05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
hockeyfan said:
Is PMM an official authority on all immigration matters? I am just curious because it does seem like PR applications are being impacted even if it is indirectly. PMM's post doesn't seem really relevant to me because PR applications are slowing down in terms of processing.
PPM has been on this forum since it started. If I remember correctly, he works within the system I believe.

That said, I think no matter if there was a strike or not, the summer tends to slow WAAAY down.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
hockeyfan said:
Is PMM an official authority on all immigration matters? I am just curious because it does seem like PR applications are being impacted even if it is indirectly. PMM's post doesn't seem really relevant to me because PR applications are slowing down in terms of processing.
I would be surprised if there is an indirect effect - even if it's morale.

Parker raises a good point. Lots of people take vacation time during the summer. More vacations = less people working.

Adam213

Jun 13, 2013
Hi guys
I can t check for my status online in cic website from I apply I have 7 months i can t check it,my application go from Missussaga to visa office Paris and they ask for medical and RPRF and still can t check,I give UCI nember and application No,and nothing Always it up this for me....
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
amikety said:
I would be surprised if there is an indirect effect - even if it's morale.

Parker raises a good point. Lots of people take vacation time during the summer. More vacations = less people working.
I totally agree with you in regards to vacation and thanks for replying. But I would think it's more a combination of factors that's causing delays in PR applications and that's including the strike right now. News reports and the CIC website say this will cause delays for permanent residence apps.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
If there was no impact then why strike? If there is no impact then why would CIC post the notice of the strike on their website. I don't know who PPM is but all I can gather from what he/she has posted is that there are different unions for different bargaining units. So what? The bargaining unit for PAFSO's domestic counterpart may only be responsible for stage 1. Which is why they cannot give you any info on your application status once it goes to the Embassy.

There was also so other poster that said he KNEW someone on the inside that said the strike would be over the end of this week that just passed. The strike has now gone to the next elevated stage. Things will get much worse before they get better.

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
Adam, I had this same problem and the reason was that they assigned my husband a different UCI without advising me. I was using the UCI that I got from the Canadian Immigration in Ontario and I would keep getting the same message as you. Most frustrating. It was not until I got his interview request that I saw that he now had a different UCI. Can you email the office and ask about this possibility?

PeachNibbler

Adam213 said:
Hi guys
I can t check for my status online in cic website from I apply I have 7 months i can t check it,my application go from Missussaga to visa office Paris and they ask for medical and RPRF and still can t check,I give UCI nember and application No,and nothing Always it up this for me....
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

mhmh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore and then London (as I'm in London from 5years)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2012
AOR Received.
22/11/2012
File Transfer...
26/11/2022
Med's Done....
01/10/2012
Interview........
Request 16/07/14. Interview 23/07/14(London). Re-med 01/09/14
Passport Req..
23/09/14. Decision made : 20/10/14
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/14. Received : 22/10/14
LANDED..........
26/10/2014
Adam213 said:
Peachinbbler I email them MANYTIME and they ignore my emailS....
Hi Adam and Peachnibbler,
I have the same prob like u guys..... i applied 8months ago.. Since last 2weeks I cnt login my ecas.....till then it was ok....actually I send them a new copy of my passport where my surname has been changed according to my husband's surname...the day they updated my surname on ecase since then i am unable to login...but my husband ecase is ok....I emailed them but they did not reply :(

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Adam213 said:
Peachinbbler I email them MANYTIME and they ignore my emailS....
That's fairly common. Most VOs won't respond until your application has already been approved or there is a problem with your file that you have pointed out. You just have to wait, unfortunately.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
E-cas will go down every once in a while. I would not rely on it to be current.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once the Applicant's file goes to the respective visa office where it will be reviewed, the applicant is given a new UCI number (please note that all applications be it a skilled worker, sponsorship, tourist visa is given a UCI number). So, after the applicant is given a UCI number that applicant can log into ecas using the UCI number and that applicant's details such as the applicant's date of birth, place of birth, last name etc. Everyone's UCI is different.

If you are the sponsor, and the file has been transferred to the visa office for review, then you are already approved as the sponsor. So, in ecas if the sponsor's UCI and details are used, it shows decision made (i.e. you are approved as an sponsor). But, if you use applicant's 's UCI and the applicant's details, then ecas will show that application has been received. Do not mix one person's UCI with another person's details.

You can also use the File number and applicant's details to log-in. Note that, when Mississauga case processing centre sent you the notice of stage 1 approval (sponsor approval), they gave a file number on the letter. This file number remains the same.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friendz,

Plz help me. As from my lasts post u all know that I am a dependent child of my dad n now married after my pr. I applied to sponsor my husband.

My dad is insisting us to go back india and get married now. We did marriage in Canada only. he thinks Canadian marriage doesn't worth.

I sent that file on 31st may and received email from cic saying last friday that they receive my application but do u know how long they would take to send me confirmation of sponsorship approval.
If u can send me all steps of process. i applied outland canada.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Baby1990 said:
Hi friendz,

Plz help me. As from my lasts post u all know that I am a dependent child of my dad n now married after my pr. I applied to sponsor my husband.

My dad is insisting us to go back india and get married now. We did marriage in Canada only. he thinks Canadian marriage doesn't worth.

I sent that file on 31st may and received email from cic saying last friday that they receive my application but do u know how long they would take to send me confirmation of sponsorship approval.
If u can send me all steps of process. i applied outland Canada.
First you can tell your Dad from me that if he doesn't like the system in Canada he can go back to India himself.

As a PR you cannot sponsor someone if you are out of the country. I would wait until your husband has landed and then go back to India for a ceremony there.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianJeepGuy said:
First you can tell your Dad from me that if he doesn't like the system in Canada he can go back to India himself.

As a PR you cannot sponsor someone if you are out of the country. I would wait until your husband has landed and then go back to India for a ceremony there.
Well said 8)

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friendzzz,
Plz help me.

I want to take my sponsorship spouse file back, i just got confirmation that that they received this file last friday.
after marriage n applying for pr after my husband's parents dont want us to live together. It just seems that they want his son's pr and wanna come here to canada after that. they said that they would kick me out when their son would get pr.

I am tensed. plz tell me what would happen if i take my file back. they ditch me. i don't wanna loose my status in canada. i live here with my family. my husband is not living with me now. he is in separate home. i am scared bcz these ppl are not good and made me fool n did marriage fraud to get pr.

I wanna take my file back tomorrow, and thinking to say all to cic call center that we are separate now. is it okay.

I am really tensed, plz help me. and can i sponsor anyone after that in my life or not.