Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
amikety said:
Should I link you a guide to sponsor your mother-in-law now?
No need. One of the many wonderful things about my wife is that she knows that her mother is a pain in the ass.

The best thing about my mother-in-law is that she lives 8,000 miles away...

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
IvanP said:
No need. One of the many wonderful things about my wife is that she knows that her mother is a pain in the ass.

The best thing about my mother-in-law is that she lives 8,000 miles away...
That's something your wife and my husband have in common. Unfortunately, my MIL is a short bus ride away. And she's already a PR. (My husband is actually half American, half Canadian too. If his parents had bothered to get his US citizenship, our lives would be a lot easier right now!)

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
I have amazing mother and mother inlaw...

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No i dont wanna sponsor my inlaws, they hv visa n they always fight with us when they r here. But my husband is really nice. I m waiting for next steps of spouse application n i just got confirmation of receiving the mail. But i dont know when they would approve me. If u my friendz know about steps n also wannq know dp they really come to home n check everything.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Baby1990 said:
No i dont wanna sponsor my inlaws, they hv visa n they always fight with us when they r here. But my husband is really nice. I m waiting for next steps of spouse application n i just got confirmation of receiving the mail. But i dont know when they would approve me. If u my friendz know about steps n also wannq know dp they really come to home n check everything.
If the visa office has doubts about your marriage, they will ask for an interview. And if you have separate addresses while you are both living in Canada, that's going to raise big red flags and make it very likely they will ask for an interview. Based on what you've told us here, I don't think that you would succeed in an interview.

On that note, you need to be careful. It appears from the nervous tone of your posts here that you claimed on the application that you and your husband are living together so that your marriage would appear more real/legitimate for the purposes of the application, and that's a misrepresentation that will cause a lot of problems for both of you if CIC finds out. Someone else can tell you the potential penalties I'm sure.

There are probably no good options for you. If your marriage can be salvaged, withdrawing your application now, when things are not going well, could doom it. If you don't withdraw the application, your husband might pretend everything is fine until he gets PR, which would leave you with the support obligation for 3 years.

Honestly, it seems like you need to figure out your relationship more than you need immigration advice. Figure out the relationship, and the answers to your immigration questions will be obvious.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just have last question friends.
U all are right, right now i m totally confused bcz his parents attitude is totally changed. If i take my application back, daying that we dont wanna process it right now. Then can he get pr on his basis as he would b eligible to apply under pnp program nxt yr as student. Or weather can i dponsor him in my near future. Bcz honesyly i m not sure now n he left home temporarily n i dont wanna make conflictd for my life in canada. I wud b honest towards cic. Plz reply.
N thanx

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
He would be welcome to apply under PNP if you withdraw your spousal application. You might have some trouble explaining to him why you cancelled it though.

If you're caught lying to CIC, it's called "misrepresentation." Your husband could face deportation and a two year ban from Canada. No visit, no sponsoring, etc. He could also face needing Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) after the 2 year ban, even if you sponsored him. ARC costs about $400 (I think) on top of the other fees. It's really not a good idea to lie to CIC.

Plus, if you lie to CIC to get PR, your PR is never safe. CIC can go back, even years later, and strip you of PR and deport you. It's considered fraud. CIC does win these court cases.

Do not lie to CIC. If you have lied, thinking it was minor - fix it or withdraw the application. If you lied about living together when you are truly living apart, withdrawing and allowing him to apply through PNP (if he qualifies) sounds like a good option to explore. Don't rush off and do it without exploring your options.

It sounds to me like you need an experience, qualified immigration lawyer to help you. You're wading into legal issues and no one here (that I'm aware of) is an immigration lawyer and/or qualified to give advice on immigration in a legal sense. When I say qualified, I don't mean whoever is cheapest. You need someone with a case history, someone that has been to court and argued cases successfully. Ask to see their history.

As far as your in-laws go, they will be a pain in your behind as long as you let them. This is your life and in Canada, you have a great deal of control of your life. Put your foot down and deal with it. Complaining to strangers on the internet isn't going to get you very far. Looking your husband in the eye and saying "You need to tell your parents to butt out" works a lot better.

For many people, you have to demand respect.

LISA GUIA

May 24, 2013
Hi leon, thank you very much for your post. Hope you are around cause i need to ask you something!
Im italian and my partner canadian and we decide to apply for the common-law sponsorship inland once im there in Canada, can you please tell me the documents i might need to do here in Italy before to leave?
I already done the criminal records, the birth certificate and a photo legalization. I need also a medical check up?
They told me that all these docs , after the legalization, they need to be legalize through the Canadian embassy in Rome....is it true?
For the translation can i do it once im there or has to be done here in Italy?
Thank you Smiley

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
LISA GUIA said:
Hi leon, thank you very much for your post. Hope you are around cause i need to ask you something!
Im italian and my partner canadian and we decide to apply for the common-law sponsorship inland once im there in Canada, can you please tell me the documents i might need to do here in Italy before to leave?
I already done the criminal records, the birth certificate and a photo legalization. I need also a medical check up?
They told me that all these docs , after the legalization, they need to be legalize through the Canadian embassy in Rome....is it true?
For the translation can i do it once im there or has to be done here in Italy?
Thank you Smiley
Translations can be done by any qualified translator. So you can have that done in Canada if you wish.

The medical examination can be done in Canada (and it's usually cheaper) or at any other authorized Panel Physician in the world.

Specifics for documents are in the region specific rules, so make sure you read those as well.

Mrs.

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 18 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 8 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 9 2012
Med's Done....
July 19 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 28 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5 2013
LANDED..........
June 19 2013
Hi,

My husband successfully landed in Montreal on June 19th. Today I looked at his CoPR and noticed there is a statement under the "conditions" section. I was surprised to read the statement that he has to live with his sponsor (me) for 2 years in a conjugal relationship.

Our application was received by CIC-M on October 18th 2012. Why would we have to meet the conditional PR rule?

Thanks

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Mrs. said:
Hi,

My husband successfully landed in Montreal on June 19th. Today I looked at his CoPR and noticed there is a statement under the "conditions" section. I was surprised to read the statement that he has to live with his sponsor (me) for 2 years in a conjugal relationship.

Our application was received by CIC-M on October 18th 2012. Why would we have to meet the conditional PR rule?

Thanks
When did it arrive at the Embassy responsible for his PR processing?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Mrs. said:
Hi,

Thanks
The lock-in date may not have been 18 October. Even though CPC-M received it on 18 October, it may not have been "received" in their computer system until 25 October, when the new conditional PR was introduced.

In our case the application arrived on 6 March but wasn't "locked in" until 12 March.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
computergeek said:
The lock-in date may not have been 18 October. Even though CPC-M received it on 18 October, it may not have been "received" in their computer system until 25 October, when the new conditional PR was introduced.

In our case the application arrived on 6 March but wasn't "locked in" until 12 March.

I would have thought that the date that would matter would be the date it was received by the embassy doing the PR application. It arriving in Mississauga is only the stage 1 process.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I would have thought that the date that would matter would be the date it was received by the embassy doing the PR application. It arriving in Mississauga is only the stage 1 process.
Nope. The lock-in date is actually the date received by CPC-M. You can see it listed in your GCMS notes under "lock-in date". I actually went and looked at our GCMS notes to confirm my recollection. Six days after courier delivery.