+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

arnina84

Sep 8, 2014
Hi Everybody,

Our sponsorship application package was returned to us after 2 months of receiving AOR. :eek: :'( They say one of the forms was outdated. They have asked us to send it in again but the updated form and also attach that letter that they have sent to us with the return package.

1- Do we have to update all of our forms again and send them as if we are sending a new application?
2- Do we have to send it to the outland stream again? CPC-M has an appalling average processing time and it is just getting worse and worse. I am thinking of sending it to Ankara where most applicants get PPR email within 6 months.
3- If we send it to CPC-M are they going to start from scratch and put us at the end of the line?
4- I am wondering if they want it date 2 months ago or just November something 2014?

Cheers

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
arnina84 said:
Hi Everybody,

Our sponsorship application package was returned to us after 2 months of receiving AOR. :eek: :'( They say one of the forms was outdated. They have asked us to send it in again but the updated form and also attach that letter that they have sent to us with the return package.

1- Do we have to update all of our forms again and send them as if we are sending a new application?
2- Do we have to send it to the outland stream again? CPC-M has an appalling average processing time and it is just getting worse and worse. I am thinking of sending it to Ankara where most applicants get PPR email within 6 months.
3- If we send it to CPC-M are they going to start from scratch and put us at the end of the line?
4- I am wondering if they want it date 2 months ago or just November something 2014?

Cheers
I have no idea what sending it to Ankara means.

However, everyone who has been asked to send in updated forms have sent in the forms that were asked (updated).

If the entire application was returned, they updated the forms that were requested to be updated and sent the application back.

Forms need to be dated the day they are signed.

It seems that your timer starts over (from what I have seen). But I could be wrong. I didn't have to resubmit any forms. I am just telling you what I have seen because August 2014 applicants had a lot of outdated forms.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
rigmarole9000 said:
If I have a visitor visa and submit an inland application, will I need to renew the visa in order to stay, or do I have implied status until an answer is given? And, if the answer is no, will I then be in trouble for not having a visa?

Also, I believe there is a single "reckless driving" crime on my record from about two years ago, which may or may not be grounds for inadmissibility, and I'm unsure what to do about it. Should I try to describe the incident on the application? Can I apply for rehabilitation before applying for residency? I don't believe the incident would make me look like a dangerous person; I just slipped off the road in very bad weather without causing any damage.

edit: I've just read that even dismissed or withdrawn charges can be held against me, and I do have dismissed charges (nothing serious) from four years ago. I guess this makes me inadmissible?
If you have a visitor Visa already why not do the outland process? It moves a lot quicker than inland.

They have information about your second question on their website. I had seen the link around once. Maybe you can search the CIC website? ... If I find it ill share it with you.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
arnina84 said:
Hi Everybody,

Cheers
1. Just redo the form that has a later update.
2. Yes, you have to send it to Mississauga. You haven't had sponsor approval yet so it has to go through there. You can't just send it to Ankara because you aren't approved to sponsor. Hopefully you will be put to the front of the line in Mississauga, but if not u have to wait. The wait time for sponsor approval isn't that bad, as in July 2012 it went up to over 90 days, now is half that time. You can't just skip a step and not send it to Mississauga. That would be a huge waste of time, and u will wait months to have your application sent back to u and again have to send it to Mississauga.
3. No idea. Some are put forward and back into the place they were in before and others have to wait. Worrying about it isn't going to make it go quicker, and again, you can't skip the step of sending it to Mississauga for sponsor approval. Applications with no sponsor (sponsor not approved or skip the step of sending to Mississauga) can't be approved for a spousal sponsorship as there would be no one to sponsor.
4. Date it for the day you sign it.

Antoinetee

Jun 11, 2014
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2014
Doc's Request.
30/09/2014
AOR Received.
29/09/2014
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
Good morning :)

I have a question about landing. We usually fly to Montreal from Europe. Will it matter if my husband lands in Montreal even though we are heading for Ottawa? Or will it be better to land in TO?
Thanks in advance ;)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Antoinetee said:
Good morning :)

I have a question about landing. We usually fly to Montreal from Europe. Will it matter if my husband lands in Montreal even though we are heading for Ottawa? Or will it be better to land in TO?
Thanks in advance ;)
It doesn't matter where he lands. If they ask, you can just show a proof of address in Ottawa.

