glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, so it is possible? Well, I would be in Canada once I submit the application, and remain in Canada for some time after that also. I wouldn't head there as soon as I submit it. I would go and be with him after a few approvals/few stages later in the process of the application (god willing), so that we can prepare him and then come back to Canada together.

hinajameel1984

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2011
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
30-05-2011
Med's Request
waiting!
Med's Done....
waiting!
Interview........
waiting!
Passport Req..
waiting!
VISA ISSUED...
waiting!
LANDED..........
waiting!
I have jsut check the cic website and came to know that the timelines for sponsored spousal application has increased from 16 months to 22 months !! Is this the maximum time ..what is the minimum time for processing of spousal application for Pakistan :(

arian74

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2011
Doc's Request.
July 12, 2011 (Appendix A, PP, Libyan Police Clearance
File Transfer...
June 13, 2011
Med's Done....
April 4, 2011
Passport Req..
July 12, 2011
scylla said:
Yes - he must provide police certificates for Libya and Saudi Arabia. My husband was in a somewhat similar situation. He had to provide a police certificate for Kuwait from the mid-80's but was unable to obtain one after several months of trying. Instead of supplying the police certificate, we included a letter in the application than explained everything we had done to try to obtain that police certificate (and also provided proof of the emails we had sent to various embassies and consulates asking for help - and their replies). My husband's application was processed without any issues. So my advice to you and your husband would be to try to obtain both police certificates and document all of your attempts. If you cannot get the police certificates, include a letter instead explaining the situation and provide proof of your attempts. Hope this helps.
Thanks. Really aprreciate.

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
glak1234 said:
Hi, just a quick question to anyone that could help

When I'm writing the supporting letters, any letters in general that are to be included with the application, who should I state that these letters are to.. "Dear Immigrations Officer" "To whom it may concern;" for example..

Can someone shed some light on this, I really want to do it the right way...
"To whom it may concern" :It would be my choice.

I'm getting ready for my interview... so scary

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What about my supporting documents like birthday card, calling cards etc. Anything that I would like back and taken care of...
Will they return those to me when they are done with them? I would really like to keep these and not have them misplaced by the office, I'm scared about this...

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
hinajameel1984 said:
I have jsut check the cic website and came to know that the timelines for sponsored spousal application has increased from 16 months to 22 months !! Is this the maximum time ..what is the minimum time for processing of spousal application for Pakistan :(
I assume your file is outland and if thats the case whats gonna be your visa office ?

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
Today we had our interview.

The lady who invterview us was very kind and nice. We got approved!!!! :D

First she some questions to both of us. Question about our address and about some pictures we sent earlier. She requested some recent pics, if we have them, and we did, although they didn't ask for them in the Call-in noticed.

Then she asked my husband to step outside and interview me alone.

She asked about my hubby's job, about his family about our friends. She asked me about his previous marriage and if i knew if it was a bona fide marriage or a bogus one. I answer the truth, i told her all that i know about her first marriage and all the drama involved (he told me the whole story rigth at the begining of our relationship).

She asked me to describe ouyr home and neighborhood. She asked about our future plans (babies or no babies). She asked me if my family and his family are aware of our relationship.

After all those questions (aprox 45 mins), she went outside and bring him to the room and proceed to interview him. I went out. After 15 mins or so she asked to come back and then she told us that she will be granting us an AIP and we should received in the mail within 2 weeks.

In the meantime we are trying to get the constancia from mexico. Hopefully after that we will received our landing interview.

We are so happy!!!! Finally after 24 months of waiting. We got Approval In Principle!!!

:D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
glak1234 said:
What about my supporting documents like birthday card, calling cards etc. Anything that I would like back and taken care of...
Will they return those to me when they are done with them? I would really like to keep these and not have them misplaced by the office, I'm scared about this...
It's best to assume that nothing will be returned. Some processing offices will return some supporting documentation. Others typically return nothing (example: Buffalo). I wouldn't send anything that you don't want to lose (include a photocopy or photo instead).

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
meateater said:
I assume your file is outland and if thats the case whats gonna be your visa office ?
I remmeber reading somewhere in the manual for inland sponsorship that it was highly recommend to not send originals because they wouldn't be return.

We sent color copies of everything.

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay, thanks so much for the input.. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the next few days :-\

malawi

Mar 2, 2011
Malawi
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
AOR Received.
Never Received
File Transfer...
05-18-2011
Med's Done....
03-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
7-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2011
Hello! This is probably a simple question but I'm in Malawi so I can't phone the 1-800 number - can we send our application to Missisauga by DHL courier? It's a PO bo address so I'm not sure. Anyone done that on here?

But what a relief! It's ready to go!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malawi said:
Hello! This is probably a simple question but I'm in Malawi so I can't phone the 1-800 number - can we send our application to Missisauga by DHL courier? It's a PO bo address so I'm not sure. Anyone done that on here?

But what a relief! It's ready to go!
Do not send it to the PO box.

There is an address for courier drop off.

Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello My Inlanders friends,
Love_Younge how are you and thanks for creating this thread which is so helpful to many.
Theresa_Lynn so happy for you too we both are in the same boat & this time the tide is our side.

Here is my story Chronicles,

I got total 3 brown envelops dates 6th April 2011, (1) Open work permit until April 2013 (2) Sponsorship approval letter (3) AIP which says "I still need to get police clearance certificate from my embassy (Country of origin) in Toronto.

Though it says on e-cas "Decision has made" & "Medical has been received" doesn't mean P.R. Yet.

Any suggestions & ideas my dear friends?!

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
Mark_Anna said:
Though it says on e-cas "Decision has made" & "Medical has been received" doesn't mean P.R. Yet.

Any suggestions & ideas my dear friends?!
That is the decision made for your AIP and first stage approval would be my thoughts seeing as you are applying inland and you got the letters....atleast your part way there...congrats!!!

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a new question for you guys! This is something that hasn't ever crossed my mind at all until now, randomly. This is the issue I just maybe possibly found myself in :-\ Maybe I'm just over analyzing everything because I'm so stressed because of this application! (Which I cannot wait to have OUT of my hands!)

In my mind I fear that the IO will think me and my husband got married out of convenience, solely because of the fact that I was proposed to on New Years Eve (Dec 31st) and we got married on Christmas Eve day (January 6th for us, Christian Orthodox).
We got married at the city hall and wanted it to be on Christmas Eve day. Because we are both very religious, and so are our families, we wanted to do it on that day. We had discussed it before I was even proposed to, and it was a topic of conversation back some time during our relationship, so my husband surprised me with the engagement and with the wedding date already set! I was so happy just because he remembered we had talked about it before! (Guys have horrible memory, sorry guys but its true!) We talked about this plan because we plan to have our actual wedding reception and church marriage in the future, and it won't be in the winter time (will be in the summer). We wanted a special day on which we can celebrate every year with our families, and since Christmas Eve day is celebrated/spent with the whole family every year wherever we are in the world (with his family or mine at the time), this is the date that we chose because it is a perfect day to spend with family to celebrate Christmas Ever and our marriage.

I am now worried that the IO will see this as getting married ASAP for the PR process to begin, although that was not the purpose of the marriage at all, just a matter of special dates that meant something to us.

Now, I may be over analyzing, but what do you guys suggest I do? Write a letter stating this the same way I stated it here or?
I just want to be with my husband :( Why is that so hard. This whole process is draining me of energy!