13-11-2012 Passed the Eligibility ;)
Passport Req..
27-12-2011 sent the same day
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2013 (DM: 28-03-2013)
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
tuyen said:
In that case, he better call quickly and speak to someone to make sure that they didn't act on his e-mail.

But I wouldn't be too worried because I'm pretty sure they won't cancel the whole application based on one e-mail - especially considering that the e-mail was sent to the wrong place.

There are probably certain forms that have to be filled out and signed before they would actually cancel everything.

Update: Okay, here's what I found in the sponsorship application guide:

May I cancel my undertaking?

So if your husband sent his e-mail to THAT address, then he better send another one pretty damn quick, or better yet, get on the phone and make sure they didn't act on it.
Thanks

this is what their email said:

Please be informed that we have not received any notice from cic-m advising that the sponsorship you filed for Ms xxxx has been cancelled.Thus her permanent resident application is still in process at our office. However since you made a request to cancel the sponsorship you must inform cic-m to inform of this decision to discontinue with the sponsorship. If we receive notice from cic-m that the sponsorship has been cancelled, we will not be able to continue to processing of this application.

Please tell me should I worry? And please further explain to me about this does this mean that right now they stopped it? Until further notice or they are still processing it and will stop till they get a word from cic-m?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
emrn said:
Thanks

Please be informed that we have not received any notice from cic-m advising that the sponsorship you filed for Ms xxxx has been cancelled.Thus her permanent resident application is still in process at our office. However since you made a request to cancel the sponsorship you must inform cic-m to inform of this decision to discontinue with the sponsorship. If we receive notice from cic-m that the sponsorship has been cancelled, we will not be able to continue to processing of this application.

Please tell me should I worry? And please further explain to me about this does this mean that right now they stopped it? Until further notice or they are still processing it and will stop till they get a word from cic-m?
When did this happen? It sounds like he didn't email the right people anyways. It's probably why they want to interview him.

msbcd

Oct 22, 2012
Hi,

I have a question to add on to my previous one. The local MP informed me that there is a minimum wait of 12 months for stage 1 and then another 8 months for stage two. I submitted my application March 19th and my husband received a letter of eligibility in July. We have not yet heard of anything else. Is it 12 months from the day the Ottawa processing office received it which was October 4th or from the day they received it in March?

Thanking you in advance,
Bianca

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
emrn said:

The sponsorship must be withdrawn through Mississauga. They are saying that they have not received a request from Mississauga that the sponsor has canceled the sponsorship. They won't stop processing (though they might delay it a couple of months) based upon what has been said.

It sounds like your husband has already done what I would suggest: advise the VO that his previous withdrawal was NOT what he wanted, that he has NOT requested a withdrawal with Mississauga and that ideally he wants completion of processing your file as quickly as possible in order to eliminate the protracted separation between you that has created this stressful situation in the first place.

Good luck!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
msbcd said:
I have a question to add on to my previous one. The local MP informed me that there is a minimum wait of 12 months for stage 1 and then another 8 months for stage two. I submitted my application March 19th and my husband received a letter of eligibility in July. We have not yet heard of anything else. Is it 12 months from the day the Ottawa processing office received it which was October 4th or from the day they received it in March?
There's no process within CIC that currently posts as taking 12 months for stage 1. 8 months for stage 2 sounds like Inland, in which case Stage 1 should be 6 months, but if your file was sent to Ottawa then you sound like an Outland case - and early July stage 1 for Outland filed in March sounds about right - they fell behind but have caught back up and stage 1 Outland time is now just over a month. Nobody knows how long Ottawa will take, but some people with similar timelines to yours have completed the process.

Have you requested your case notes through the CIC ATIP office?

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011 (September 02,2011)
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
27-07-2011/ remeds done 19-12-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
Thanks, my husband already emailed them to disregard his previous email and to still continue the sponsorship. The separation and all the stress that came with this process just really got to him, to us. I really hope that they expedite the process since all I am waiting for is a remedical. We really want to spend Christmas together, and if possible my birthday.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
emrn said:
Thanks, my husband already emailed them to disregard his previous email and to still continue the sponsorship. The separation and all the stress that came with this process just really got to him, to us. I really hope that they expedite the process since all I am waiting for is a remedical. We really want to spend Christmas together, and if possible my birthday.
I suspect Christmas would be a miracle at this point. If your medicals are not 15 months old, they can ask for an extension of them (another year). Otherwise, you'll need to go get new medicals done and that will take at least a month. Plus, they may want updated PCCs as well (they're probably over a year old too).

But you are close - good luck!

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011 (September 02,2011)
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
27-07-2011/ remeds done 19-12-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
computergeek said:
I suspect Christmas would be a miracle at this point. If your medicals are not 15 months old, they can ask for an extension of them (another year). Otherwise, you'll need to go get new medicals done and that will take at least a month. Plus, they may want updated PCCs as well (they're probably over a year old too).

But you are close - good luck!
Thanks yeah that was what the vo that interviewed me told me since my medicals are more than 15 months old they are gonna ask me for remedicals. I know it would be a miracle but I do believe in miracles and the power of prayers. Thanks for taking the time in answering my questions. :)

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
can some one tell me if there is a difference between security screening and back ground check??? or are they words used interchangeably?

