28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i.imran said:
thanku scylla and Leon ,i now understand my options but can u suggest which one would be better for me.as waiting time from

islamabad is 63days + 26 months
buffalo is 63 days + 11months
vegreville 12months + 8months

my husband has 1yr visa and will hopefully then get 1yr workpermit while daughter has trv expiring after 8 months.
Do you have a visa to enter the US? If not - then option #2 (Buffalo) is out. If you're asked to attend an interview it will be held in Buffalo. And we've seen several cases here where people have been refused visit visas to the US, haven't attended their PR interview, the PR was refused and they had to start again from scratch. Only go with Buffalo if you already have a visa to enter the US.

Other than that - it's really a personal choice if you pick inland or outland through Islamabad. I don't think any of us can make that decision for you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i.imran said:
thanku scylla and Leon ,i now understand my options but can u suggest which one would be better for me.as waiting time from

islamabad is 63days + 26 months
buffalo is 63 days + 11months
vegreville 12months + 8months

my husband has 1yr visa and will hopefully then get 1yr workpermit while daughter has trv expiring after 8 months.
You can apply to extend the TRV of your daughter. As for the husband, if he has a one year study program and completes it, he should get the 1 year PG work permit but at that time, if you apply inland, he should be getting his open work permit anyway so he can work, he just can't leave. If there is a family emergency and they call for him to go back home, he might not be able to come back to Canada which would mean that he would be stuck in Pakistan and you would lose the time you already spent waiting for inland and have to apply again outland. If there is a risk that he might have to go back to Pakistan, you could also apply outland through Islamabad right now and hope he gets his visa before his 1 year study permit and 1 year work permit expire.

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
Thanku for guiding me about US visa, i didnt knw its that difficult to get ,actually on cic website they have mentioned buffalo as visa office for canada ,see here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

thats y i thought that to b n option ,but lets consider it out.

from remaining two ,i asked for n advice coz u ppl see many cases here and have hands on experience.I have seen many ppl here not considering inland as a good option mainly because of length of time but my problem is my home country has even lengthier time.I would want to knw that the figures they show on website are so followed too ?or they can be double than that.
What if i apply inland and in 2yrs for any reason my application is gone, my husband can apply through experienced class category?
also if my husband leaves canada during inland application is in process ,will my daughters application be not processed?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i.imran said:
from remaining two ,i asked for n advice coz u ppl see many cases here and have hands on experience.I have seen many ppl here not considering inland as a good option mainly because of length of time but my problem is my home country has even lengthier time.I would want to knw that the figures they show on website are so followed too ?or they can be double than that.
What if i apply inland and in 2yrs for any reason my application is gone, my husband can apply through experienced class category?
also if my husband leaves canada during inland application is in process ,will my daughters application be not processed?
The processing time can be faster or slower than what is given. For inland, it is possible that you have first stage approval in 6 months but they list as the average 11-12. It is also possible that Vegreville wants to interview in which case they send your file to the local CIC office in the town you live and if that happens, sometimes you have to wait 2-3 years for this interview depending on how busy that office is.

For outland, the 2 years listed are the time it takes to process 80% of cases. If your case is in the fastest 30% or fastest 50% it will be faster.

If you apply inland and lose your application, if your husband did only a 1 year course and 1 year work permit, he can not apply through CEC. He needs either 2 years skilled work or 2 years studies and 1 year skilled work. If he could get his work permit changed to a regular work permit, he would buy more time and he could get sponsored by employer under PNP or possibly apply through PNP as a graduate.

I do not know what would happen to the inland application of a dependent child if the sponsored parent loses their application. I have never heard of such a case. I would assume it continues but I am not sure.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
@ Leon

Sir, On the Generic Application form it is stated their that the principal applicant should be the one to fill up the form but under Contact Information I wrote my husband's contact information so whenever the CPC-M will send us their reply it would be faster considering that my husband is already in Canada compare here in the philippines it might take some time.

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
Leon said:
If you apply inland and lose your application, if your husband did only a 1 year course and 1 year work permit, he can not apply through CEC. He needs either 2 years skilled work or 2 years studies and 1 year skilled work. If he could get his work permit changed to a regular work permit, he would buy more time and he could get sponsored by employer under PNP or possibly apply through PNP as a graduate.
on requirements of CEC ,they say for Graduates:

12 months of qualifying work Experience within the last 24 months and graduated from a recognized post-secondary educational institution and obtained the necessary Canadian educational credential
.(from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp)

He is doing 1yr Masters in engg from uni of Waterloo.Is it not fulfilling the condition of graduating from recognized institution?They r not using the term "2 yr studies"

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i.imran said:
He is doing 1yr Masters in engg from uni of Waterloo.Is it not fulfilling the condition of graduating from recognized institution?They r not using the term "2 yr studies"
See here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/graduates.asp#education said:
If you want to apply based on your Canadian credentials, you must complete either:

* a full-time Canadian post-secondary educational program of at least two years or
* a one-year Master’s program (certificates and diplomas cannot be counted) and an additional year of education, obtained in Canada, before admission into the one-year program (for a total of two years).
So his masters program will only qualify if he completes a one year program in Canada before he enters the masters program.

