Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Occasita said:
Interesting read today,

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/26/tougher-immigration-measures-for-newlyweds-introduced
Discussion is here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-thoughts-on-this-opinions-from-both-ends-sponsor-and-sponsored-spouse-t122716.0.html

Occasita

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
31-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
16-02-2013
scylla said:
Discussion is here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-thoughts-on-this-opinions-from-both-ends-sponsor-and-sponsored-spouse-t122716.0.html
Thanks, did a check before I posted but didn't see anything related to it.

Satara86

Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar/18/2013
AOR Received.
March/28/2013
File Transfer...
Apr/10/2013(SA);CEM Recivd:Apr25
Med's Done....
Dec/28/2012/-Xray Jul2013
Passport Req..
Oct26;IN PROCESS:Dec06
VISA ISSUED...
Jan/21/2014
LANDED..........
June/12/2014
Hi Everyone!
I am new here and thanks God theres a kind a forum like this..
I hope you can help me with our problem or give me any suggestions.

My husband is living now in Winnipeg, MB, Canada since Dec 2010 as a PR. We've been lovers since 2009. He came back to Philippines last Sept 10, 2012 and we got married last Sept 28, 2012 and back to Canada again on Oct 8, 2012. We planned to apply for Spouse Sponsorship after we get our Marriage Certificate but we found out that I am pregnant now and I think my due date is this coming June 2013.

Can we still continue to apply our application even that I am Pregnant? How can we declare to the Office that I am Pregnant? What can we do now? or do we have to wait to apply after I'm giving birth?

Thank you so much. Hoping for the response.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Satara86 said:
My husband is living now in Winnipeg, MB, Canada since Dec 2010 as a PR. We've been lovers since 2009. He came back to Philippines last Sept 10, 2012 and we got married last Sept 28, 2012 and back to Canada again on Oct 8, 2012. We planned to apply for Spouse Sponsorship after we get our Marriage Certificate but we found out that I am pregnant now and I think my due date is this coming June 2013.

Can we still continue to apply our application even that I am Pregnant? How can we declare to the Office that I am Pregnant? What can we do now? or do we have to wait to apply after I'm giving birth?
You can apply now and just add the baby to the application when it is born. That is maybe the simplest way to do it. You do not have to worry about informing them that you are pregnant until they send you the passport request. If at that time, you realize that you are unable to land in Canada before the baby is born, you notify them that you are pregnant and when your due date is so they know they will have to wait for the baby. Or if the baby is already born before you get the passport request, you would of course notify them as soon as it is born.
After the baby is born, add the baby to any forms where it should be on, get the baby's medicals, pay the baby's fees and send all of that to the visa office.

Be aware that when you are putting your relationship evidence for the sponsorship application together that you can not have lived together as a couple for 12 or more months before your husband landed as a PR. I do not know if you did or didn't. Sometimes people have made the mistake of trying to support their relationship by saying that they lived together as a couple but the thing is, if you lived together as a couple for 12 months or more before he landed as a PR, he would have been obligated to include you in his application as a common law partner and that would be very serious if he didn't.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends
I wanna know that i live in winnipeg n going to marry my bf. Where i should get marry in manitoba or in ontario to get marriage certificate fast. I need certificate fast to sponsor my husband. So please tell me.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Baby1990 said:
Hi friends
I wanna know that i live in winnipeg n going to marry my bf. Where i should get marry in manitoba or in ontario to get marriage certificate fast. I need certificate fast to sponsor my husband. So please tell me.
After you execute your marriage licence, get a copy of that. I recently read someone report that they had done so and the VO accepted that. It has all the relevant information - both of your names, the name of the person performing the marriage and the witnesses to it, so it does make sense that it would be sufficient.

I know here in BC we had our marriage certificate in 3 weeks, but that likely varies by province.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanx
I would like to know that after marriage me and husband is going to live seprate for 2 months as he is in ontario and i am in manitoba. What the new rulees are saying. I wanna sponsor him asap so that he can live with me here in manitoba.
Please also let me know. What funds and how many funds i need to show and what kinds of proof I need to show so that he get pr.
I am worried.
Please help me.
One more thing, If we wouldn't let our parents so it gonna effect our case or not. Please let me know
Thank you

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Baby1990 said:
Thanx
I would like to know that after marriage me and husband is going to live seprate for 2 months as he is in ontario and i am in manitoba. What the new rulees are saying. I wanna sponsor him asap so that he can live with me here in manitoba.
Please also let me know. What funds and how many funds i need to show and what kinds of proof I need to show so that he get pr.
I am worried.
Please help me.
One more thing, If we wouldn't let our parents so it gonna effect our case or not. Please let me know
Thank you
The new rule says that you must live together and continue your relationship for two years after your husband becomes a permanent resident of Canada. It doesn't say anything about the time prior to your husband becoming a PR. You have the same burden now: you must convince the VO that you have a genuine relationship.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our relationship is really pure,
We really wanna live together. We were gf and bf before I got PR. Now I got PR.
We love each other, But what proofs I can should show to immigration cic so they approve our case and give PR to him. W are ready to live together for whole life.
What proofs I need to show and what funds.
Please telll me

