Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Re: HELP!! ~ Link for Open work permit needed

Victorswife said:
I feel a bit ridiculous that I am unable to find the link for an open work permit application to add to our Sponsorship. Do we need an LMO? Do we fill out the "from outside of Canada one" and for that form write Not applicable as we are applying from inside Canada?
I can't seem to figure it out and would love your expertise!
Thanks
as it is an open work permit you don't need an LMO I think - it's open to any employer. But other than that, I can not tell you much. You could try posting your question in the inland thread, they would know for sure : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-application-2011-t67267.6945.html
good luck,
Sweden

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Sweden said:
ecas is not very reliable, it really depends on the VO and in the same VO, some officers are better at updating than others... so really it's difficult to say. AOR from VO are usually by emails. Ecas sometimes shows updates, but sometimes with quite a bit of time gap, so don't rely too much on it.
Oh yah if all are sent thru emails then great as it would be faster haha... Thanks again..
What does it mean if under applicants name and undersponsorship application status is already Decision Made? What is that decision made already? Is it the approval for sponsor? Thank you

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
markym said:
What does it mean if under applicants name and undersponsorship application status is already Decision Made? What is that decision made already? Is it the approval for sponsor? Thank you
when you log in with the sponsor information, normally you should see 2 parts:
Sponsorship Application(s)

Sponsored Person Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Residence Application Status
Applicant name Decision Made Application Received

so the first decision made is for the sponsor part, and that's an approval for you as far as I understood.
the second part if the part for the VO, and once you click on that, you can normally see something like this:

We received applicant name's application for permanent residence on DATE.

Medical results have been received.

so it just means you have to wait. where it says "application received", you might see "in process", or "decision made".

good luck,
Sweden

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Sweden said:
when you log in with the sponsor information, normally you should see 2 parts:
Sponsorship Application(s)

Sponsored Person Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Residence Application Status
Applicant name Decision Made Application Received

so the first decision made is for the sponsor part, and that's an approval for you as far as I understood.
the second part if the part for the VO, and once you click on that, you can normally see something like this:

We received applicant name's application for permanent residence on DATE.

Medical results have been received.

so it just means you have to wait. where it says "application received", you might see "in process", or "decision made".

good luck,
Sweden

Thank you so much sweden!:))

Yah that's wht i can see awhile ago... This morning it was both application received.. And now decision made and the other is app. Received. So whats the best thing ? Hahaha i am kinda confused abt the one that you said which is on the last part... I appreciate your help :)

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
HELP! Advice needed for Work Permit

Can anyone else speak to this?

I spent so much time focusing on the Sponsorship application that the Open work permit got left to the wayside. It seems to be a big deal... and we just dont have time to find a prospective employeer

Do we need an LMO? Do we fill out the "from outside of Canada one" and for that form write Not applicable as we are applying from inside Canada?

or use Application to Change my conditions, Extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker? (IMM 5710)
I can't seem to figure it out and would love your expertise!
Thanks

BlackandBlue

Aug 13, 2012
Computergeek, just to update on that departure letter that could have become a deportation letter since I didn't fill the imm0056... My hubby called the border, the immigration office at the airport, and the cic twice, took names and badge numbers and all of them assured him that as long as I have proof that I obeyed the departure order and left within those 30 days, proof being stamps from the UK and my country, and boarding passes, I won't have any problems. Seems that the departure orders that go out as a result of the visitor application being refused don't become deportation orders just like that. All the officers my hubby spoke to said 'it doesn't quite work that way'.

But that is yet to be actually confirmed, when I do try to come back. Still waiting for the LMO response.

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Re: Spousal sponsorship - inland on visitor visa (6months) - possible?

Hi, I am kind of confuse with the whole spousal sponsorship process for application within Canada. I got married to my husband in Oct this year, and we initially planned to apply through the Singapore office (where I am from). After the wedding in Oct, I headed over to Canada so that we can spend some time together here. However, due to the time it takes for processing through the Singapore office (apart 3 years), we want to explore the possibility of applying from within Canada.

I have been granted 6 months visa at my point of entry at Vancouver (per normal visa-exempt rules), however, to apply from within Canada, the process is beyond the 6 months period. As such, will I be able to apply through this? Can the visa granted be extended beyon the 6 months?

In addition, is it advisable to look for a job in the meanwhile? And will I be able to apply for a work permit within Canada should I obtain a job offer? What scheme is this under?

I have read in the forum that it is advisable to apply for a open work permit at the same time but I am unable to find any information with regards to this on the CIC website. Can someone help please...

