Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
parker24 said:
Everyone will get a COPR :) (if they are approved by CIC that is)
Thank you. Copr will be receive after an applicant receive the 2nd stage AOR? Haha sorry got lots of question. Thank you

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
markym said:
Thank you. Copr will be receive after an applicant receive the 2nd stage AOR? Haha sorry got lots of question. Thank you
COPR is the second to last step of the entire PR ordeal. Once you get the COPR, you can land in Canada and then you will get a PR card 6-8 weeks later in the mail. :)

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
parker24 said:
COPR is the second to last step of the entire PR ordeal. Once you get the COPR, you can land in Canada and then you will get a PR card 6-8 weeks later in the mail. :)
Cool. Thank you so much :)

Beginner

Oct 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I got married on Jul 05, 2012. My husband is Permanent Resident of Canada.
We are in process to complete my documents and file our case, but today I saw the new regulations about this. please make me understand in easy words about that. If I get my documents completed and apply file my case next month, when will I get into next step? and what would be the next step? How long will it take?

Please reply all of issues I have tried to ask. Thanks; waiting for simple step by step answers :)

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
Beginner said:
Hi
We are in process to complete my documents and file our case, but today I saw the new regulations about this. please make me understand in easy words about that. If I get my documents completed and apply file my case next month, when will I get into next step? and what would be the next step? How long will it take?

Please reply all of issues I have tried to ask. Thanks; waiting for simple step by step answers :)

It depends on your country and VO located that your file will be transfer.

Stage 1 - 43 days (Assessment of Sponsor)
Stage 2 - (Assessment of Person Being Sponsored (applicant) ) just click the highlighted/underlined view by visa office.

You might want to see the CIC website just check the link below :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
Beginner said:
I am from Lahore Pakistan. Is above process time as per their new release?

Yes , it's still depends on your VO based on a complete application package. And it's case to case basis.
Islamabad – Pakistan - 26 months

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

Curious0027

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Tarlac City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15 2012
AOR Received.
None sponsor approval august 28,2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
September 18 2012
Med's Done....
June 22 2012
Interview........
hopefully none
Passport Req..
March 08, 2013. March 14 IN PROCESS
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting...
LANDED..........
May 25 2013:)
hi, how long does it usually takes for the letter sent by cic regarding the "decision made" for step 1?

Pvictor

Oct 26, 2012
Define Residing Question 12... and also presentation of package!

Hi there! We are about to send off our package to Vegreville!
A couple last things I would love your help with.

1. In my personal history I worked on a cruiseship.. and sometimes my contracts were over 6 months by a few days... My intent was not to reside there... but would that count as I was under US company for that length of time?
I am hoping to attach my work history and explain that I was in a different country everyday

2. We are grouping our application into 3 parts.... Sponsor, Applicant and Supporting... What's the verdict on presentation? Staple forms but not supporting details of the form? no staples at all? We have an extensive table of contents explaining each item at the beginning of the whole package and at the beginning of each section.

3.) OPTION C PRINTOUT.. my wife just realized her original copies are not adequate even her original T'4s and we have to wait for the Canada Rev Agency to send ones from them? or can we send the package with her originals.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

yingziboy

Nov 27, 2011
I sponsored my wife she had her interview, a year later I was interview, told there was no Doubt our marrage was authentic, but was then told we want to talk to your wife via Phone and ask her a couple questions, I thought great until I was informed it could take up to another 1- 1 1/2 to make the call. I've made 5 trips to china in the last 14 month, thus leaving my 13 year old Daughter behind, whom lives with me fulltime.The Fact we were told by Immigration beyond any Doubt we were a married couple, I guess so much for their statement, Family reuniification, simple ,quickly and fairly.

Oct 30, 2012
Re: Define Residing Question 12... and also presentation of package!

I echo Pvictor's question about presentation. Staples, paper clips, individual folders? Thanks!

Pvictor said:
2. We are grouping our application into 3 parts.... Sponsor, Applicant and Supporting... What's the verdict on presentation? Staple forms but not supporting details of the form? no staples at all? We have an extensive table of contents explaining each item at the beginning of the whole package and at the beginning of each section.

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
Beginner said:
Hi

New regulations that you may have seen are:

a. a sponsored person can not sponsor any one for five years after being sponsored. I believe it was 2 years before.

and

b. if you do not have any children and have been in a relationship or married less than 2 years, once approved, you will get conditional permanent residence status which means you have to live with your sponsor/husband/wife for two years after sponsorship or risk losing it if you don't. the only exception for not living with your sponsor/spouse is if there is abuse.

link: http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-cracks-down-on-marriage-fraud-26102012.html

Is this the new regulations you were meaning?

Oct 30, 2012
Hello beautiful people!

I'm new to this forum and hope someone can help me. I have nearly all the documents for outland sponsorship from the US. I've been living in Canada with my partner for the last two years, going from temporary employer-specific work visa to work visa. I've always left Canada before my status expired, and re-entered as a visitor. As I currently do not have a work visa or job offer, I'm living in Victoria with by wife (just got married this month). She is able to support me while we wait for the immigration process.