Antoinetee

Jun 11, 2014
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2014
Doc's Request.
30/09/2014
AOR Received.
29/09/2014
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
tink23 said:
It doesn't matter where he lands. If they ask, you can just show a proof of address in Ottawa.

Thank you very much :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
tink23 said:
Not true. If an applicant doesn't have a CSQ (Certificat de sélection du Québec), border officers in Quebec can refuse to land that person without proof of continuing travel out of Quebec.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
canuck_in_uk said:
Not true. If an applicant doesn't have a CSQ (Certificat de sélection du Québec), border officers in Quebec can refuse to land that person without proof of continuing travel out of Quebec.
I know numerous couples who landed in Montreal because they live in Ottawa and it is closer than Toronto airport, who had no issues doing this. You can land anywhere in Canada. Proof of leaving could be as simple as the sponsor showing that they live in Ottawa or wherever on their drivers license.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
arnina84 said:
Hi Everybody,

Cheers
It's silly that they complain about a form that 1 or 2 months out of date, when they don't even look at any forms till they're a few years old.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
tink23 said:
I know numerous couples who landed in Montreal because they live in Ottawa and it is closer than Toronto airport, who had no issues doing this. You can land anywhere in Canada. Proof of leaving could be as simple as the sponsor showing that they live in Ottawa or wherever on their drivers license.
Anyone can be refused landing in Quebec if they don't have a CSQ, as per Quebec's agreement with the federal government to select their own immigrants. It is up to the border officer to decide whether to land them or not. Some people have been refused landing in this situation, so I'm simply advising of the possibility.

mhook

Nov 17, 2014
Hi all, I have a question about our returned application.

My husband (Canadian) and I (Amercan) applied inland on Sep 3 2014. We got AOR on Oct 3 2014. We just received our ENTIRE package back with a letter dated Nov 12 2014. The letter says that our IMM 1344 is outdated (it was) and that we needed to submit the current (Aug 2014) form. We plan on doing this and getting it back in the mail to CPC-M tomorrow (Nov 18 2014).

We are confused and panicking, so here are my questions:
1. My police record check is dated Jul 27 2014. Apparently they're only good for 3 months after you receive them, so it was current when we sent in our app the FIRST time, but during the 2 AND A HALF MONTHS it took CIC to realize one of our forms was outdated, it expired. Same goes for my medical exam (Jul 2014 also). If we send our app back with the letter they sent us, the corrected/current IMM 1344 form, and our own letter of explanation, will our app be denied or returned AGAIN? Or are the police/medical forms still good because of the date we originally sent our package in? All the other forms in our original app appear to be current.

2. We paid the total $1040 fee online by Credit Card on Sep 3 2014, the day we mailed the app. The credit card was charged immediately. The proof of payment forms are in our original app that they sent back to us. Can we just keep them in the package or do we have to pay AGAIN? I hope not.

3. When we send the app back, is it going to take another month to get AOR again, and another month and a half after that for them to review it and see if anything is outdated AGAIN? Everything is 100% complete and current now, but I worry the forms will be updated/outdated while it's sitting in the box collecting dust.

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING. Please help!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. I would send the out of date PCC and hope they accept it. They will contact you if you need to provide a new one.
2. No - you don't have to pay the fee again.
3. Yes - you should unfortunately expect that your application will be treated as a brand new application since the entire package was returned.

TWarbus

Nov 17, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-09-2014
File Transfer...
08-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
has anyone NOT gotten notification of sponsorship approval????

I filed in July 2014 and heard nothing about being approved even though they are now processing application received in September.

plz help!

rigmarole9000

Oct 13, 2014
I'm currently in America, planning to submit the application inland, and I scheduled an appointment with the nearest panel physician for the medical exam. I was told I should bring five "passport-sized photos" and a IME or UMI or UCI number. If I go to a photographer and have five photographs taken in one session, is that okay? And, how do I obtain a IME or UMI or UCI number, if I need one?