+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

BlackandBlue

Aug 13, 2012
Will do. You know what, I don't trust any of them. The boarder officers, no one. It doesn't say anything about it in that departure letter I got. That is strange...

My husband is calling CIC now, I'm skyping him. He will send a copy of that passport with my stamp on it to every office if he needs to.

They already damaged us so much. So much. Costing me more health than smoking, I swear.

Thank you forever for your typing and advices. if you box me your address I will send you cookies. Lots of cookies.

shercel

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CE-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 03-2013
AOR Received.
May 28-2013
File Transfer...
May 30-2013 - CEM received June 11, 2013
Med's Done....
April 08-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Nov. 14-2013 - Sent: Nov. 23,2013 - CEM received - Nov. 26, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hi Leon,

I got my PR last april 28 2012 im single and planning to get married this coming January 2013 ,, my question is should i need to call or inform canadian immigration regarding about my marital status from bieng single to married after coming back to Canada. Thank you..

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
shercel said:
I got my PR last april 28 2012 im single and planning to get married this coming January 2013 ,, my question is should i need to call or inform canadian immigration regarding about my marital status from bieng single to married after coming back to Canada. Thank you..
Since you've already landed, you don't need to inform them of your status change.

If you wish to sponsor your new spouse, you will need to do that while living in Canada.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
On form IMM 5490, it asks if I receive financial support from my sponsor. We live together in Canada. He works and pays our bills. I can't work and clean the house, cook, twiddle my thumbs. We have a joint account that he puts money into, but doesn't outright give me X amount of dollars a month.

I originally checked the box "Yes" and calculated half of the rent and food bill as the amount per month. Obviously, I don't have an income, so I didn't want anyone wondering how I had rent.

My husband thinks I should select "No" as he doesn't actually hand me that amount - so there's no bank transfer, wires, checks, to show that amount. He does have a good point and now I'm not certain which is the best answer. He thinks us living together is enough explanation that he pays the bills and I don't make rent magically appear from thin air.

Opinions/experience?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
amikety said:
On form IMM 5490, it asks if I receive financial support from my sponsor. We live together in Canada. He works and pays our bills. I can't work and clean the house, cook, twiddle my thumbs. We have a joint account that he puts money into, but doesn't outright give me X amount of dollars a month.

I originally checked the box "Yes" and calculated half of the rent and food bill as the amount per month. Obviously, I don't have an income, so I didn't want anyone wondering how I had rent.

My husband thinks I should select "No" as he doesn't actually hand me that amount - so there's no bank transfer, wires, checks, to show that amount. He does have a good point and now I'm not certain which is the best answer. He thinks us living together is enough explanation that he pays the bills and I don't make rent magically appear from thin air.

Opinions/experience?
Pick one. Then write an explanatory letter and attach it. The forms don't leave you room to explain these sorts of things and often are ambiguous. Since there isn't a "right" answer, explaining the answer you gave gives you an opportunity to provide additional insight to the VO.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
computergeek said:
Pick one. Then write an explanatory letter and attach it. The forms don't leave you room to explain these sorts of things and often are ambiguous. Since there isn't a "right" answer, explaining the answer you gave gives you an opportunity to provide additional insight to the VO.
amikety said:

Opinions/experience?
My husband and I had a similar discussion. We felt like we have lived together and therefore shared expenses. I just moved back to Canada after living in his country for 3 years and had the application submitted before a week had passed of my return, so there wasn't really time for sending support, etc etc... We ended up choosing "No" and then wrote and explanation how we shared expenses based on our level incomes, etc... that now, since we're living in separate countries until he gets PR, we'll do our best to support ourselves in our daily needs, however, when something arises that of course I will help him. I was approved to sponsor and now the application is at the visa office abroad. So far so good. Hopefully it continues that way. But like computergeek says, whatever u choose, just write an explanation for it so that they will know exactly what you're both thinking and there won't be any confusion.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends
I wanna know, I am going to marry and then I would sponsor my husband. He lives in Canada so how I can apply outside. Should I directly sent all file to missisuaga directly.
Please tell me

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
Baby1990 said:
Hi friends
I wanna know, I am going to marry and then I would sponsor my husband. He lives in Canada so how I can apply outside. Should I directly sent all file to missisuaga directly.
Please tell me
hi,

If he lives in Canada, he should apply for spouse or commom partner on canada class. It maybe longer sometimes, depending of your country, but if he needs to attend the interview, he doesn't need to travel back to his country.

If you are applying from inside Canada you need to send to CIC- Vergeville, not Mississauga.

hope that helps.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to apply outside as it is fast and I need to sponsor him fast. so how can i send to missisuaga and how much amount i need to show in my account so it get approved.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Unfortunately, there is no 'fast' sponsorship. If you get through faster than average processing time, great, but there's no way to guarantee this. However, you can help prevent a longer processing time by making sure your application is complete, detailed, and provides all the supporting documents, signatures, etc.

For spousal sponsorship, you don't have to meet income requirements, although you will need to show some way of which to support yourself and your spouse, since you will be signing a guarantee to provide housing and food for him.

Here is a guide that may help you:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp#3900E2

Curious0027

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Tarlac City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15 2012
AOR Received.
None sponsor approval august 28,2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
September 18 2012
Med's Done....
June 22 2012
Interview........
hopefully none
Passport Req..
March 08, 2013. March 14 IN PROCESS
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting...
LANDED..........
May 25 2013:)
hi everyone, my husband is a PR in canada, he has sent our application last july 2012, we are just a bit bothered because as i checked cic last aug,it says that applications which are passed last july are already processed (69 days was the for step 1).. More than 69 days had passed and he have not recieved any acknowledgement letter yet from cic..  do we need to call cic regardin that? Or do we still need to wait longer?... And if documents are incomplete how long will it take for cic to tell you you had sent incomplete documents? Pls help , i need some advice...;(

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Curious0027 said:
hi everyone, my husband is a PR in canada, he has sent our application last july 2012, we are just a bit bothered because as i checked cic last aug,it says that applications which are passed last july are already processed (69 days was the for step 1).. More than 69 days had passed and he have not recieved any acknowledgement letter yet from cic..  do we need to call cic regardin that? Or do we still need to wait longer?... And if documents are incomplete how long will it take for cic to tell you you had sent incomplete documents? Pls help , i need some advice...;(
You should definitely call CIC. They are now working on applications received in mid-September. Call the call centre now as it just opened. I'm not sure how long it will take them to send back your package, but I believe it is usually pretty quick. If you sent the applciation in July and they're now working on mid-September chances are high you would have already received back the package. Definitely call!

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Good day everyone!

Just want to ask if its possible for the sponsor to sponsor again after approval of the spousal application?

Thanks!

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
my husband had interview on October 18 in Viena Austria, and they told him that he passed the interview and they will let us know , but nobody contact us, and told us what is the next step , can somebiody know how long they usually reply back .

Thanks

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
shercel said:
Hi Leon,

hi, you should get a look on the new rules for family sponshorship that came up in October,2012.