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my Korean wife. We live in Korea and she received her COPR a few days ago, with a March 12th landing date. However, due to our housing lease and other obligations here in Korea, we don't plan on relocating to Canada until July. Therefore, my wife is planning to simply visit Vancouver for three days next week for the express purpose of meeting the landing deadline. She'll give my mother's Canada address to the immigration officer so they can mail out her visa. My mother will then mail it to us in Korea so we can enter Canada in July. She'll be bringing my 2-month-old baby (along with his Cdn. citizenship certificate) so that she doesn't need to stop breastfeeding, and her mother to help with the baby. I can't go because of work obligations and I'll be caring for our first son. I have a few concerns, though...

1. Is this OK? (Entering and leaving Canada simply to get her PR visa...given our circumstances).

2. She's been getting advice NOT to tell the officer she plans on returning to Korea in a few days and that she is relocating to Canada on this particular visit. (I'm strongly against this. It would be lying, and I wouldn't be there with our other son...so it would look pretty suspicious. Not to mention it would necessitate buying a one-way ticket, and all kinds of other silly nonsense.)

3. Is an extension on the landing date an option? (99% sure it isn't, but no harm in asking)

Any other advice for our situation would be highly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

Ken

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
KRM said:
Hi! I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my Korean wife. We live in Korea and she received her COPR a few days ago, with a March 12th landing date. However, due to our housing lease and other obligations here in Korea, we don't plan on relocating to Canada until July. Therefore, my wife is planning to simply visit Vancouver for three days next week for the express purpose of meeting the landing deadline. She'll give my mother's Canada address to the immigration officer so they can mail out her visa. My mother will then mail it to us in Korea so we can enter Canada in July. She'll be bringing my 2-month-old baby (along with his Cdn. citizenship certificate) so that she doesn't need to stop breastfeeding, and her mother to help with the baby. I can't go because of work obligations and I'll be caring for our first son. I have a few concerns, though...

1. Is this OK? (Entering and leaving Canada simply to get her PR visa...given our circumstances).

2. She's been getting advice NOT to tell the officer she plans on returning to Korea in a few days and that she is relocating to Canada on this particular visit. (I'm strongly against this. It would be lying, and I wouldn't be there with our other son...so it would look pretty suspicious. Not to mention it would necessitate buying a one-way ticket, and all kinds of other silly nonsense.)

3. Is an extension on the landing date an option? (99% sure it isn't, but no harm in asking)

Any other advice for our situation would be highly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

Ken
1. Yes, this is perfectly acceptable

2. The immigration officer at landing doesn't ask when u plan on leaving Canada after landing, so don't even worry about this. If they do ask it really isn't a big deal if they know she's leaving in a couple days. She is a pr and free to come in and out, and since you're moving permanently in July, she should have her PR before that so it won't be a big deal and your mother will mail the PR card to her.

3. No, there isn't an extension on a COPR.

Kamaldeep momi

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
tranjini said:
me too I miss my husband too much. Valentines day is coming and out wedding anniversary as well. I am seperated for a year now. I have lost money jobs and so many things. I am stressed and depressed. Why can't the Canadian government do something about this. This is ridiculous.

I am upset now.
Don't be upset .. Even my condition is same..try to be positive read positive quotes and watch positive thinking videos.. May be it will help you.. I know it's not easy even I can't do it but all we can do is to be patient that's it

dhang729

Aug 5, 2014
hi i know im being persistent... but is it ok if i am still using my maiden if we submit our application?. would this affect our affect our application?. thank you for your response in advance

KRM

Feb 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
1. Yes, this is perfectly acceptable

2. The immigration officer at landing doesn't ask when u plan on leaving Canada after landing, so don't even worry about this. If they do ask it really isn't a big deal if they know she's leaving in a couple days. She is a pr and free to come in and out, and since you're moving permanently in July, she should have her PR before that so it won't be a big deal and your mother will mail the PR card to her.

3. No, there isn't an extension on a COPR.
Excellent - thanks for the response!

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Divyanjali said:
Have u got ur aor2 from delhi
It looks like the NDVO is processing applications from June/July. Did you get confirmation from the NDVO after the file was received in Oct its called AOR 2.

aaron black

Feb 5, 2015
Ponga said:
Since your PGWP cannot be extended, don't look at the OWP that is now available (much sooner) for an Inland applicant as a BOWP...it's a brand new OWP that is issued (within 4 months, according to CIC) after they acknowledge receiving your inland application. Apparently it is automatically generated once CIC sees that you have an Inland application submitted, so that, in and of itself, is the approval.

Having said that, I believe the Outland PR time for you would be closer to 6-8 months, based on the UK Outland threads. You can apply Outland while remaining in Canada, as long as you maintain/convert your status from worker to visitor. If your PGWP is valid for another 6 months or so and you can get the Outland application together ASAP, it might be worth considering.

Good luck!
With regards to your comment Ponga, i am also a resident of the UK. Im also looking at which is the better way of applying, whether its best to do outland or inland? So if i went over as on a tourist visa which i believe are given for up to six months for UK residents. If i were to apply straight away for an Inalnd application. After four months of this happening then an Open Work Permit is given from that point onwards?

Thankyou Ponga or anyone if you are able to help. I just want to try and get all the info i can and find it very hard to get the exact information you are looking for online.

Much appreciated

aaron black

Feb 5, 2015
With regards to your comment Ponga, i am also a resident of the UK. Im also looking at which is the better way of applying, whether its best to do outland or inland? So if i went over as on a tourist visa which i believe are given for up to six months for UK residents. If i were to apply straight away for an Inalnd application. After four months of this happening then an Open Work Permit is given from that point onwards?

Thankyou Ponga or anyone if you are able to help. I just want to try and get all the info i can and find it very hard to get the exact information you are looking for online.

Much appreciated

(sorry i quoted this already but a reply is what i was looking for, this is my first time of using this website and just getting use to how it works)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aaron black said:

Much appreciated

(sorry i quoted this already but a reply is what i was looking for, this is my first time of using this website and just getting use to how it works)
Are you married or common-law with your Canadian sponsor? If so, you can submit the Outland application now; no need to wait until you come to Canada.

Personally, since the Outland process is soooo much faster for those from the UK, I do NOT recommend applying Inland...even with the tempting carrot (OWP) for Inland applicants.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Hey guys, which part of the process takes more time?
S/A (Mississauga part) or the second stage (sponserd person)?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
DanSlh said:
Second stage takes longer.

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
DanSlh said:
Stage 1 takes around 1-2.5 months...the processing time varies and updated weekly, link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Stage 2 time depend on the office where u application will b handled....
so say your visa office is LONDON, the processing time is 11 months on an average,,, you can see the processing time of subsequent of Visa offices from the above link as well..

I hope it is clear now

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
dhang729 said:
hi i know im being persistent... but is it ok if i am still using my maiden if we submit our application?. would this affect our affect our application?. thank you for your response in advance
No! You don't have to change your last name. It's 2015! I didn't tske my husband's name for the application process. It's your choice and MANY people prefer to keep their own last name regardless, especially in a professional manner.

You can take your spouse's name socially, but legally and professionally still keep your maiden name in today's day and age.