28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
miracle2012 said:
I have a question guys.ND has my husband's passport since 2 months for the visa stamping, he can not even apply for a visitor visa, right? Even he applies, the might reject it i guess, right?

Does anyone know ???
He needs his passport to apply for a visitor visa.

Yes - even if he applies, there's a good chance he will be rejected because he has a PR application in progress.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
That is not true. There is such thing called dual intent, my husband was approved for multiple visa while our pr application is in progresss

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rosellyalung said:
That is not true. There is such thing called dual intent, my husband was approved for multiple visa while our pr application is in progresss
Was your husband from India?

Scylla's comment seems to be generally true for non-visa-exempt countries. Unless you're from India and wealthy, it is very difficult to convince the VO that you won't overstay.

Satara86

Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar/18/2013
AOR Received.
March/28/2013
File Transfer...
Apr/10/2013(SA);CEM Recivd:Apr25
Med's Done....
Dec/28/2012/-Xray Jul2013
Passport Req..
Oct26;IN PROCESS:Dec06
VISA ISSUED...
Jan/21/2014
LANDED..........
June/12/2014
Hi Everyone!
I am new here and thanks God theres a kind a forum like this..
I hope you can help me with our problem or give me any suggestions.

My husband is living now in Winnipeg, MB, Canada since Dec 2010 as a PR. We've been lovers since 2009. He came back to Philippines last Sept 10, 2012 and we got married last Sept 28, 2012 and back to Canada again on Oct 8, 2012. We planned to apply for Spouse Sponsorship after we get our Marriage Certificate but we found out that I am pregnant now and I think my due date is this coming June 2013.

Can we still continue to apply our application even that I am Pregnant? How can we declare to the Office that I am Pregnant? What can we do now? or do we have to wait to apply after I'm giving birth?

Thank you so much. Hoping for the response. :) :)

BlackandBlue

Aug 13, 2012
Hi Everyone, I guess this is a simple question but Google's not my friend today. I'm married to a Canadian citizen. If I submit a sponsorship application from outside Canada, can I enter Canada as a visitor? That shouldn't kill my application, right? The only problem I see in this is that I first entered Canada in 2010 on a tourist visa (my country is on the OK list - I can enter without a visa and stay for 6 months), then I left and came back on a working holiday visa... when that expired I applied for a visitor visa which was (of course!) denied because I was stupid enough to write I have a fiancee in Canada... so I left, following the departure order, and now I'm home again.

So I'm just worried, even though I obeyed the departure letter, and my relationship is legit, and I submit that sponsorship application, they still might not let me in as a visitor, since I have so many ins and outs of Canada...

What do you think? I appreciate your thoughts. :D

mattrox10

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
25-07-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
07-04-2012
Passport Req..
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2013
What is the process if My US husband would come up to ontario while we wait for the PPR to arrive? I am canadian citizen living with him in the US right now, but have a great job oppertunity in ontario that I dont want to miss, but also don't want to leave him.
I know he can't work, but would be we able to bring all our stuff with us? Would he have to go back to the US while the PPR is going through?

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
“The Jig is Up on Marriage Fraud,” FINALLY says Minister Kenney!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-10-26.asp

craving_soul

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Hi Guys need little help,

I am an indian on work permit in canada. MY PR is in process and i am getting married next month. MY PR will not come by the time i would get married.
What kind of visa i should apply for my spouse?

i was reading on the cic website and it was vague comment over there
"Accompanying family members must always apply for their own work permits. They should apply for one at the same time as you, before entering Canada. If they decide to work only after they arrive, they can apply once they are here."

is that mean she can't apply form india?

will she have some issue in getting visa if my PR is in process?

thanks in advance

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Re: Spousal sponsorshipi

Güzelyol said:
“The Jig is Up on Marriage Fraud,” FINALLY says Minister Kenney!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-10-26.asp
So am I right in thinking that this is only in place for those who submitted their applications to Cic M as of yesterday? Or do u think the visa offices will now have older applications sign a form about conditional visas before they will issue the visa?