1. Is it a problem that I am applying outland, even though I spend nearly all my time in Canada? I understand it is a faster process and can be appealed. I'm including an application for an open work permit in the same envelope (can they process that in Mississauga or only Vegreville?)

2. Should I use a US mailing address (my parent's house) and indicate that my place of residence is the US as I currently have visitor status and not temporary resident status in Canada? Would this be considered dishonest and hinder my chances if it came out in interviews?

3. Both my FBI background check and medical check-up are a year old, thus no longer valid. Should I include them in the packet and send it anyway, while I go and get new ones? Would it be better to wait to send my immigration forms until I have everything up to date? This would be another couple of months delay. I'm concerned that my background check will expire while they are processing initial approval of sponsorship. Is it important to send a complete packet or can I send all the forms and include medical and background checks in a later mailing?

4. A related question: If my wife (sponsor's) documents are all ready to go, should we mail these ASAP along with my open work permit application? We would then send the remaining documents (FBI check, medical, immigration forms) in a second envelope. The reason being, I would really like to be employed and have opportunities in town but not without an open work permit.

5. Does anyone know if there are FBI Channelers in Canada? in Victoria? I need to get new fingerprints done and a new medical check, but prefer not to leave the country. I guess I could bring an FBI fingerprint card to the RCMP and pay for them to fingerprint me, then mail it to the FBI or a channeler in the States. As far as medical check-up goes, if I'm applying outland, are US doctors listed on the CIC website the only ones who can fulfill this requirement, or are there options at Canadian clinics?

Thank you soo much to anyone who can help me with these questions!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Oregonian in BC said:
Hello beautiful people!

I'm new to this forum and hope someone can help me. I have nearly all the documents for outland sponsorship from the US. I've been living in Canada with my partner for the last two years, going from temporary employer-specific work visa to work visa. I've always left Canada before my status expired, and re-entered as a visitor. As I currently do not have a work visa or job offer, I'm living in Victoria with by wife (just got married this month). She is able to support me while we wait for the immigration process.

1. Is it a problem that I am applying outland, even though I spend nearly all my time in Canada? I understand it is a faster process and can be appealed. I'm including an application for an open work permit in the same envelope (can they process that in Mississauga or only Vegreville?)
No. This is a common scenario. You will not be granted an open work permit, however, because that is only given when you apply via the inland process. CPC-V (Vegreville) handles inland applications. CPC-M (Mississauga) handles outland applications. You must be in Canada to qualify for inland. You may be anywhere in the world (including Canada) for outland.

Oregonian in BC said:
2. Should I use a US mailing address (my parent's house) and indicate that my place of residence is the US as I currently have visitor status and not temporary resident status in Canada? Would this be considered dishonest and hinder my chances if it came out in interviews?
Use your Canadian address as your mailing address. Use your US address as your residence address.

Oregonian in BC said:
3. Both my FBI background check and medical check-up are a year old, thus no longer valid. Should I include them in the packet and send it anyway, while I go and get new ones? Would it be better to wait to send my immigration forms until I have everything up to date? This would be another couple of months delay. I'm concerned that my background check will expire while they are processing initial approval of sponsorship. Is it important to send a complete packet or can I send all the forms and include medical and background checks in a later mailing?
Wait until you have a complete application. It slows it down to send a partial application. Your fastest way through immigration is to submit a complete, thorough, well-organized and properly completed application.

Oregonian in BC said:
4. A related question: If my wife (sponsor's) documents are all ready to go, should we mail these ASAP along with my open work permit application? We would then send the remaining documents (FBI check, medical, immigration forms) in a second envelope. The reason being, I would really like to be employed and have opportunities in town but not without an open work permit.
No. They will return an incomplete application to you.

If you want an open work permit, you will need to apply via the inland process. Currently it takes six months to be approved for the first stage inland process.

I am assuming you do not qualify for a NAFTA work permit - if you have not investigated, I would encourage you to do so, as NAFTA qualifying jobs do not require LMOs - you just get your work permit at the border with the relevant paperwork.

Oregonian in BC said:
5. Does anyone know if there are FBI Channelers in Canada? in Victoria? I need to get new fingerprints done and a new medical check, but prefer not to leave the country. I guess I could bring an FBI fingerprint card to the RCMP and pay for them to fingerprint me, then mail it to the FBI or a channeler in the States. As far as medical check-up goes, if I'm applying outland, are US doctors listed on the CIC website the only ones who can fulfill this requirement, or are there options at Canadian clinics?
CIC will not accept channeler results for permanent residency. It must be an original issue clearance letter from the FBI on tamper-proof paper, so no matter where you have the fingerprints done, you will need to mail it to WV.

Medicals may be done by any designated medical practitioner (ergo, approved by CIC and listed on their website) anywhere in the world. There are a number of them in BC.

Good luck!

99Shadowrider

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
23-05-2013
Just noted 1st stage approval is now at 35 days, working on applications received on September 26th!!