+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

dawnng

Dec 10, 2011
Hi all,

RE: Photos

I'm working on my application. Do we have to attach physical photos or can we include it in the attachment when we are answering the questions. Example, when I'm answering the question on "Did you and your sponsor go on outings and/or trips together?" I wrote about our outings and as I go along, I attach pictures of us taken together on the trips/outings and also describe about the outings, who was there, etc...will this be sufficient or do I have to attach the photos physically? Which means I will have to develop the photos and attached with my application.

Thanks and hope to hear from anyone soon! :)

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
dawnng said:
Hi all,

RE: Photos

I'm working on my application. Do we have to attach physical photos or can we include it in the attachment when we are answering the questions. Example, when I'm answering the question on "Did you and your sponsor go on outings and/or trips together?" I wrote about our outings and as I go along, I attach pictures of us taken together on the trips/outings and also describe about the outings, who was there, etc...will this be sufficient or do I have to attach the photos physically? Which means I will have to develop the photos and attached with my application.

Thanks and hope to hear from anyone soon! :)
I had a separate section on "relationship and marriage proof" and in it I had subsections. I wrote more than was on the form and included photos printed out on regular paper. In the form questions I answered with a short blurb and then included "see section XXX for more details" at the end. I did not attach any pages or photographs to the forms because there were two forms that asked for the same details - I referred both forms to the same section.

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
Does anyone know if any decisions on Permanent Residence have been made in Ottawa (CPP-O) yet (for U.S. applicants)?

edited to add:
looks like they had 12 decisions in the 12 months up to March 31, 2012:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/processing-times-stats-spouses-partners-t115138.0.html

fuqikuaile

Aug 14, 2012
"Now you need to decide if to apply outland or inland. If your spouse is not in Canada and can not get a visa to go to Canada, you must apply outland. That means that you will send your application to Mississauga and they will approve you as a sponsor. The time that takes is usually 1-2 months to but current processing times can be seen here:/process-in.asp#sponsorship After that, the application is forwarded to your local visa office. If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. "

How does one apply when both sponsor and spouse are currently living outside of Canada?

I want to sponsor my wife but since I am employed in her home country (China), I cannot provide details of my economic status in Canada, other than to say we have savings. My wife is pregnant and I am told that it will be fairly easy to make our child a Canadian though the Canadian embassy. In around four years time, when the child is of school-age, we would like to live in Canada. Any helpful advice is welcome. :)

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Hi Leon,
I have a question if you don't mind it.We received the ecap notes but have to idea how we can use it on line or check it out.

Would you be able to help me with this if you can?
Thanks
Micmac

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Hi.and how are you? I wrote earlier but had the wrong spelling. So this is what I need to know about as these were seny via e-mail
CAIPS/GCMS.
Also i see and read how they can read notes at will.
So would you be able to help me in this matter?
Thanking you in Advance
micmac101

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
micmac101 said:
Hi.and how are you? I wrote earlier but had the wrong spelling. So this is what I need to know about as these were seny via e-mail
CAIPS/GCMS.
Also i see and read how they can read notes at will.
So would you be able to help me in this matter?
Thanking you in Advance
micmac101
Send me the notes as a private message and I will see what I can figure out from them.

mystique1980

Jun 12, 2012
Hello guys! ;D

My husband is already approved as sponsor last August 13 and we are just waiting for my PPR. He is actually coming for vacation this september 2012 and we're planning to have a baby hopefully. In case I get pregnant will this affect our application? what procedures do we need to do undergo?

Thanks in advance! God bless us all!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
mystique1980 said:
Hello guys! ;D

My husband is already approved as sponsor last August 13 and we are just waiting for my PPR. He is actually coming for vacation this september 2012 and we're planning to have a baby hopefully. In case I get pregnant will this affect our application? what procedures do we need to do undergo?

Thanks in advance! God bless us all!
Why don't you wait and have the baby after you arrive here. A whole lot less paperwork.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Pleasant day everyone!

My husband has been approved as a sponsor and we are expecting my PPR maybe after few months and also my Visa. How long is the expiration date of the Visa? Coz we are planning to spend some time with the family for 6 months before going.

Your response is greatly appreciated! :)

sxy_bytch

Jun 7, 2011
Hi everyone,
im in the middle of doing the sponsorship app for my husband, on there its asking for my family and given name (same as on passport or travel documents) we recently got married and i have switch over all my bc carecard, bc id and sin card to his last name, only one i havent done and wont be doing until its expired is my passport, so do i need to apply for sponsorship under my maiden name or married name ??

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
sxy_bytch said:
Hi everyone,
im in the middle of doing the sponsorship app for my husband, on there its asking for my family and given name (same as on passport or travel documents) we recently got married and i have switch over all my bc carecard, bc id and sin card to his last name, only one i havent done and wont be doing until its expired is my passport, so do i need to apply for sponsorship under my maiden name or married name ??
You should do all your documents including your passport.
My wife and I had the same discussion but your name has been legally changed then your passport is no longer valid.
That is my understanding anyway.

sxy_bytch

Jun 7, 2011
Every other Id has been changed and just waiting to receive new cards in the mail... I want to make sure i do this application right so its not refused. But we are married so shouldn't i be using my married name ? As far as the passport does that mean i cant use it to cross the border next weekend?

Anin

Aug 15, 2012
PLease help... Spousal sponsorship

Hi everyone ! I'm new here. I'm really confused what to take, the in land application or the outside canada application because my husband is a PR and I have a valid work permit here in canada. He's going to sponsor me.
I'm thinking is it possible for us to apply for the outside Canada application? Can I still stay and work in Canada during the processing time? Coz what I've read it is faster to process when it is outside of Canada.

Please please help thank you!

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
sxy_bytch said:
Hi everyone,
If you choose not to renew your passport until its expiry date, then your application will be in your maiden name... ( From experienced, I can't renew my passport for some reason so I still used my maiden name with my application. & just sent my renewed passport with my married name on later date, so COPR & PR Card will be on married name)... Means you still have to get/renew your passport using your married name even though the one you have right now is not yet expired if you want your COPR & PR card in your married name.