Passport Req..
02/11/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/11/2015
LANDED..........
Very soon!
luandiep said:
Hi all. I need your help.
I am going to sponsor my wife in Vietnam. She went to IOM office in Hochiminh city to have them fill out all form.
On the Generic Application form for Canada (IMM0008), IOM officer states that I am (the sponsor) the dependant and they indicate the total number of family members included in the application as "2".
According to the Guide 3999: "If you are being sponsored as a member of the family class, your spouse or common-law partner (except where your spouse or common-law partner is the sponsor) must be included in your application as a family member.", I think I can not be included in her application because I am the sponsor.
I point it out to IOM officer whom filling the form for my wife but she denied and said that she had been filed hundreds for application. She said I must be included in my wife Generic Application.
I am very frustrate and not sure which is right. Would some expert here help me to clarify this matter please?
Many thanks.

Hi luandiep,

I've even put "1" ONE in my IMM0008 form.
I was told by an immigration consultant that you only have to put more than 1 if your spouse (and/or child) is applying for PR with you.
But since you are the sponsor, only the principal applicant is to be counted (1) and listed on the form.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
luandiep said:
Hi all. I need your help.
I am going to sponsor my wife in Vietnam. She went to IOM office in Hochiminh city to have them fill out all form.
On the Generic Application form for Canada (IMM0008), IOM officer states that I am (the sponsor) the dependant and they indicate the total number of family members included in the application as "2".
According to the Guide 3999: "If you are being sponsored as a member of the family class, your spouse or common-law partner (except where your spouse or common-law partner is the sponsor) must be included in your application as a family member.", I think I can not be included in her application because I am the sponsor.
I point it out to IOM officer whom filling the form for my wife but she denied and said that she had been filed hundreds for application. She said I must be included in my wife Generic Application.
I am very frustrate and not sure which is right. Would some expert here help me to clarify this matter please?
Many thanks.
Your interpretation is correct. As for the IOM officer, it is entirely possible that she made the same mistake hundreds of times, but repetition of the mistake didn't and won't make the mistake the right answer. In the end, it's unlikely CIC would reject your application on that basis, so I wouldn't stress about it.

maytroll

Nov 14, 2014
Good day guys,

I really need your help or opinion. Im a PR card holder in canada and I sponsor my husband in the philipines back in 2012, we had some issues with his papers in the past and able to fix it by the help of a lawyer in Canada last year and at last after a long wait we receive an email from them last 27th of October but the email is just asking my husband to fill up the updated form IMM0008,5669,5604, NBI or Police clearance, additional evidences of our relationship, and NSO Birth certificate of our daughter. We were able to filled it up and provide all the additional requirements that they asking however were a bit confuse because our daughter is a canadian citizen and other thing is my husband name was not included on her certificate because back when i just gave birth, my cousin is the one who filled up the form for our daughter's birth certificate and she wasn't able to write it down. So my question is will it affect my husband's application? we don't have much time to fix the error on our baby's certificate anymore since they only gave us 45 day to submit all the requirements and one more reason is I'm currently here in the philippines for a vacation. Please I need your advices. thank you for your future answers

KRM

Feb 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
My wife just gave birth to our second son on Wednesday. I'm wondering if this will slow down our application (we applied outland, we live in Korea, I'm a Cdn citizen, she Korean). Our app was made in March 2014, file is 'in process', and we've already had two requests for additional documents (which we sent promptly). I was really hoping she got approved before the baby came.

In any case, I know I have to inform CIC of the birth of a child. Should I do so by sending a letter to Mississauga or Manila (where our file is being processed)? Manila seems the obvious choice, but the initial email from CIC states any changes to our situation (e.g. birth of child) should be communicated to processing center in Mississauga.

Also....anyone else know whether this will hinder our application in any way? I plan to state specifically in the letter that the birth of this child in no way alters our relocation plans.

Thanks in advance!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
KRM said:
My wife just gave birth to our second son on Wednesday. I'm wondering if this will slow down our application (we applied outland, we live in Korea, I'm a Cdn citizen, she Korean). Our app was made in March 2014, file is 'in process', and we've already had two requests for additional documents (which we sent promptly). I was really hoping she got approved before the baby came.

In any case, I know I have to inform CIC of the birth of a child. Should I do so by sending a letter to Mississauga or Manila (where our file is being processed)? Manila seems the obvious choice, but the initial email from CIC states any changes to our situation (e.g. birth of child) should be communicated to processing center in Mississauga.

Also....anyone else know whether this will hinder our application in any way? I plan to state specifically in the letter that the birth of this child in no way alters our relocation plans.

Thanks in advance!
If you are a Canadian citizen by birth or naturalisation, the child should be Canadian also. Therefore there should be very little delay as it only needs adding to the family details. You should be applying for the child's passport etc. On the other hand, if you are a citizen by descent, having been born outside Canada, the child will need to be sponsored, possibly adding a significant delay.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
luandiep said:
Hello all:
Just a quick question. Do we allow to use "wipeout" or "correction tape" on the CIC form?
Thanks all.
You are filling them out by hand? Or filled out on computer and printed with a mistake and want to correct it?

sunnycool

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2015 In process.....: 04-09-2015
Med's Done....
05-09-2014 Remedical......: 23-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
luandiep said:
Hello all:
Just a quick question. Do we allow to use "wipeout" or "correction tape" on the CIC form?
Thanks all.
Its better to fill the forms on the computer and than print them out.

curlysue

Nov 12, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
AOR Received.
31-01-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Request
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
Passport Req..
06-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2015
LANDED..........
05-08-2015
this forum has made the preparation so much easier-I am grateful to you all!!

rigmarole9000

Oct 13, 2014
If I have a visitor visa and submit an inland application, will I need to renew the visa in order to stay, or do I have implied status until an answer is given? And, if the answer is no, will I then be in trouble for not having a visa?

Also, I believe there is a single "reckless driving" crime on my record from about two years ago, which may or may not be grounds for inadmissibility, and I'm unsure what to do about it. Should I try to describe the incident on the application? Can I apply for rehabilitation before applying for residency? I don't believe the incident would make me look like a dangerous person; I just slipped off the road in very bad weather without causing any damage.

edit: I've just read that even dismissed or withdrawn charges can be held against me, and I do have dismissed charges (nothing serious) from four years ago. I guess this makes me inadmissible?

cpeters8604

Aug 13, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-13
Great news everyone. Nov 15th we received confirmation and approval for my wifes permanent residency this has been the longest year of our life but its done finally

Abitha

Nov 15, 2014
Divorce

Hi, I got married in the philippines and now working in qatar. Ive been separated for like 8 years now and i have a boyfriend who is a Permanent resident in canada and I am going to visit to him. I just wanna know if it is possible to file a divorce in canada even if i am just a tourist? Can someone help me. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: Divorce

Abitha said:
Hi, I got married in the philippines and now working in qatar. Ive been separated for like 8 years now and i have a boyfriend who is a Permanent resident in canada and I am going to visit to him. I just wanna know if it is possible to file a divorce in canada even if i am just a tourist? Can someone help me. Thank you
No - it won't be possible to file a divorce in Canada.

You must live in Canada for a year before you will be able to file for divorce from there.

khurram19801

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
2011-2012- 2013- 2014 time line,
i beg to say dear members please join this forum who have cannot back passport after long time and who have experience please shear your experience help each other
best regards, and join whats app forum group click on this link +92---03048816606
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pakistani-passport-request-islamabad-september-2014-t251296.0.html