My husband and I met while I was studying in Canada and working here previously (4years ago), but we broke up in between before getting back together again after meeting up in Australia. What kind of documents will be required to proof our relationship? Do I need to write out a story about this? We registered for marriage in Sinapore and have a reception there for SG family and friends, but will be having another wedding next summer for the Canada side, do I need to mention this in the application?

I am also confuse about whether I should obtain my medical checkup and police clearance prior to submission, or after submission of the documents. Please assist if possible.

Really confuse and frustrated with the process as we really do not want to be apart for like 30 over months while the Singapore office process the application.

Thanks a lot all for your help! Appreciate it lots.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Spousal sponsorship - inland on visitor visa (6months) - possible?

Tuesdayc said:
I have been granted 6 months visa at my point of entry at Vancouver (per normal visa-exempt rules), however, to apply from within Canada, the process is beyond the 6 months period. As such, will I be able to apply through this? Can the visa granted be extended beyon the 6 months?

In addition, is it advisable to look for a job in the meanwhile? And will I be able to apply for a work permit within Canada should I obtain a job offer? What scheme is this under?
If you apply inland, you should send the visit visa extension along with your application package so you don't get out of status in case your processing takes a bit longer.

For the open work permit, use the change of status form for a temporary worker. You can find that here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp If you send it with your application package, you can get your open work permit as soon as you get 1st stage approval. If you don't, you have to wait until you get 1st stage approval and then apply for the open work permit.

If you get a job offer in the meantime, your prospective employer would have to apply for a labour market opinion, proving that they advertised and found no qualified Canadian or PR who was interested in the job and that they are offering market wage. If your employer were to get the labour market opinion approved, you could use it to apply for a work permit. This permit would only be valid for that particular employer, that location and position.

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Is it possible that my ecase says in process for the 2nd even I didn't send my medical test yet?
The VO is in Ottawa?is it there the treat the inland and Outland for the 2nd stage?
If I'm inland,how long it will take the VO to receive the medical test result?if I do it on November 6?

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
Re: Spousal sponsorship - Inland on Multiple Entrance visitor visa - possible?

Leon said:
If you apply inland, you should send the visit visa extension along with your application package so you don't get out of status in case your processing takes a bit longer.

For the open work permit, use the change of status form for a temporary worker. You can find that here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp If you send it with your application package, you can get your open work permit as soon as you get 1st stage approval. If you don't, you have to wait until you get 1st stage approval and then apply for the open work permit.

If you get a job offer in the meantime, your prospective employer would have to apply for a labour market opinion, proving that they advertised and found no qualified Canadian or PR who was interested in the job and that they are offering market wage. If your employer were to get the labour market opinion approved, you could use it to apply for a work permit. This permit would only be valid for that particular employer, that location and position.
Leon: We are not sure if the Multiple Entrance Visa will require an extension to stay in canada and apply for work permit as it is valid until 2016... is there a 6 month requirement for this one too? What form do we need to apply for the work permit?

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Is it possible that my ecase says in process for the 2nd even I didn't send my medical test yet?
The VO is in Ottawa?is it there the treat the inland and Outland for the 2nd stage?
If I'm inland,how long it will take the VO to receive the medical test result?if I do it on November 6?

Any thoughts will be appreciated :)

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi frndz
i wanna ask that if i woukd get marry in dec 2012 instead of nov this year so it would make any effect or not as it seems cic is changing rules day by day. It would be harder or easy.
Plz tell me . I m confused but i want to sponsor him asap so that he can come here with me toblive forever

Coolsun

Nov 1, 2012
Hello everyone,

I am a PR live in Canada and applying for the PR for my spouse how lives outside. Ifter going through all the guides and available info, I just need to reconfirm the following five things:

1. I need to send both sets of my applications (application for the sponsorship) and (the documents for Sponsored person) together to Mississauga, Ontario? Kindly confirm or rectify. (Thnx!)

2. The sponsorship form to be signed by both (myself, and my spouse who is NOT in Canada). Kindly confirm or rectify. (Thnx!)

3. The Generic application form to be signed only by my spouse who is in India. Kindly confirm or rectify. (Thnx!)

4. My spouse lived in Kuwait with me for about a year. Therefore, I must submit the PCC from Kuwait for her "ONLY" and the PCC from India as well? Kindly confirm or rectify. (Thnx!)

5. Since, I am PR, I need NOT to send any of PCC along with my application? Kindly confirm or rectify. (Thnx!)

Accordingly, I need to fill-in, print and send all the documents to her for signing and start the process for the PCC from Kuwait, which I am not sure how much time will it require.

I will sincerely appreciate your kind prompt feedback.

Regards,

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Hello,

I am preparing to send my spousal application. Would 70-80 pics be enough to depict a 7 year relationship?

Thanks

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Computergeek

Any thoughts will be appreciated