Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
What is this "Updated Information Chart"?
Where can I get it from ? And where do I need to send it? To ISB or LVO? By email or by mail?

PS: I got PPR2 only. My VO is LVO and PP needs to send the local VO Islamabd

Kokone

Nov 11, 2014
Hi, my name is Koko. I am currently attending OCAD University as a full-time student and is now in my third year. I will be graduating in April, 2016. I am a permanent resident in Canada and am going to apply for citizenship next January.
My boyfriend and I are thinking about getting married after I graduate from university and we are also thinking of using common law in the future since we are moving in together from next January. He is now on his second visitor visa and it is going to expire on February 21st. We are both in Toronto now. His parents are supporting and will continue supporting his stay in Canada, is it possible for him to renew his visitor visa again? Also is it possible for him to renew his visa for more than 6 months?

Nov 13, 2014
This is a question regarding spousal sponsorship. As you know there are two steps (one set of forms for sponsor to fill and the other set of forms and requirements for the spouse in Pakistan to fulfill).

Is it true that the sponsored person must fill all the forms and send to the sponsor and the entire package must be submitted at the same time in Canada? Does that mean medical and police clearance have to be done even before the application is filed?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
volunteer-Hammad said:
This is a question regarding spousal sponsorship. As you know there are two steps (one set of forms for sponsor to fill and the other set of forms and requirements for the spouse in Pakistan to fulfill).

Is it true that the sponsored person must fill all the forms and send to the sponsor and the entire package must be submitted at the same time in Canada? Does that mean medical and police clearance have to be done even before the application is filed?
Yes - the entire package must be submitted together (both parts). Yes - you should include the medical and police clearances.

rhtareq

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
hi everyone
i passed eligibiliti on 6th November, after how many days should i ask for gcm notes? and please share the procudere of asking gcm notes.

tannygirl

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/10/2014
AOR Received.
03/01/2015 SA................: 13/01/2015
File Transfer...
13/01/2015 AOR2.............: 01/02/2015
Med's Request
21/08/2015
Med's Done....
28/01/2014 Re-medical Done: 25/08/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/11/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/11/2015
LANDED..........
Very soon!
Ye
volunteer-Hammad said:

Yes you have to include the entire list of
Documents that they've asked for on your country specific instruction guide.
Get medical last just before submitting as that expires in 1 year.

Good luck!

Nov 13, 2014
Hi all, Need your help!
I have a complex situation going on. I have a double citizenship, Argentine-Italian. I currently live in the UK, previously lived in Italy and previously in Argentina.
October of last year I met my current Canadian Girlfriend in Italy while travelling. She visited me about 3 times and then moved to the UK with me. She has been here for about two months living with me and working but now we both want to go back to Canada to Work. She wants to go early next year (so soon, considering we're at mid Nov). I though I was going to easily be able to get a Spouse visa but it is not that simple.
Which is the easiest most effective on my situation to apply and get good chances of getting it approved?

THANKS YOU ALL!
Tom

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinkfloydcamel said:
Hi all, Need your help!
I have a complex situation going on. I have a double citizenship, Argentine-Italian. I currently live in the UK, previously lived in Italy and previously in Argentina.
October of last year I met my current Canadian Girlfriend in Italy while travelling. She visited me about 3 times and then moved to the UK with me. She has been here for about two months living with me and working but now we both want to go back to Canada to Work. She wants to go early next year (so soon, considering we're at mid Nov). I though I was going to easily be able to get a Spouse visa but it is not that simple.
Which is the easiest most effective on my situation to apply and get good chances of getting it approved?

THANKS YOU ALL!
Tom
Since you have only been living together for 2 months, a common-law sponsorship application is obviously not an option (need 1 full year of cohabiting to be eligible). The only option for you now is to get married and have her sponsor you as her spouse. If she is a Canadian citizen (and not just a Canadian permanent resident) she can sponsor you while living abroad, as soon as you are married. She could then return to Canada and once your PR is approved, you simply travel to Canada to `land' as a PR.

The only other option would be for you to come with her and hope to enter Canada as a visitor. If you are allowed entry into Canada, you could continue to live together and once you have reached the 1 year (taking into consideration the time living together in the UK), you could then apply as common-law...but the logistics of that seem to be less than ideal, IMHO.

Good luck!

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
pinkfloydcamel said:
Hi all, Need your help!

THANKS YOU ALL!
Tom
Ponga pretty much summed it up for you. You don't have many options because you haven't been living together long enough. You would have to get married to have her sponsor you by early next year and honestly a marriage with just knowing someone 2 months is probably going to raise red flags with Canadian Immigration. In order to be able to come to Canada early next year (I am assuming this new year 2015) you will probably have to come as a visitor and continue living together to get the 1 year then apply as common-law. Either way, common-law or Marriage, it will take some time to process.

luandiep

Nov 13, 2014
Hi all. I need your help.
I am going to sponsor my wife in Vietnam. She went to IOM office in Hochiminh city to have them fill out all form.
On the Generic Application form for Canada (IMM0008), IOM officer states that I am (the sponsor) the dependant and they indicate the total number of family members included in the application as "2".
According to the Guide 3999: "If you are being sponsored as a member of the family class, your spouse or common-law partner (except where your spouse or common-law partner is the sponsor) must be included in your application as a family member.", I think I can not be included in her application because I am the sponsor.
I point it out to IOM officer whom filling the form for my wife but she denied and said that she had been filed hundreds for application. She said I must be included in my wife Generic Application.
I am very frustrate and not sure which is right. Would some expert here help me to clarify this matter please?
Many thanks.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
luandiep said:
Hi all. I need your help.
I am going to sponsor my wife in Vietnam. She went to IOM office in Hochiminh city to have them fill out all form.
On the Generic Application form for Canada (IMM0008), IOM officer states that I am (the sponsor) the dependant and they indicate the total number of family members included in the application as "2".
According to the Guide 3999: "If you are being sponsored as a member of the family class, your spouse or common-law partner (except where your spouse or common-law partner is the sponsor) must be included in your application as a family member.", I think I can not be included in her application because I am the sponsor.
I point it out to IOM officer whom filling the form for my wife but she denied and said that she had been filed hundreds for application. She said I must be included in my wife Generic Application.
I am very frustrate and not sure which is right. Would some expert here help me to clarify this matter please?
Many thanks.
Question 3 on IMM0008 I answered ONE (1) because on the guide it states:

"If you are being sponsored as a member of the family class, your spouse or common-law partner (except where your spouse or common-law partner is the sponsor) must be included in your application as a family member."

However, I included my husband's name under question 13 on form IMM0008 where it asks if you are Married and then it asks for your spouses name.

CIC hasn't told me I need to submit any new forms because of a mistake. So I am assuming I did it correctly. My husband read the guide as well and we both agreed it was the correct answer.

samkk84

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept 2013
AOR Received.
sept 2013
File Transfer...
Transferred from Islamabad to London in Jan 2014
Med's Done....
May 2013
Passport Req..
23-12-2014
Hello All,

I am doing research on reasons why people do or do not use lawyers for their immigration applications.

Would appreciate if you could fill this in. It will take less than 2 minutes of your time.

Thanks in advance!!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1I1QnwL3Ugp0LrUNMQlXtS8qPwt-uzfzXGifMPTIGnPQ/viewform?usp=send_form

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
pinkfloydcamel said:
Depending on your age, IEC is also an option. The Italy program should open up again around Jan. It's a one year permit that would allow you to stay in Canada for a year and work for 6 months of that. You guys could apply for sponsorship after becoming common-law in Sept 2015.