+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

malklv

Oct 4, 2023
Hell everyone. Please help me. 2 weeks ago IRCC asked me for additional documents Wich I submitted them the next week. Last week Sunday I could see on the gckey showing "We have received the additional documents you provided." but on the tracker I can only see today "We received the police certificate(s) you sent us", my worries is they asked me for 5 documents. The police clearance, the imm5669, and some 3 little ones from the sponsor. So is it normal for them to notify me like on the tracker that even tho they received the 5 files?

Joey-Jo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2024
Hi, Everyone. I am planning to submit the sponsorship application for my spouse. For relationship photo proof, I added the photo with the Title, photo, and a bit of description to the Word file and then converted it to PDF format. That's like a continuous 20-page PDF. I would like to know if that is correct or if I need to submit the 20 pages separately. Your advice is crucial to me. If anyone has a better idea, please share that one. Thanks.
A continuous 20 page PDF is fine (actually, probably more comprehensive for their purposes than uploading individual photos). I did the same, and on each photo used a photoshop-type program to insert text with my name and DoB as applicant, and a brief description of the context (ie, location and date). On the same PDF I put a document at the beginning explaining each photo in date order. It was accepted.

ravikumark815

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

I'm a PR in Canada, and I sponsored PR for my wife. Since the spousal PR process takes nearly a year, I applied for a visitor visa for her, which is almost complete. I'm now looking to book her flight to Canada.

I've heard from others in similar situations that immigration officers sometimes ask to see a return ticket to avoid concerns about dual intent. However, dual intent is allowed in spousal cases, according to an announcement made in May 2023.

For example, someone who traveled to Toronto in January was asked the same question. She showed her AOR letter for the spousal visa to prove her dual intent and that she planned to settle.

My question is: should I book a return ticket and cancel it later just to be safe, or is it unnecessary? Please share your journey if you went through similar process.

Thanks in advance,
Ravi

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

I'm a PR in Canada, and I sponsored PR for my wife. Since the spousal PR process takes nearly a year, I applied for a visitor visa for her, which is almost complete. I'm now looking to book her flight to Canada.

I've heard from others in similar situations that immigration officers sometimes ask to see a return ticket to avoid concerns about dual intent. However, dual intent is allowed in spousal cases, according to an announcement made in May 2023.

For example, someone who traveled to Toronto in January was asked the same question. She showed her AOR letter for the spousal visa to prove her dual intent and that she planned to settle.

My question is: should I book a return ticket and cancel it later just to be safe, or is it unnecessary? Please share your journey if you went through similar process.

Thanks in advance,
Ravi
The main issue is not immigration, it's the airline. Airlines generally expect visitors to have return tickets and can deny boarding without one. Best to buy a return ticket if you want to avoid issues.

ravikumark815

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
The main issue is not immigration, it's the airline. Airlines generally expect visitors to have return tickets and can deny boarding without one. Best to buy a return ticket if you want to avoid issues.

More queries on the return ticket:
1. Which airlines are easiest to cancel afterward? Everyone seem to be having hefty charges. Is there any sort of insurance or options to select for easier cancellation?
2. Also, should the return ticket date be within 6 months of the landing date of PA? I am looking for 8 months, since there are too many delays in processing.

sargene999

Jan 6, 2021
Outland Spousal Sponsorship - TRV (visitor visa) Processing Time
Hello Everbody,
I sponsored my wife and applied for a TRV so she can come to Canada.
The first TRV (visitor visa) was refused so I reapplied again and currently just waiting.
I just wanted to know if TRV applications for spousal sponsorship applicants are processed SEPARATELY from normal TRVs (usual processing times does not apply) OR all TRVs all processed within the same pile at IRCC visa offices aborad.
The idea is to anticipate the duration in order to make a decision whether I should still wait a little more in Canada or I should leave back home until the visa is processed.
For information : see the following : "PACP - Standing Committee on Public Accounts - OAG Report 9: Processing PR Applications - December 5, 2023 / Key messages : Going forward, most new TRV applications for spousal sponsorship applicants will be processed within 30 days."
Thank you in advance for your support.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2024
Hello everyone, I arrived in Canada on collective sponsorship for refugees abroad and I have permanent residency. Can I travel, get married, return and sponsor my wife to Canada, or must I have citizenship?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone, I arrived in Canada on collective sponsorship for refugees abroad and I have permanent residency. Can I travel, get married, return and sponsor my wife to Canada, or must I have citizenship?
You can travel, get married and sponsro your wife. BUT that cannot be done at your home country or where you are facing hardship. Also you cannot travel with your home passport as well.

To return to home country, you need to wait for citizenship and travel with Canadian passport. BUT that doesn't mean it's safe.

Reactions: samimohamad6281936
Jun 11, 2024
You can travel, get married and sponsro your wife. BUT that cannot be done at your home country or where you are facing hardship. Also you cannot travel with your home passport as well.

To return to home country, you need to wait for citizenship and travel with Canadian passport. BUT that doesn't mean it's safe.
Can't I travel with a travel document??
I won't to return home
How long does this treatment take?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Can't I travel with a travel document??
I won't to return home
How long does this treatment take?
You can travel with RTD but not to your home country. I think your questions are better fit/covered in the Refugee section.
I have no idea what "treatment" you are referring to. If you are a PR, you can apply for citizenship after accumulating 3 years physical stay in Canada.

Jun 11, 2024
You can travel with RTD but not to your home country. I think your questions are better fit/covered in the Refugee section.
I have no idea what "treatment" you are referring to. If you are a PR, you can apply for citizenship after accumulating 3 years physical stay in Canada.
I am talking about spousal sponsorship. How long does it take to process it?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
To be clear, travelling on your home country passport, getting a new passport, and ESPECIALLY returning even for a visit to your country of origin means you risk losing your refugee / protected person status AND your PR status.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The idea is to anticipate the duration in order to make a decision whether I should still wait a little more in Canada or I should leave back home until the visa is processed.
If you are a PR, you must be resident in Canada throughout the process. You can leave for short trips but longer bears risk of application being refused.

UDON55fai

Feb 12, 2021
Here we are mid-June 2024, and the IRCC still has not reached a final decision on our file. Absolutely ridiculous. All I ever see is "in progress" and apparently one security check and eligibility check to happen when I check IRCC tracker account. Who is doing this the Keysone Cops? Surely this should not take 3-4 months to accomplish.

• Sad
Reactions: Shiva91

ARWIN-M

Jun 18, 2024
Hi, Everyone
does anybody know what is the processing time for pr stamping ?
processing since May 27,2024 in delhi, india