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012

tink23 said:
So am I right in thinking that this is only in place for those who submitted their applications to Cic M as of yesterday? Or do u think the visa offices will now have older applications sign a form about conditional visas before they will issue the visa?
I didn't read anything about a form to be signed for applications submitted before this new rule was put into effect, so I would say it only applies to applications that were received by CIC on or after October 25, 2012.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012

tink23 said:
This is only a requirement for applications received from today forward.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012

computergeek said:
This is only a requirement for applications received from today forward.
Güzelyol said:
I didn't read anything about a form to be signed for applications submitted before this new rule was put into effect, so I would say it only applies to applications that were received by CIC on or after October 25, 2012.
Ok, thank you both.

MargoS

Oct 25, 2012
Hello Leon,

This is my first time on the site and I am so excited that I found it....I have a question.

I am a Canadian citizen living in Greece for the past 7 years taking care of my grandmother. She has recently pasted away and now I want to move back to Canada.
For the past 7 years my husband (Greek Citizen) has been supporting me 100% financially (Director of Sales Pepsi). I have no record of income in Canada or here in Greece for the past 7 years. I do though have a job, house, and investment savings(sent from my husband's account) waiting for us in Canada.
We are in the process of filing our Sponsorship Applications and came across the "Financial Evaluation" and the Income Tax Return/Option C print out. I was told that until I move to Canada permanately there is not point in filing my income tax and that I have to be in the country to sign for it anyways, so I haven't filed yet. Is this true?
Also, how do I go about explaining my financial situation for the past 7 years in the application? I can prove I have a job, house, support from my parents, and our investment savings waiting for us in Canada...plus my husband has studied in England and has been working for the past 20 years in Multi-international companies(finished University/Maters with Distingtion)....he would to able to support me in Canada BUT how do I go about explaining this in our application?
I don't want you to think I am bragging about my husband, I just want you to have a clear idea of my situation here and how easy it will be for him to settle into Canada
PLEASE GET BACK TO ME...I NEED THE RIGHT ANSWERS!!!
THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE

MargoS

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
MargoS said:
For the past 7 years my husband (Greek Citizen) has been supporting me 100% financially (Director of Sales Pepsi). I have no record of income in Canada or here in Greece for the past 7 years. I do though have a job, house, and investment savings(sent from my husband's account) waiting for us in Canada.
We are in the process of filing our Sponsorship Applications and came across the "Financial Evaluation" and the Income Tax Return/Option C print out. I was told that until I move to Canada permanately there is not point in filing my income tax and that I have to be in the country to sign for it anyways, so I haven't filed yet. Is this true?

Also, how do I go about explaining my financial situation for the past 7 years in the application? I can prove I have a job, house, support from my parents, and our investment savings waiting for us in Canada...plus my husband has studied in England and has been working for the past 20 years in Multi-international companies(finished University/Maters with Distingtion)....he would to able to support me in Canada BUT how do I go about explaining this in our application?
It is important when looking at the sponsorship forms to keep in mind they are generic to a number of situations and that can make them confusing. Spousal sponsors are exempt from the LICO (Low-Income Cut Off) requirements - you merely need to demonstrate that you and your husband will not require social assistance. You do need to jump through the hoops, though, but as long as you explain the situation and demonstrate that you will not be a burden, you will be fine.

In fact, in your situation you'll have to provide them with a plan to return to Canada. Indications you (and/or your husband) have been looking for housing or have family willing to let you stay with them is the usual approach. Discussions with recruiters or even arranged employment are also good to demonstrate. The fact you have savings will certainly help as well, and with assistance from your parents you should be fine presenting them with a plan.

I have seen multiple cases in the past of couples in exactly your situation and they don't have a problem getting PR. You just need to clearly explain it to CIC.

So you don't have to file Canadian taxes - you just have to explain to CIC your plan for supporting yourselves once you return to Canada. From what you've described I suspect you'll do fine.

Good luck!

Occasita

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
31-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
16-02-2013
Interesting read today,

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/26/tougher-immigration-measures-for-newlyweds-introduced