Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
VPS said:
Do we have to wait for sometime before we re-apply TRV. It got rejected just a month back...Is multiple entry ok to apply or is it advisable for a single entry?

JesustheSavior

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Santo Domingo
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
09-07-2012
Med's Request
28-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
28-11-2012
Passport Req..
29-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Hey guys
Can anyone tell me if my husband can pay the RPRF by certified cheque? For some reasons, they dont accept our credit card in the online payment system. Thanks guys...

Acanadian

Aug 14, 2012
tink23 said:
You mentioned that you're a Canadian citizen, which means, yes u can stay out of the country for 3 months at a time if u wished... u could stay out the entire process if that is what u wanted.
Thank you for helping me out with that. Gosh, it doesn't feel as harsh of a process now that I have that knowledge.

Have a blessed day and thank you again.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
JesustheSavior said:
Hey guys
Can anyone tell me if my husband can pay the RPRF by certified cheque? For some reasons, they dont accept our credit card in the online payment system. Thanks guys...
You have to check with the specific visa office.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

You can find information on fee payment methods at the website of the visa office (immigration applications) or the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate (proof of citizenship applications) responsible for your area. Visa and consular offices cannot accept receipts for fees paid in Canada.
I checked a couple and they did accept certified cheques. I know when I paid mine the first time I went to Canada Post and obtained a money order. The second time I did it via the online system, which is certainly much more convenient.

imonec

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
04-04-2014
Re: Spousal sponsorship - Open work permit

cgagnon said:
From what you have written have you looked at inland vs outland? I do not know your Visa Office, but inland for just the 1st step is really long and you have no chance of appeal. It could be faster applying outland and as your wife may relocate after school, you only get a work permit afte 11 months inland. Just a thought again you may have more information
Thanks for your input.

what should I consider when applying inland vs. outland?
Current processing times in South Africa are 25 months.
I have a work permit currently limited to my company but did not get a LMO as it was a intra company transfer. so if i quit my job I have to leave. If I have an open work permit I can move around if necessary while waiting for my PR

If I apply outland I don't have an opportunity to get open work permit and it takes longer.

Is there anything else of importance I need to consider?

thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

imonec said:
Thanks for your input.

what should I consider when applying inland vs. outland?
Current processing times in South Africa are 25 months.
I have a work permit currently limited to my company but did not get a LMO as it was a intra company transfer. so if i quit my job I have to leave. If I have an open work permit I can move around if necessary while waiting for my PR

If I apply outland I don't have an opportunity to get open work permit and it takes longer.

Is there anything else of importance I need to consider?

thanks
Inland has no rights to appeal if you are refused (you can appeal if refused outland). If for any reason you have to leave the country while your inland application is being processed and are unable to re-enter, your application will be refused.

However if your case inland still sounds like it might be the better way to go.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012

scylla said:
Inland has no rights to appeal if you are refused (you can appeal if refused outland). If for any reason you have to leave the country while your inland application is being processed and are unable to re-enter, your application will be refused.

However if your case inland still sounds like it might be the better way to go.
Inland does have a right to request judicial review, but the grounds for such are much narrower (basically, the decision must be improper in terms of law). That's not the same as an IAD appeal, but it is still an available option.

The CIC manuals actually strongly discourage border officers refusing re-entry to someone on an inland sponsorship, but it is the border officer's discretion. If you do have to leave, it is definitely best to ensure that you are in status so they don't have any reason to question you when you return.

I agree that in your case inland is likely the better choice - 19 months (80%) versus 29 months (80%) does look like an advantage.

Good luck!

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
cgagnon said:
Congratulations!!! Wishing you all the best!
Thank you guys! I wish you all the very best and soon ur spouses also get the PR done.

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
a few questions

Hello Everyone,
For the ones that have already sent out their applications did you have to write the names on the pictures you sent as evidence?Also,i did my medicals in 2010 but never sent out the forms and am not sure whether its necessary to re do them again now that am ready to send my application!.......another question is has anyone sent out an application without their passport information?I lost my passport and travel documents 9 years ago!I have been in Canada for 10 and 1/2 years now!!....am not sure whether they,ll need my passport when they grant me permanent residence which would mean then i'd have to apply for one from my country of origin!!.....i have a work permit which i`ve been renewing for years now and they never ask for my passport,it was first issued at my local immigration office where i informed them about my lost documents!!!!
I hope some one can help me out with my queries!!!!Thanks in advance :)

imonec

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
04-04-2014
Re: Spousal sponsorship - Medical Inland vs. Outland

I completed my medical on Jul 4, 2012 but at the time I opted to submit my application as an outland application. I have now decided to apply as an Inland application in Vegreville.
But the medical was completed on the form for "family class clients applying from outside of Canda only who presented completed Appendix D medical instructions."

Can I submit this medical form with my "inland" application?

thanks

JesustheSavior

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Santo Domingo
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
09-07-2012
Med's Request
28-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
28-11-2012
Passport Req..
29-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Thanks computergeek

imonec

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
04-04-2014

computergeek said:
Inland does have a right to request judicial review, but the grounds for such are much narrower (basically, the decision must be improper in terms of law). That's not the same as an IAD appeal, but it is still an available option.

The CIC manuals actually strongly discourage border officers refusing re-entry to someone on an inland sponsorship, but it is the border officer's discretion. If you do have to leave, it is definitely best to ensure that you are in status so they don't have any reason to question you when you return.

I agree that in your case inland is likely the better choice - 19 months (80%) versus 29 months (80%) does look like an advantage.

Good luck!
I hold a valid work permit, as long as I have a valid work permit and I don't do anything stupid there should be no reasonable reason I would be refused entry to Canada right?

I will be travelling in December/January for about 3 weeks out of country. I don't foresee this to be a big issue or should I be concerned?

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
Re: a few questions

Mrembo said:
Hello Everyone,
For the ones that have already sent out their applications did you have to write the names on the pictures you sent as evidence?Also,i did my medicals in 2010 but never sent out the forms and am not sure whether its necessary to re do them again now that am ready to send my application!.......another question is has anyone sent out an application without their passport information?I lost my passport and travel documents 9 years ago!I have been in Canada for 10 and 1/2 years now!!....am not sure whether they,ll need my passport when they grant me permanent residence which would mean then i'd have to apply for one from my country of origin!!.....i have a work permit which i`ve been renewing for years now and they never ask for my passport,it was first issued at my local immigration office where i informed them about my lost documents!!!!

Medicals are only good for one year from the date you did them. As for passport, I'd you are from a visa exempt country, they will mail your COPR.. If you are from a non visa exempt country, you will have to send your passport.

How are you applying? Family class?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Re: a few questions

Mrembo said:
Hello Everyone,
Re: Photos

I wrote who was in them, the date (if I knew it) where it was and why. It was nice to do that, if they give our photos back I'll put them in an album and name it IMMIGRATION haha

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012

imonec said:
I hold a valid work permit, as long as I have a valid work permit and I don't do anything stupid there should be no reasonable reason I would be refused entry to Canada right?

I will be travelling in December/January for about 3 weeks out of country. I don't foresee this to be a big issue or should I be concerned?
With a valid work permit, from a visa exempt country you would normally not expect to be refused entry to Canada.

Examples of reasons why they could deny you would include:

- You were arrested while abroad, e.g., a DUI charge while in the US
- You contracted a communicable disease, e.g., tuberculosis, H2N5, Cholera, and attempt to travel back to Canada

Otherwise, it isn't likely you'll run into trouble returning to Canada with a valid work permit and a visa-exempt passport.

Good luck!