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
what is the difference between security and background checks and which one is done by outside agencies and which one is done by the embassy????anyone??

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
niloogoogooli said:
can some one tell me if there is a difference between security screening and back ground check??? or are they words used interchangeably?
In my use, security screening is what CSIS does and background checks are the RCMP check + CSIS check.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
JuniorMe said:
Hi guys!

I am PR residing now in Manitoba. I received my PR November 2011. I have a girlfriend in the Philippines for a couple of years. She got pregnant when i got my visa. She is not declared common-law or conjugal partner on my application. We've planned to get married after i settled here on Canada. Then our child was born March 2012. Now i am planning to get married in the Philippines and later sponsor them as my spouse and dependent. I saw the new conditional permanent residence measure in the CIC website effective October 25, 2012.

I don`t know if i will able to sponsor them after we got married. The rules are confusing me.
Is our child proof that we have a relationship in more than a year? What will happen with my residency?
Is it best to sponsor them on family-class if we marry? Or is it better if they apply on a different stream, say Provincial nominee or Federal-skilled worker stream?

I don`t know what to do next. I hope you guys shed a light in my case.

Thanks in advance.
The new rule says that you must live with the person you are sponsoring after that person becomes a Permanent Resident in Canada so that should not be a problem to file an application. Now, here's what I see. You had a girlfriend while processing your application and CIC may want you to prove that you were not living together with her for at least 12 months (that would have made her a common-law partner) at the time you filed your application (I am assuming that was a Skilled worker application). This is because any common-law or conjugal partner must be listed on the application even if they are not planning to come to Canada with you. This is to avoid people to take advantage of the system (single-person applications take less time to process). If you can prove you were not living together at the time you filed your application you might be ok to go. It is obvious, however, that you definitely had a relationship with your girlfriend during the processing of your application as your child was born less than 9 months after you were approved as a PR. If there is no impediment to marry her that is the best option. Common-law requires the couple to have been living together for 12 months. Also, while spousal sponsorship does not requere minimum income, sponsorship for a child does. You must prove you have been making enough money in Canada (I believe it is $22,000 per year) in order to sponsor a child (and you must have been making that amount of money for at least 12 months). So it is not only a matter of settling in Canada but have been there at least one year making the required income.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Kurdistan-kazhal said:
what is the difference between security and background checks and which one is done by outside agencies and which one is done by the embassy????anyone??
As far as I know, the embassy only does verification of information. The security checks are done by CSIS and there are Canadian criminality checks done by RCMP.

They do additional checks because sometimes people might be involved in serious crimes that do not show up in criminality checks. For example, if you are involved in genocides or terrorist activity, its quite likely that won't show up in an RCMP check or on your police clearance certificates, but WILL show up in a CSIS background check.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
JuniorMe said:
I am PR residing now in Manitoba. I received my PR November 2011. I have a girlfriend in the Philippines for a couple of years. She got pregnant when i got my visa. She is not declared common-law or conjugal partner on my application. We've planned to get married after i settled here on Canada. Then our child was born March 2012. Now i am planning to get married in the Philippines and later sponsor them as my spouse and dependent. I saw the new conditional permanent residence measure in the CIC website effective October 25, 2012.
Since your child was born after you landed, the child may be sponsored by you.

JuniorMe said:
I don`t know if i will able to sponsor them after we got married. The rules are confusing me.
Is our child proof that we have a relationship in more than a year? What will happen with my residency?
The rules are simple: if you were in a qualifying relationship with your girlfriend at the time you landed, she is excluded as a member of the family class.

What is a qualifying relationship? (1) You were married; (2) you had lived together in a conjugal relationship for a period of 12 months.

It doesn't sound like (1) applies, so the question is if (2) applied. Were you living together for the 12 months prior to you landing in Canada? If not, you're fine. If you were, then you cannot sponsor her because she is legally excluded from consideration in the family class.

JuniorMe said:
Is it best to sponsor them on family-class if we marry? Or is it better if they apply on a different stream, say Provincial nominee or Federal-skilled worker stream?
If you enter into a qualifying relationship with her after you land (e.g., you get married) then you may sponsor her in the family class. Since your child was born after you landed, you may sponsor the child in the family class - regardless of the family status of your partner.

So bottom line question: did you live with your girlfriend for a continuous period of one year prior to your becoming a permanent resident of Canada? This is the same question they ask when you landed; I know they made me initial the answer to that question on my COPR precisely because an incorrect answer has a profound effect on the ability to sponsor in the future.

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
so if the background checks are done then how long does the security checks take.....???? i have a letter saying the security checks are done from csis but the are awating background check results...so confusinggg

computergeek said:
As far as I know, the embassy only does verification of information. The security checks are done by CSIS and there are Canadian criminality checks done by RCMP.

They do additional checks because sometimes people might be involved in serious crimes that do not show up in criminality checks. For example, if you are involved in genocides or terrorist activity, its quite likely that won't show up in an RCMP check or on your police clearance certificates, but WILL show up in a CSIS background check.