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
right.....

vl catch u later if i have more questions. thanks a lot for the sincere help.

JATT_PUNJABI

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need Help in understanding the status of ECAS:

Sponsorship

We received your application to sponsor ABC on October 3, 2011.

We started processing your application on December 12, 2011.

We sent you a letter on December 12, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Please tell, is this approval of sponsorship?

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ Jatt_Punjabi

Yes! Congratulations!

Think of it this way, if it wasn't approved, why would they start 'processing" your application right?

sannkam

Jul 26, 2009
Arezou said:
Dear Friends,

my visa office is Damascus, Family, Spousal

processing time is 13.

I am now in my 8th and after asking them for situation of my file i received such an email:

"Dear Sir:
Please be advised that the application is undergoing further background verifications. Unfortunately, it is not possible to predict how long these will take. Once background checks are completed, we will be able to proceed with the application.
If we require additional information, we will contact you. In the meantime, if there is any change to the information submitted for the application, please inform us as soon as possible.
Please note that we are devoting all available resources to ensure that our priority Family Class cases (spouses, partners, and dependent children) are processed as quickly as possible. This application was received in our office on ***. Our objective is to finalize routine cases within 13 months of the date of receipt. Since further checks are required, this is not a routine case and finalizing it might take longer.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. "

What do you think about it?
Is it a ordinary email or have to i be worry about it?
You are lucky to get a response, I have emailed and faxed POS and NEVER got a response

harry.iel888

Dec 15, 2011
Hi everyone I am seeking for help regarding my sponsorship to mu husband CIC returned our application .

It says we are not able to process as it is incomplete.
missing the ff

1. A newly completed Sponsored Spouse/partner questionnaire (IMM 5490) bearing original signiture. ( But we submitted this form with my husband original signature. All form must be signed and date. Incomplete forms will result in a delay in the processing of your application. For all requested form, question must be answered in full. Details must be provided for every month/ year since age of 18. ( Pls help me with this one is it my hubby's personal history? Do not leave any gaps or blanks. Write NONE in the box if the question is not applicable...

Ex. of what my hubby's did to his personal history goes like this:

Since 18 yrs old
from to
Year month year month

2011 11 present

2010 10 2010 11

2008 11 2010 09

2006 09 2008 10

And i should re submit the whole package again including the new info before specific date they gave as time frame to submit.

Indigo

Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
harry.iel888 said:
Hi everyone I am seeking for help regarding my sponsorship to mu husband CIC returned our application .

It says we are not able to process as it is incomplete.
missing the ff

1. A newly completed Sponsored Spouse/partner questionnaire (IMM 5490) bearing original signiture. ( But we submitted this form with my husband original signature. All form must be signed and date. Incomplete forms will result in a delay in the processing of your application. For all requested form, question must be answered in full. Details must be provided for every month/ year since age of 18. ( Pls help me with this one is it my hubby's personal history? Do not leave any gaps or blanks. Write NONE in the box if the question is not applicable...

Ex. of what my hubby's did to his personal history goes like this:

Since 18 yrs old
from to
Year month year month

2011 11 present

2010 10 2010 11

2008 11 2010 09

2006 09 2008 10

And i should re submit the whole package again including the new info before specific date they gave as time frame to submit.
First of all, did you write the date on IMM 5490? And is it the originally signed form, not a copy? Did you use the newest forms available on the CIC website?
The personal history question is form IMM5669, right? He is supposed to write down what he did between the day he turned 18 and the present, with no gaps. He left a 1 year gap between November 2010 and November 2011. CIC will therefore consider the form incomplete, which is most likely the reason the application got returned. If your husband was unemployed between Nov 2010 and Nov 2011, he should write "unemployed".

jatinder430

Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HEY EVERY ONE,

pLEASE TELL, WHEN 1 GETS HIS FILE NUMBER AFTER SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL, WHETHER CPC-M GIVES IT OR VO ABROAD GIVES THE SAME?
ALSO, TELL HOW A SPONSOR CAN UPDATE HIS EMAIL ID? WE HAVE UCI NO WITH US AND IT IS SHOWING ONLY SPONSOR/PR STATUS ONLY. ECAS IS NOT SHOWING ADDRESS.

harry.iel888

Dec 15, 2011
Indigo said:
First of all, did you write the date on IMM 5490? And is it the originally signed form, not a copy? Did you use the newest forms available on the CIC website?
The personal history question is form IMM5669, right? He is supposed to write down what he did between the day he turned 18 and the present, with no gaps. He left a 1 year gap between November 2010 and November 2011. CIC will therefore consider the form incomplete, which is most likely the reason the application got returned. If your husband was unemployed between Nov 2010 and Nov 2011, he should write "unemployed".
I checked many times the history my hubby put on his application yes and i noticed that there was a gap and blank on those year ang months. And regarding the IMM 5490 the page2 of the form was missing , now its a lesson to learn that's why CIC asking for a newly completed IMM 5490...this forum help me so much it gives me so much information...thank you