Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
TWarbus said:
has anyone NOT gotten notification of sponsorship approval????

I filed in July 2014 and heard nothing about being approved even though they are now processing application received in September.

plz help!
Call them and confirm. They may have entered the email address incorrectly. My friend submitted her application to sponsor in late spring, and the processing date had come and gone. She called and found out she had been approved as sponsor a couple weeks prior. They checked her email and gave her all the info.

TWarbus

Nov 17, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-09-2014
File Transfer...
08-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
tink23 said:
Call them and confirm. They may have entered the email address incorrectly. My friend submitted her application to sponsor in late spring, and the processing date had come and gone. She called and found out she had been approved as sponsor a couple weeks prior. They checked her email and gave her all the info.
Thank you for your reply!! Any chance there is a better number to call other than the one given on the website ? Every time I call they have said "there is a high volume and can't connect me to any agents at this time". So I'm frustrated by not getting any correspondance so far...

Nov 13, 2014
This is a question about Schedule A - Background Declaration -

If the applicant for PR is a College Professor in a Government Institution, does he need to mention that in question # 10 ("Government Positions")?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
TWarbus said:
Thank you for your reply!! Any chance there is a better number to call other than the one given on the website ? Every time I call they have said "there is a high volume and can't connect me to any agents at this time". So I'm frustrated by not getting any correspondance so far...
I actually called with her and redialled a few times. It said the wait would be 45 minutes but was only about 20 minutes. She just called the regular cic call centre number. Just redial quickly and u should get into the queue.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
mhook said:
Hi all, I have a question about our returned application.

My husband (Canadian) and I (Amercan) applied inland on Sep 3 2014. We got AOR on Oct 3 2014. We just received our ENTIRE package back with a letter dated Nov 12 2014. The letter says that our IMM 1344 is outdated (it was) and that we needed to submit the current (Aug 2014) form. We plan on doing this and getting it back in the mail to CPC-M tomorrow (Nov 18 2014).

We are confused and panicking, so here are my questions:
1. My police record check is dated Jul 27 2014. Apparently they're only good for 3 months after you receive them, so it was current when we sent in our app the FIRST time, but during the 2 AND A HALF MONTHS it took CIC to realize one of our forms was outdated, it expired. Same goes for my medical exam (Jul 2014 also). If we send our app back with the letter they sent us, the corrected/current IMM 1344 form, and our own letter of explanation, will our app be denied or returned AGAIN? Or are the police/medical forms still good because of the date we originally sent our package in? All the other forms in our original app appear to be current.

2. We paid the total $1040 fee online by Credit Card on Sep 3 2014, the day we mailed the app. The credit card was charged immediately. The proof of payment forms are in our original app that they sent back to us. Can we just keep them in the package or do we have to pay AGAIN? I hope not.

3. When we send the app back, is it going to take another month to get AOR again, and another month and a half after that for them to review it and see if anything is outdated AGAIN? Everything is 100% complete and current now, but I worry the forms will be updated/outdated while it's sitting in the box collecting dust.

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING. Please help!
Maybe it's a good thing as a U.S. citizen there is not really any logical reason to apply inland. An inland application is taking the best part of two years and rising whereas Outland apps are being processed as quickly as 4 months. I would tear up the inland app and apply Outland. You can still remain in Canada as a visitor and renew after 6 months if required. Even on the inland application it advises you to apply outland for quicker processing!

rigmarole9000

Oct 13, 2014
Another question about the photographs: the application calls for four recent photographs of myself and my family members. Does it mean my siblings and parents who are not coming to Canada with me, or just dependants?

Also, the photographs have specific requirements, and I don't know if it means four copies of the same photograph, four very similar photographs taken in the same session, or four completely different photographs from different times. I don't want my application rejected because the photos weren't correct!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rigmarole9000 said:
Another question about the photographs: the application calls for four recent photographs of myself and my family members. Does it mean my siblings and parents who are not coming to Canada with me, or just dependants?

Also, the photographs have specific requirements, and I don't know if it means four copies of the same photograph, four very similar photographs taken in the same session, or four completely different photographs from different times. I don't want my application rejected because the photos weren't correct!
Just you and your dependents.

Four copies of the same photograph.

