Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Kurdistan-kazhal said:
so if the background checks are done then how long does the security checks take.....???? i have a letter saying the security checks are done from csis but the are awating background check results...so confusinggg
At this point you may wish to order your case notes, because this could mean pretty much anything - it's fairly vague.

One thing that DOES happen is for CIC to blame CSIS for delays. CIC gets in hot water every time they are challenged on this front because it's not considered to be an acceptable excuse - but they keep doing it.

At some point you will go well beyond normal processing time. When that happens you have the option to have your attorney file for a Writ of Mandamus from the Federal Court. There are very few actual Mandamus cases listed on CanLii.org because what usually happens is that the very filing of the leave application acts as a catalyst for CIC to wrap up your application - it's easier than trying to explain to a Federal Judge why they are dragging out your case. So, the VO completes your file, your grounds for Mandamus are undermined and leave is not granted. Or leave IS granted under some sort of "public policy" argument (those cases that are granted leave seem to generally fall into this category.)

Mandamus is not a normal step to take - it's really for cases where CIC is dragging their feet and giving you meaningless answers like "we're waiting for background checks". If normal processing time is 2 years and it's been 30 months, you're a candidate for this path.

lucky4canada

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04th Dec, 2012
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
19th Dec, 2012
IELTS Request
N.A.
File Transfer...
15th Jan, 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Passport Req..
28th feb, 2013
Hi Leon,

Pls tell me do I have to write Name, DOB & Date photo taken at the back of photographs which I am sending with immigration forms. If yes whether on all of them or only on five as mentioned in FSW immigration guide.

jaimevetero

Oct 24, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2nd, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 9th, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 3rd, 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 16th, 2012
Med's Request
July 9th, 2012
Med's Done....
July 27th, 2012
Interview........
March 26th, 2013
Passport Req..
March 26th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 16th, 2013
LANDED..........
May 2nd, 2013
Hi all! I am an april applicant, applying from Santiago, and today i got an email from the embasy requesting for the folowing:

-Update the following forms (please read carefully the instructions on each question before answering)

IMM0008 Generic form for Canada: IMM0008ENU_2D.PDF
IMM5406 Additional Family Information: IMM5406E.PDF
Schedule A Background/Declaration: IMM5669E.PDF

- Chilean Police Certificate (Certificado de Antecedentes de fecha reciente) for every member of the family 18 years of age and over.

- Hoja de vida del conductor, for every member of the family 18 years of age and over, even if never issued a driver ' s license. This document can only be obtained in Chile, therefore you (principal applicant) must send a notarized authorisation to a relative or a friend in Chile to obtain the document at the Registro Civil e Identificación: xxxxxxxxxx

We are unable to continue the processing of your application without these documents.

Ive heard they ask for the police certificate and the driver license's history at the end of te Process. however, they didnt ask me for my passport :( is it a godo o bad sign?

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Computergeek

I would like to ask you this question:
Inland application,if i get approval for the 2nd stage,am I going to pay another fee for the residency?
I don't remember if I asked you that question.
Is it all the 2nd get process in Ottawa,it doesn't matter if its Outland or inland?

Tj777

Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
Hi good day to all..just want to ask about the documents such as joint bank accounts,property owned by couple and insurances with the names of each other as beneficiary..are those requirements needed?.We live in different countries and we just newly married..thanks you hope someone can help me..God blesss.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaimevetero said:
Ive heard they ask for the police certificate and the driver license's history at the end of te Process.
I'm not sure where you "heard" that. All of the necessary documents should've been included WITH your application. That's why there's a document checklist, to make sure that you give them everything required so that they don't have to nag you for additional information that should've been included in the first place.

jaimevetero said:
however, they didnt ask me for my passport :( is it a godo o bad sign?
They're not going to ask you for your passport until your application has been approved. Right now you're a long way from that because the processing of your file has been stopped. You have to give them the required information, and then they'll continue processing it. I would estimate you're looking at another 6-12 months at a minimum. I don't know how long it will take you to get your police clearance certificates, but in some countries those can take several months. Then after you have them, count on another few months for your application to be looked at again, because right now it's sitting at the bottom of the pile. I would suggest that you get started sooner rather than later if you want to be in Canada by next Christmas.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tj777 said:
Hi good day to all..just want to ask about the documents such as joint bank accounts,property owned by couple and insurances with the names of each other as beneficiary..are those requirements needed?.We live in different countries and we just newly married..thanks you hope someone can help me..God blesss.
Everything that you have which shows a genuine relationship will help.

The things you listed are technically not REQUIRED, but the more evidence you give them, the better the chances will be for a successful outcome of your application.

Tj777

Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
Thank you tuyen. :)

Yuri Gagarin

Nov 19, 2012
Hello,

I met a woman from Colombia online and will be visiting her in a few months. She would like to marry and move to Canada. Its far from being decided obviously but I need to do my research.

