Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Hello Sir Leon,

Me and my husband will send our sponsorship papers this month of december 2011. Will it be ok if he will come to visit me here in the Philippines even if our paper is on process?

Thank u in advance.

God bless you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chelseaviel said:
Me and my husband will send our sponsorship papers this month of december 2011. Will it be ok if he will come to visit me here in the Philippines even if our paper is on process?
If your husband is your sponsor and he is a Canadian citizen, he can visit you. If he is a PR, he needs to be living in Canada in order to sponsor you so he can not leave for too long. Visiting you for up to a month is probably ok if he has someone checking his mail and messages to make sure he does not miss any attempts of CIC to contact him. If he is gone longer than that, he would risk that they assume he is not living in Canada and deny the application.

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
Leon said:
You do not need to show income to sponsor a husband and child. As you are married and your husband is not yet PR, you must include him in the application, either as accompanying or not accompanying. Whichever you do, he will still need background checks and medicals so you might as well list him as accompanying so he will get PR also along with your child.

As your husband is studying in Canada, your case can be processed in Buffalo which is faster than Pakistan. Sponsoring through Islamabad takes up to 24 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#asia
Hi Leon, now I am a bit confused. Earlier (as quoted above) you suggested me to apply via Buffalo. Now you are saying applying inland has no option other than Vegreville. So please explain further. And yes, my hubby doesn't have a US visa nor will it be easy to get one.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i.imran said:
Hi Leon, now I am a bit confused. Earlier (as quoted above) you suggested me to apply via Buffalo. Now you are saying applying inland has no option other than Vegreville. So please explain further. And yes, my hubby doesn't have a US visa nor will it be easy to get one.
There are two ways to apply: Inland and Outland. You have to pick one of these.

If you apply Inland, then your application is sent to Vegreville for processing and you do not select a visa office.

If you apply Outland, then you must select the visa office that will process your file. As Leon mentioned, you shouldn't pick Buffalo unless you know you can enter the country without any problems (in the event they ask for an interview).

If you haven't done so already, read the very first post in this thread (by Leon). It should answer most of your questions.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i.imran said:
If your husband doesn't have or can't get a visa to Buffalo, then I was wrong to advise that to you. It can still work out fine if he doesn't get asked for an interview but if he is, you might have a problem there.

It is true though that inland has no other option than Vegreville. Applying through Buffalo is not an inland application, it is outland through the US. People admitted to Canada or the US with a one year or longer visa may apply outland through Buffalo so you have 3 options, inland Canada through Vegreville, outland through Buffalo or outland through Pakistan.

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
chelseaviel said:
Hello Sir Leon,

Thank u in advance.

God bless you.
@ chelseaviel

while your papers is still in process here in canada its better not to leave canada..
in my experience when my papers is already in process in the philippines, my husband came to visit me and stayed for 3 months..

sumant

Star Member
Dec 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-9-2011
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Med's Done....
26-8-2011
Interview........
20-6-2012 IN PROCESS 23-6-2012
Passport Req..
20-1-2012
not yet buddy. but iwill tell u wen ever i receive any thing.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
@Leon

Thank you Sir:) yes he is canadian citizen he will just stay for 3 weeks it's not that long anyway. Do we need to inform the immigration about his vacation leave?

@KMAEP
Thank you ma'am:)

kiwicanuck

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
18-03-2012
The first post on this thread saved my husband and me around a year and a half of waiting. That's the difference between inland and outland PR applications for a spouse from New Zealand. We had no idea we could apply via my home consulate even though I'm living in Canada! It really wasn't well expressed on the cic website. THANK YOU SO MUCH LEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chelseaviel said:
@ Leon

Thank you Sir:) yes he is canadian citizen he will just stay for 3 weeks it's not that long anyway. Do we need to inform the immigration about his vacation leave?
No, you do not have to inform immigration because of a 3 week vacation.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kiwicanuck said:
The first post on this thread saved my husband and me around a year and a half of waiting. That's the difference between inland and outland PR applications for a spouse from New Zealand. We had no idea we could apply via my home consulate even though I'm living in Canada! It really wasn't well expressed on the cic website. THANK YOU SO MUCH LEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am glad it helped you. The website doesn't advertise this option, that is true. It basically asks if the spouse to be sponsored is living in Canada and then directs you to the inland forms but there can be a huge difference in the waiting time as well as when you apply inland, you need to stay in Canada and people have actually lost their applications after 1+ years of waiting because they had to go back on a family emergency and couldn't get back in. However, that last one would not be common if you are visa exempt.

LYang

Dec 12, 2011
Hi, Leon.

Thanks for the respond it really help me out alot. I also have other fews question too. I am a U.S. citizen. Beside living in Canada, my question is when i do marry my girlfriend legally, does it apply it to both side like she can come live with me and i sponsor her? Or does she has a limited time to be here in the U.S while im sponsoring her? Or does she needs to be at Canada while the sponsor process and when approves, she can come live here?

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
good job leon!

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dear Friends,

my visa office is Damascus, Family, Spousal

processing time is 13.

I am now in my 8th and after asking them for situation of my file i received such an email:

"Dear Sir:
Please be advised that the application is undergoing further background verifications. Unfortunately, it is not possible to predict how long these will take. Once background checks are completed, we will be able to proceed with the application.
If we require additional information, we will contact you. In the meantime, if there is any change to the information submitted for the application, please inform us as soon as possible.
Please note that we are devoting all available resources to ensure that our priority Family Class cases (spouses, partners, and dependent children) are processed as quickly as possible. This application was received in our office on ***. Our objective is to finalize routine cases within 13 months of the date of receipt. Since further checks are required, this is not a routine case and finalizing it might take longer.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. "

What do you think about it?
Is it a ordinary email or have to i be worry about it?

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
thanku scylla and Leon ,i now understand my options but can u suggest which one would be better for me.as waiting time from

islamabad is 63days + 26 months
buffalo is 63 days + 11months
vegreville 12months + 8months

my husband has 1yr visa and will hopefully then get 1yr workpermit while daughter has trv expiring after 8 months.