mhook

Nov 17, 2014
brucem said:
Maybe it's a good thing as a U.S. citizen there is not really any logical reason to apply inland. An inland application is taking the best part of two years and rising whereas Outland apps are being processed as quickly as 4 months. I would tear up the inland app and apply Outland. You can still remain in Canada as a visitor and renew after 6 months if required. Even on the inland application it advises you to apply outland for quicker processing!
We struggled for a long time whether or not to apply Inland or Outland. I moved to Canada to live with my husband in January 2014. CIC told us over the phone several times, as did the border agents we spoke to on our last trip, to apply inland as I am living in Ottawa indefinitely. They told us it was not guaranteed that I could renew my visitor status before it would expire, leaving me out of status, which would cause my application to be rejected and me to be sent back to the States. We have already paid the fees for and spent 9 months completing the Inland application, so we will not be "tearing up" anything and starting over from square one. My visitor status has already expired and without the implied status of the Inland application, I would be out of status in Canada. Having to return to the states and start a new application is ridiculous.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
mhook said:
We struggled for a long time whether or not to apply Inland or Outland. I moved to Canada to live with my husband in January 2014. CIC told us over the phone several times, as did the border agents we spoke to on our last trip, to apply inland as I am living in Ottawa indefinitely. They told us it was not guaranteed that I could renew my visitor status before it would expire, leaving me out of status, which would cause my application to be rejected and me to be sent back to the States. We have already paid the fees for and spent 9 months completing the Inland application, so we will not be "tearing up" anything and starting over from square one. My visitor status has already expired and without the implied status of the Inland application, I would be out of status in Canada. Having to return to the states and start a new application is ridiculous.

brucem was just trying to be helpful.You will be starting again and will be waiting 14 months for the first stage and 9 months for the second stage .As brucem said most outland from the u.s are being finished in 6 months .

mhook

Nov 17, 2014
scylla said:
1. I would send the out of date PCC and hope they accept it. They will contact you if you need to provide a new one.
2. No - you don't have to pay the fee again.
3. Yes - you should unfortunately expect that your application will be treated as a brand new application since the entire package was returned.
Thank you for your help! We are calling CIC tomorrow to double check but I will sleep better tonight because of this.

mhook

Nov 17, 2014
taffy7 said:
brucem was just trying to be helpful.You will be starting again and will be waiting 14 months for the first stage and 9 months for the second stage .As brucem said most outland from the u.s are being finished in 6 months .
I understand. I am just confused why people keep suggesting this. We knew from the start that Outland applications take less time, but as I am living in Canada there was no way I would have been able to apply Outland. At least that's what CIC told us multiple times. Why would we have done Outland if they specifically told not to?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mhook said:
They told us it was not guaranteed that I could renew my visitor status before it would expire, leaving me out of status, which would cause my application to be rejected and me to be sent back to the States. We have already paid the fees for and spent 9 months completing the Inland application, so we will not be "tearing up" anything and starting over from square one. My visitor status has already expired and without the implied status of the Inland application, I would be out of status in Canada. Having to return to the states and start a new application is ridiculous.
You received some bad advice. There is no issue with submitting an outland app while in Canada. Visitor extensions for spousal PR applicants are virtually never refused and outland is always the best option for an American.

As your inland app has been returned, it would seem that you no longer have Implied Status.

If it's been less than 90 days since your status expired, you should really consider applying for restoration, scrapping the inland app and applying outland. Outland American apps are zipping through right now, with some apps being approved in only a few months. There is no advantage to an American applying inland and the majority of those who do end up regretting the decision.

mhook

Nov 17, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
You received some bad advice. There is no issue with submitting an outland app while in Canada. Visitor extensions for spousal PR applicants are virtually never refused and outland is always the best option for an American.

As your inland app has been returned, it would seem that you no longer have Implied Status.

If it's been less than 90 days since your status expired, you should really consider applying for restoration, scrapping the inland app and applying outland. Outland American apps are zipping through right now, with some apps being approved in only a few months. There is no advantage to an American applying inland and the majority of those who do end up regretting the decision.
This is great advice, thank you!!! :D My 6-month visitor visa expired on Oct 31 so it looks like we have enough time to get it restored/extended. I will do that and we will start on our Outland application tomorrow (and get a new med exam and police record check, because the previous ones expired in October.) We should be able to submit our Outland app within a month with all the forms if we hurry. My one question, can we use the same proof of payment forms for the PR card fee, Sponsorship fee, and PR Application fee ($1040) that we paid in our original Inland application? Or do we have to pay again? And since they sent our Inland app back without processing it, do we need to do any other steps to formerly withdraw it and switch to Outland?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
mhook said:
This is great advice, thank you!!! :D My 6-month visitor visa expired on Oct 31 so it looks like we have enough time to get it restored/extended. I will do that and we will start on our Outland application tomorrow (and get a new med exam and police record check, because the previous ones expired in October.) We should be able to submit our Outland app within a month with all the forms if we hurry. My one question, can we use the same proof of payment forms for the PR card fee, Sponsorship fee, and PR Application fee ($1040) that we paid in our original Inland application? Or do we have to pay again? And since they sent our Inland app back without processing it, do we need to do any other steps to formerly withdraw it and switch to Outland?

So brucem advice wasn't so bad afterwards .I believe you can use the same receipt.I will let canuck confirm this .

mhook

Nov 17, 2014
taffy7 said:
So brucem advice wasn't so bad afterwards .I believe you can use the same receipt.I will let canuck confirm this .
Our app getting returned due to outdated forms was a blessing in disguise, it seems. And brucem was right, I was just under the impression that once my visa had expired (while the Inland app was *supposed to be* processing), I was out of luck as far as switching to Outland. Thanks again. Hope you're right about the fees!