IF we were to marry in Colombia is it true that upon arrival in Canada (assuming they're granted) I would be financially responsible for her for three years and her son (who is 11) for 10 years if the marriage fails? Also she has another son who is 21 and lives outside her country to attend University. I read that if she and her son collected social assistance after a divorce that I would have to pay it back. I'm a part-time single dad with my own kids who live with me 50% of the time and do not pay any support to my ex-wife because she earns as much as I do. The thought of supporting a child that isn't mine for 10 years is heavy and hard to fathom. I mean I don't think his real father pays a cent toward him at the moment.

If this is all true is there a better way? This could end up costing me $60,000-100,000 which would kill me.

Thanks

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yuri Gagarin said:
Hello,

I met a woman from Colombia online and will be visiting her in a few months. She would like to marry and move to Canada. Its far from being decided obviously but I need to do my research.

IF we were to marry in Colombia is it true that upon arrival in Canada (assuming they're granted) I would be financially responsible for her for three years and her son (who is 11) for 10 years if the marriage fails? Also she has another son who is 21 and lives outside her country to attend University. I read that if she and her son collected social assistance after a divorce that I would have to pay it back. I'm a part-time single dad with my own kids who live with me 50% of the time and do not pay any support to my ex-wife because she earns as much as I do. The thought of supporting a child that isn't mine for 10 years is heavy and hard to fathom. I mean I don't think his real father pays a cent toward him at the moment.

If this is all true is there a better way? This could end up costing me $60,000-100,000 which would kill me.

Thanks
Oh it's definitely true. That's why I always encourage people to REALLY REALLY get to know a person long before making any kind of long-term commitments, especially marriage and immigration.

Also, there are new rules that just went into effect last month whereby she would have to live with you for two years after she arrives in Canada. If the relationship ends during those two years, she won't get her PR status, so that's a good thing if it turns out she was just using you as an easy ticket into Canada. But the bad news is you would still be responsible for her during that initial three-year period, plus 10 years for her child, plus you'd be required to pay back ALL money that she would get if she ever ended up receiving social assistance.

So after you visit her and spend time with her, if it turns out that you love her, and she loves you for who you are (rather than your citizenship), then by all means, go for it and enjoy a life of happiness together.

jaimevetero

Oct 24, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2nd, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 9th, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 3rd, 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 16th, 2012
Med's Request
July 9th, 2012
Med's Done....
July 27th, 2012
Interview........
March 26th, 2013
Passport Req..
March 26th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 16th, 2013
LANDED..........
May 2nd, 2013
In chile getting that police and driver certificate takes just 5 minutes. Is a simply errand. And those forms I have to fill out are the same a filled in April. I don't know why they are askin for those forms again. So hopefully I'll be submitting the required docs tomorrow.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaimevetero said:
In chile getting that police and driver certificate takes just 5 minutes. Is a simply errand. And those forms I have to fill out are the same a filled in April. I don't know why they are askin for those forms again. So hopefully I'll be submitting the required docs tomorrow.
If they're asking you to fill out the same forms again, it means you made mistakes on the original forms.

Pay special attention to what is being asked on the forms, and double-check it for accuracy before submitting them.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yuri Gagarin said:
Thank-you Tuyen
Glad to be of help.

A couple of other things I wanted to mention. You said she has a young child and an older one who is 21 years old right now. Make sure she understands that you will NOT be able to sponsor the older child after he turns 22 because by that age, he's no longer considered to be a dependent. So if she wants to move to Canada with both of her children, you will have to file the paperwork pretty much immediately so that processing can begin prior to his 22nd birthday. After he turns 22, if he ever wants to come to Canada, he will have to do it on his own (either through a work visa, student visa, or spousal visa).

Also, if you want some information directly from the horse's mouth, here are two links to check out. The first one mentions briefly the new permanent resident rules, and the second one is the detailed sponsorship guide which outlines the responsibilities of the sponsor:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp

and

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Click on the link called "Guide to sponsorship [IMM 3900]" in Part 1.

That's basically your "User Manual" for being a sponsor. The specific parts relating to your obligations are in the section called "Length of Undertaking ", but it's a good idea to skim through the whole guide to get a sense of what's expected/required of you...and then if your relationship gets more serious, you can go back and read it more thoroughly.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Popo012 said:
I would like to ask you this question:
Inland application,if i get approval for the 2nd stage,am I going to pay another fee for the residency?
I don't remember if I asked you that question.
Is it all the 2nd get process in Ottawa,it doesn't matter if its Outland or inland?
You must pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) or have arranged for a loan for the fee in order to receive your COPR. If you have not paid that fee, you will need to pay it before you can land.

Inland applications are processed either in Vegreville or by the local CIC office. Your LANDING is done by a local CIC office.

Outland applications for Canada and the US are processed by Ottawa, but may be forwarded to other offices (for interviews) or for COPR issuance (LA).

The two streams are separate.