Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
kuchikooo said:
Thanks for the advice Mrs. Christmas. We havent lived together so we wont qualify for common-law. May I know why you were given advice by a lawyer about this kind of situation? Were you in the same situtation as ours? What did you do with your application? Was it succesful?

You got married therefore you don't qualify for common law ..Lots of people do this just make sure your application is solid and that you have both joined as much as your life together. Get your husband to put you as his beneficiary on his life insurance , and get him to change his status with Revenue Canada .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
farzad_87 said:
I'm Iranian and need a Visa to enter Canada. My wife is a Permanent Resident (PR) and I don't want to start spousal sponsorship now, because it a time consuming process and during this time I can not go Canada!

Therefore, I prefer to go there as a visitor. I want to know is there any chance for me to obtain vista through visitor application? How can I prove for the officer that I will return to Iran?
Hi

Unfortunately, there is very little chance that you will be granted a TRV. As a non visa-exempt person from a fairly unstable country with a PR spouse in Canada, you are a very high risk to overstay. You can still apply, there is the odd case that gets approval, but don't put all of your hopes on it.

I suggest you apply for PR ASAP.

sevarubbo

Feb 28, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
She should have submitted an OWP app with her inland PR app. She can submit it now [[link]]. She will have Implied Status after her current status expires in May until she receives her OWP.
Thank you so much for the reply! But I've got some question about OWP.
Does OWP allow her to stay in Canada? For how long usually OWP is issued? I looked through the "Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker" and they ask you about your intended job and employer. Should she leave it blank? What additional documents should she send along with the application? And the last question: Can she apply for OWP and for an extension of her visitor status at the same time?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sevarubbo said:
Thank you so much for the reply! But I've got some question about OWP.
Does OWP allow her to stay in Canada? For how long usually OWP is issued? I looked through the "Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker" and they ask you about your intended job and employer. Should she leave it blank? What additional documents should she send along with the application? And the last question: Can she apply for OWP and for an extension of her visitor status at the same time?
As I stated, she will have Implied Status after her current visitor status expires; this allows her to legally stay in Canada until a decision is made on the OWP app. She would then receive an OWP.

Put N/A for employer/LMIA sections.

If she submits the OWP app, there is no need to apply to extend her visitor status.

itsmrchiptoyou

Jul 24, 2013
Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Hi there everyone.

So hoping to get some information from all the experience on this forum.

So our situation

My wife is Canadian and i am Irish. I had worked in Canada for 2 year from 2010-2012 when we first met, and then have been living long distance until September of last year,
I had proposed last September when i visited her in Toronto. Our plan was for her to live and work with me in Ireland for a year so we could apply an Common law. However because i had proposed, we are now married as of last Friday.

Our application is almost complete, we have our marriage license and almost completed all the supporting documents as proof of our relationship.

So whats next? We will be sending in the Application.
My wife will then be moving back to Toronto in October of this year, I will be going also but only for a 2 weeks visit and then coming back to Ireland to continue working.

So, With all the experience on here, what do you think of your plan? is there anything else we should be doing?
Any response would be really appreciated.

thank you

Ciaran.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Great post! I'm a newbie and I have a few questions about how the forum operates....I've wandered around a bit...

1. how do people get their status posted on the left side under their icon?

2. When you open a thread, the posts are shown from oldest to newest...is there a way to reverse this (I've just been clicking on the last page listed at the top)

3. I noticed that there are some threads centered around VISA offices and date of application...is there a way to organize posts in this forum to do this more easily?

I'm looking for information for Syrian applicants (outland of course)....and would love to connect with other Canadian sponsors who are trying to sponsor a Syrian spouse (who lives in Dubai)...

I've been through the CIC info and have received info from various people who have experience in immigration matters. I was heartened to see people who have landed still sharing their knowledge and helping others.

Take care,

Cindy

ccastillo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN-05-2015
Doc's Request.
AUG-04-2015
AOR Received.
MAR-11-2015 AOR2 Received: APR-16-2015
File Transfer...
MAR-15-2015 In Process: AUG-06-2015 Decision Made: SEPT-22-2015
Med's Request
OCT-29-2014 (Upfront)
Med's Done....
AUG-21-2015 (Re-Medical)
Passport Req..
SEPT-10-2015 | SENT SEPT 11 2015
VISA ISSUED...
SEPT-28-2015
LANDED..........
OCT 11-2015
itsmrchiptoyou said:
Hi there everyone.

So hoping to get some information from all the experience on this forum.

So our situation

My wife is Canadian and i am Irish. I had worked in Canada for 2 year from 2010-2012 when we first met, and then have been living long distance until September of last year,
I had proposed last September when i visited her in Toronto. Our plan was for her to live and work with me in Ireland for a year so we could apply an Common law. However because i had proposed, we are now married as of last Friday.

Our application is almost complete, we have our marriage license and almost completed all the supporting documents as proof of our relationship.

So whats next? We will be sending in the Application.
My wife will then be moving back to Toronto in October of this year, I will be going also but only for a 2 weeks visit and then coming back to Ireland to continue working.