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Baby1990 said:
Our relationship is really pure,
We really wanna live together. We were gf and bf before I got PR. Now I got PR.
We love each other, But what proofs I can should show to immigration cic so they approve our case and give PR to him. W are ready to live together for whole life.
What proofs I need to show and what funds.
Please telll me
I assume you were not living together for a year before you obtained PR, right?

You should show them the evidence of your relationship. Tell your story. How you met, how you communicated, how you decided to marry, and how you keep in contact while living apart. The evidence is there to support your story. Pictures, receipts for trips together, telephone bills, chat logs, e-mails. Show samples of these things to convince a VO that your relationship is genuine.

Good luck!

BlackandBlue

Aug 13, 2012
Does anyone have any thoughts on my question on the previous page please? Sorry, I just need some advice. Don't trust even myself anymore... :(

jiada

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone.. We send our app last Oct. 23.. Then yesterday while talking to my husband (he's the sponsor), he told me that he's not sure if he filled up the Payer's Informtion at the back of our receipt.. We paid our fees through a financial institution..

What do you will happen?
I hope someone can help me & answer my question because the moment I knew about it I can't stop thinking about it.. It really bugs me.. Thank you..

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
BlackandBlue said:
Hi Everyone, I guess this is a simple question but Google's not my friend today. I'm married to a Canadian citizen. If I submit a sponsorship application from outside Canada, can I enter Canada as a visitor? That shouldn't kill my application, right? The only problem I see in this is that I first entered Canada in 2010 on a tourist visa (my country is on the OK list - I can enter without a visa and stay for 6 months), then I left and came back on a working holiday visa... when that expired I applied for a visitor visa which was (of course!) denied because I was stupid enough to write I have a fiancee in Canada... so I left, following the departure order, and now I'm home again.
You should review the enforcement manuals regarding removals. If I include the links the forum software refuses to allow me to post. You want ENF 10 and ENF 11, and they are on the CIC website.

Entering Canada as a visitor will not terminate your (outland) application.

Please tell me that you received a departure acknowledgement from CBSA (IMM 0056B). Assuming that you did, then you will have complied with the departure order. My reading of ENF 11 indicates you should not be flagged for additional scrutiny at the primary inspection line, but it is certainly possible that you will be, in which case you will be subject to additional scrutiny. The fact you complied and left actually is to your benefit in terms of being evaluated by a BSO.

If you did not receive a departure acknowledgement from CBSA, then your departure order has been converted to a deportation order and you are banned from entering Canada without an ARC on file; this should have been requested with your PR application if that is the case, because without it you would not be permitted to re-enter Canada.

BlackandBlue said:
So I'm just worried, even though I obeyed the departure letter, and my relationship is legit, and I submit that sponsorship application, they still might not let me in as a visitor, since I have so many ins and outs of Canada...

What do you think? I appreciate your thoughts. :D
Ultimately, a BSO has the discretion to refuse you entry - there's nothing you can do about that. But in my experience BSOs are generally quite reasonable to deal with, so as long as you are prepared and don't set off their BS detector.

BlackandBlue

Aug 13, 2012
No, I asked everyone at customs and boarders for a stamp and they gave me one... But no forms... i showed them the letter and they said I don't need anything else... I have the worst luck in the whole world...

Can I send them a copy of my passport with London stamp?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
BlackandBlue said:
No, I asked everyone at customs and boarders for a stamp and they gave me one... But no forms... i showed them the letter and they said I don't need anything else... I have the worst luck in the whole world...

Can I send them a copy of my passport with London stamp?
Hmm. Well my read of the Enforcement manuals was they issue a departure acknowledgment for all departure orders, but I found a reference on the UK's website (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/irpa-lipr.aspx?lang=eng&view=d) that implies you don't get one for a departure order.

I know I looked on the CBSA website and I couldn't find a clear reference.

You might want to look at the enforcement manuals yourself and come up with your own reading.

But I suspect as long as you really did check with CBSA before you left, they updated your FOSS record. You know that would be the other way to verify this - you could order your electronic case notes. That would take a month, but it would tell you if you are flagged, or not. Since you aren't in Canada, you would need to have your partner order them under "access to information" and for which there is a $5 fee. Search for "privacy" on the CIC website.