+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
I've been a Canadian PR since April, 2011 and living in Calgary and now looking forward to sponsor my wife. She did live in Singapore for about 4 years. We are trying to get more info on how to get Certificate of clearance from Singapore. and website says that Non - Singaporean has to wait for letter from CIC and then we have to send them to Singapore police force and they will mail them directly to CIC.

Really appreciate if some one who has received COC from Singapore could highlight more on this like

1) How long it takes to get request letter from CIC ?
2) How long it takes for Singapore police to send that doc to CIC ?
3) Do we have to send some doc mentioning we do not have COC from Singapore when sending initial document ?
4) Does my wife has to go to Singapore for this or she can just mail those required doc ?

Thanks,

dslr

Dec 19, 2011
Hi. I just want to ask if I can still petition my girlfriend, which also is the mother of my daughter, when we got married? I landed here in Canada as a permanent resident with me and my daughter dependent to my mother. At the time of our application, the immigration sent us a letter regarding the status of me and my girlfriend. The problem is, that time we were not in good conditions although we are still friends, so I wrote in the letter that we were not together but still has communication. As time goes by, we became okay again with the decision that it will be the best for our child. She also signed a document allowing our daughter to come with me here in Canada. Are there any misrepresentations on what I did? Thanks in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dslr said:
Hi. I just want to ask if I can still petition my girlfriend, which also is the mother of my daughter, when we got married? I landed here in Canada as a permanent resident with me and my daughter dependent to my mother. At the time of our application, the immigration sent us a letter regarding the status of me and my girlfriend. The problem is, that time we were not in good conditions although we are still friends, so I wrote in the letter that we were not together but still has communication. As time goes by, we became okay again with the decision that it will be the best for our child. She also signed a document allowing our daughter to come with me here in Canada. Are there any misrepresentations on what I did? Thanks in advance.
If you were not together at the time you immigrated, you did not commit misrepresentation. If you marry her now, you can sponsor her but you might have to explain to immigration a bit more that this was not the plan all along to say you were not together so you could immigrate with your mother and then marry her later.

JATT_PUNJABI

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

Please tell me how to check address of applicant using client ID in ecas?
Mine showing decision made in sponsor status and application/medical results received in permanent residence application (showing no address).

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Medical Exam and Payment receipt

@ Leon

Leon said:
1) Write "undecided"

2) Write "present" in the 2nd date field.
Will it be ok if I put N/A? coz I have already submitted the form to my husband:( if not, I really have to redo it :(

Sir, I just want to ask about the following questions:
1) I have submitted all the forms to my husband together with the supporting documents but my medical is not included with it yet. Do we need to wait for the letter notifying me that I should do my medical exam? or can I do it right away send it to CPC-M together with my sponsorship application?

2) My husband who is currently in canada now wants to pay for the application fee but the form IMM 5401 is should be ordered online and it takes 2 weeks before he will be able to receive it :( is there other way to have that form faster? :( we supposed to send the application within this month (December).

Thank you Sir Leon.

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Admirable said:
Meds received is the last update before a ppr.
How long does it usually take for them to ask for your passport?

Is the date they receive your application the start of the processing time?

Admirable

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2011 & 27-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012 (2nd medical redo)
Med's Done....
06-06-2010 and 09-03-2012
Interview........
08-03-2012 Positive
Passport Req..
18-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
No one knows. It can be anytime. All you can do is wait until you get the request from the visa office.

dslr

Dec 19, 2011
@ leon

What do you mean by being together? We became okay again probably a few months or a year after I told the immigration that we are just friends. Another thing I am confused is the common law relationships because we do not have that kind of status in our country. We live only just 5 minutes walk away from our house and we have a daughter. So sometimes we sleep at our house, their house, or seperate when busy from studies or having fights :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dslr said:
@ leon

What do you mean by being together? We became okay again probably a few months or a year after I told the immigration that we are just friends. Another thing I am confused is the common law relationships because we do not have that kind of status in our country. We live only just 5 minutes walk away from our house and we have a daughter. So sometimes we sleep at our house, their house, or seperate when busy from studies or having fights :)
Common law is living together in the same house/apartment as a husband and wife for 12 months or more. I would say you are not common law if you are living in different apartments and just staying over at each others house every now and then.

As for being together, I mean boyfriend and girlfriend. You have already said to immigration that at the time you immigrated, you were not boyfriend and girlfriend, just friends so you can not change that now.

dslr

Dec 19, 2011
@leon

But I can still marry her and wont have any problems deported back? I immigrated here May 2011 and the letter was sent I think around June 2008. Im sorry if it seems like Im rushing things. Its just I cant stand my 4 yo daughter always telling me that she misses and wants her mom to be with us..

sabiya

Dec 19, 2011
hi this is sabiya i just have to state date with due respect kindly help me out as soon as possible m indian citizen but ot married in canada on 28 nov o9 and have applied for permanent residencial in canada was sponsored by my husban i have send my passport with application approval letter on 27sep11 and have nt recieved any responce yet i really wana o to my husband its been real lon i need hi i miss him plzzzz do helpi have had tried all possible techniques this is one of them hope this will work inshallah thank you sabiya

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dslr said:
@ leon

But I can still marry her and wont have any problems deported back? I immigrated here May 2011 and the letter was sent I think around June 2008. Im sorry if it seems like Im rushing things. Its just I cant stand my 4 yo daughter always telling me that she misses and wants her mom to be with us..
No, you shouldn't have any problems. The main thing is that you did not live together for 12 months before you immigrated. I am sure both your families can verify that you were not living together before you immigrated.

RDQ

Dec 19, 2011
Hello.. Just want to ask on what to do. My husband forgot to include his sister on the additional family information.. We just found this out while looking through his submitted application. His paper is already sent out to the visa office from CIC as I the sponsor has been approved already. Is there anyway we could correct this out? ie. sending another copy of the additional family information to the visa office? Will it cause much delay in our application? Or worse, will it be cause for a refusal? Just too paranoid right now.
Oh by the way, we're planning to sponsor his sister in the future, that's why this is much a corcern to me. Thanks.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
RDQ said:
Hello.. Just want to ask on what to do. My husband forgot to include his sister on the additional family information.. We just found this out while looking through his submitted application. His paper is already sent out to the visa office from CIC as I the sponsor has been approved already. Is there anyway we could correct this out? ie. sending another copy of the additional family information to the visa office? Will it cause much delay in our application? Or worse, will it be cause for a refusal? Just too paranoid right now.
Oh by the way, we're planning to sponsor his sister in the future, that's why this is much a corcern to me. Thanks.
You need to correct the form and send it to the embassy ASAP. Undeclared and unexamined family members cannot be sponsored. EVER. So I suggest you get on it quickly and get it corrected.