So, With all the experience on here, what do you think of your plan? is there anything else we should be doing?
Any response would be really appreciated.

thank you

Ciaran.

Now that you are married, i think it will be much easier for you to prove your relationship since you'll be providing them a legal document which is your marriage certificate. Include pictures, travel tickets on visiting each other and communication as proof of your relationship. In my case i have downloaded our viber, facebook msgs and skype logs, provided them 10 pages of each type and printed out pictures with captions. Since you'll be traveling together, include boarding pass of those kind of trips, it can also serve as a proof.

The link below helped me a lot on putting our application together and i know it will be helpful for you as well.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/september-2014-outland-applications-t238895.15.html

Goodluck! You don't need to worry so much, just provide everything on the checklist and it should be good :)

Jodie Gill

Mar 3, 2015
Hi all.... we are new to this forum and have loads of questions! My husband is from Ireland and I'm a Canadian. He is here (thankfully!) on a 2 year work permit. We are trying to figure out the best way to apply.... inland vs outland. Like I mentioned earlier we are new to this forum thing and would appreciate any feedback at all. Good luck to you all :)

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
I am a PR (permanent residency) in Canada, working for 3 years now after getting my Masters from Ontario (came to do Masters in 2010). Currently planning to get married to a girl in India. Need URGENT advise and I thank you for your time.

Few FYIs about my future spouse... that I think might influence your response:
- She has family in Ontario. Real sisters in PR (whose soon expecting and accompanied my her mom on visitor visa) on PR and real brother on Study Visa in Ontario.
- She just finished her Engineering in India and has less than 1 year if work experience and a new job (approx. one month in by now.
- She is from a middle service class family.

Goals, I wish to achieve and looking for your valuable guidance towards the same:
1. Get married and stay together (as quickly as possible)
2. To enable my future spouse to be able to work in Canada (because any time she is unable to, its the time lost on resume)

Please Advise on best methods to achieve the above Goal 1 and may be Goal 2.

Current Methods I know.

Method A
1. Get Visitor (or may be Study Visa) (very risky as of now give significant family presence in Canada and her age and current career timings)
2. Assuming you get Visitor Visa, get married in India and apply for sponsorship
3.Fly to Toronto and wait for her PR process to compete.

Method B
1. Get married
2. Sponsor her PR
3. Apply for Visitor visa
4. Both of us fly to Toronto and wait for her PR process to compete.

Other Methods ????
1.... Please advise!

Question

Please Suggest the best Method to adopt or advise a new method to achieve Goal 1 and may be Goal 2 (bonus)?

Is visitor visa a risky option than a Study Permit?
When is more risky to apply for VISA before or after sponsoring her PR?

Which Method is more risky than the other? Are there any ways to manage reduce the risk in each method or work around the risks?

Is she more likely to get Visa before getting married (understanding that her family is here in Canada) or after i.e. after getting married and havering applied under family sponsorship?

Thank you for your time; I appreciate the guidance.

Indiapnp

Jasmeet09

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-Mar-2015
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 15-April-2015 , SA- 07-May-2015
File Transfer...
AOR 2 - 15-May-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Hi.. I am a canadian PR and I have applied for spouse visa for my husband who is in india. I have sent the sponsorhsip and pr application to cic in manitoba. so I wanted to know that do we get any email confirmation for sponsorship application ? how I will come to know that my sponsorship application is approved and they have sent the pr application to delhi embassy ?
I remember that I got a aor when I sent my pr application to delhi embassy. but I dont know what will happen in spousal sponsorship application ?

secondly where i can find post related to spousal sponsorship application who has applied in march 2015 ?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasmeet09 said:
Hi.. I am a canadian PR and I have applied for spouse visa for my husband who is in india. I have sent the sponsorhsip and pr application to cic in manitoba. so I wanted to know that do we get any email confirmation for sponsorship application ? how I will come to know that my sponsorship application is approved and they have sent the pr application to delhi embassy ?
I remember that I got a aor when I sent my pr application to delhi embassy. but I dont know what will happen in spousal sponsorship application ?

secondly where i can find post related to spousal sponsorship application who has applied in march 2015 ?
Why did you send it to Manitoba? It needed to be sent to Mississauga.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Jasmeet09 said:

- For the march 2015 thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/march-2015-outland-applications-t273028.0.html
- You'll get a notification (AoR) that they opened your package, another notification if you're approved and a new one when they send your applcation to the Visa Office that corresponds on your country.
- Manitoba? What? Why?

Jasmeet09

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-Mar-2015
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 15-April-2015 , SA- 07-May-2015
File Transfer...
AOR 2 - 15-May-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
I am sorry guys ... My mistake ... Typo... its Mississauga ;D

RandyD

Jan 6, 2015
As I move along a few more questions....

the app will be sent shortly but my family's passports expire in june. do they need to renew before i send?

option c printout and letter of employment. is this enough info for them? maybe include t4?

electronic signature...just wondering about this. print and sign?

thanks for the reply:)