+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
u shouldn't a frnd of mine applied on nov 23 and received the approval letter on jan 15 last yr

raags said:
Hello everyone,

I recently applied for my spouse sponsorship i.e 12th November 2014 and received on 13th November 2014. As per the processing time mentioned on CIC website i would expect my sponsor approval till January 2015, but the question i have is that do they slow down or stop the process from 15th December 2014- 15th January 2015 as government holidays...??????
Do i expect my approval to be delayed..??

Waiting for suggestions...

Thanks

scubadive1

Nov 22, 2014
I am new to the Forum. Thank you everyone for your contributions to support those of us attempting to move into Canada. I have spent the bulk of the day reading through postings.

I have a partner that lives on Vancouver Island, B.C. and I live on the Big Island of Hawaii. We met earlier in the year and have been flying back and forth monthly and spend time together....and it is fantastic. But we want to spend every day together, rather than 7 to 10 days a months. And i am enlisting your help to navigate the "Gauntlet". I am a U.S. citizen and she is a Belgium citizen with permanent residency in Canada. She is setting up a language school and cannot move. I can. I can work anywhere. So guess who is moving?

Here is the plan. What do you think? I am going to fly into Victoria on March 2, 2015 (a couple of months) and get a 6 month visa. At the end of March we will travel to Tacoma and we will pick up my car that I will ship...gotta have a car...and drive back across the border. On May 1, I need to go to Montana for a couple of weeks and drive back across the border into Canada.

When I arrive it seems I want to process a Sponsor Approval and seek a job so I may process a Temporary Work Permit. I can process a Professional Work Visa, but it appears the TWP is alot more immediate and functional. I haven't read the rules for Domestic Partner and Common Law yet, can't wait; trust me on this one. What do you think?

I mean really? All I want to do is process a CPP or a CSQ (maybe) and wait for a SA so I can get a COPR (and maybe an ASE on the fly), then an OHIP and process a B-4 and get an SIN and.....maaaaaybe process a W-8 if I don't forget. The least of my worries is the FBI or the Dr. (they don't have an acronym for a Dr. do they?).....I don't plan on going to caipsnotes.com to check on status.....God willing it and barring Canadian holidays and weekends...........it will come. I am sure of it!

Thank God we are going to do this "outland" while I am in Canada on a visa................for expediency.

In Advance, I appreciate your contributions and support.

At this point all I really neeed is a cold beer and a double shot of cheap whisky!!!!

florida14

Nov 4, 2013
Hi there

Can you help... I was in Canada and got married - we applied for Sponsorship Outland - as I had to come back to the UK to sort my House etc ready for selling. On the forms I put in both the Canadian address and my UK address - Mississauga recd the application on Sep 9 then forwarded it to London UK who advised us they had recd it...On the page when I was checking the application status it says current mailing address - which is the Canadian one - where Husband is...does it matter or should I phone them and give them my UK address, We are both UK born and bred

Morganhannah

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
18-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2015
Hi everyone!

If anyone has any input on this it would be wonderful!

My birth certificate has my middle name but my passport does not- therefore I did not put it on our marriage license, and my husband has his middle name on his passport but it is not on the marriage license either. Will that be a problem at all in the application? He filled out the forms with his middle name because that's how it is presented on his passport. But mine I left out, should I put it in under Alias?

Thank you if anyone has any info!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Morganhannah said:
Hi everyone!

My birth certificate has my middle name but my passport does not- therefore I did not put it on our marriage license, and my husband has his middle name on his passport but it is not on the marriage license either. Will that be a problem at all in the application? He filled out the forms with his middle name because that's how it is presented on his passport. But mine I left out, should I put it in under Alias?

I had the same thing. It is on my birth certificate but not on my passport so I didn't write it. I just wrote an explanation stating this. It wasn't an issue at all.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Morganhannah said:
Hi everyone!

I had the same exact issue. My birth certificate has a middle name but nothing else does. My passport, marriage certificate, my entire LIFE does not have a middle name. So, I called CIC before I sent in my application and they told me that the application name must reflect my name exactly as it appears on my passport. However, I did include a small note explaining that I do not use my middle name since I can remember and what the CIC call agent told me.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
scubadive1 said:
I am new to the Forum. Thank you everyone for your contributions to support those of us attempting to move into Canada. I have spent the bulk of the day reading through postings.

I have a partner that lives on Vancouver Island, B.C. and I live on the Big Island of Hawaii. We met earlier in the year and have been flying back and forth monthly and spend time together....and it is fantastic. But we want to spend every day together, rather than 7 to 10 days a months. And i am enlisting your help to navigate the "Gauntlet". I am a U.S. citizen and she is a Belgium citizen with permanent residency in Canada. She is setting up a language school and cannot move. I can. I can work anywhere. So guess who is moving?

Here is the plan. What do you think? I am going to fly into Victoria on March 2, 2015 (a couple of months) and get a 6 month visa. At the end of March we will travel to Tacoma and we will pick up my car that I will ship...gotta have a car...and drive back across the border. On May 1, I need to go to Montana for a couple of weeks and drive back across the border into Canada.

When I arrive it seems I want to process a Sponsor Approval and seek a job so I may process a Temporary Work Permit. I can process a Professional Work Visa, but it appears the TWP is alot more immediate and functional. I haven't read the rules for Domestic Partner and Common Law yet, can't wait; trust me on this one. What do you think?

I mean really? All I want to do is process a CPP or a CSQ (maybe) and wait for a SA so I can get a COPR (and maybe an ASE on the fly), then an OHIP and process a B-4 and get an SIN and.....maaaaaybe process a W-8 if I don't forget. The least of my worries is the FBI or the Dr. (they don't have an acronym for a Dr. do they?).....I don't plan on going to caipsnotes.com to check on status.....God willing it and barring Canadian holidays and weekends...........it will come. I am sure of it!

Thank God we are going to do this "outland" while I am in Canada on a visa................for expediency.

In Advance, I appreciate your contributions and support.

At this point all I really neeed is a cold beer and a double shot of cheap whisky!!!!
Rhcohen replied to you in the US thread...although I'm not entirely convinced you aren't taking the.....

mari joi

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
10.15.2014 upfront
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi! To all the november applicants,did you guys used the updated IMM 0008(November 2014) Form in your sent application?

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
mari joi said:
Hi! To all the november applicants,did you guys used the updated IMM 0008(November 2014) Form in your sent application?
If its up on the website I would use the updated form. A lot of the August 2014 applicants got caught in the "please use updated form" cycle because there was a form update in August of this year.

mari joi

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
10.15.2014 upfront
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mariac819 said:
If its up on the website I would use the updated form. A lot of the August 2014 applicants got caught in the "please use updated form" cycle because there was a form update in August of this year.
Im the principal applicant and i sent my application to my husband last october using the old form. we were able to sent in our application to Missisauga only recently unaware of the new form. Should I just fill out the updated form and send it to my husband just in case Missisauga will ask for it?

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
mari joi said:
Im the principal applicant and i sent my application to my husband last october using the old form. we were able to sent in our application to Missisauga only recently unaware of the new form. Should I just fill out the updated form and send it to my husband just in case Missisauga will ask for it?
No you will have to wait until CIC contacts you as they will not be able to match up the new form to your application as you do not have a file number as yet.

mari joi

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
10.15.2014 upfront
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
brucem said:
No you will have to wait until CIC contacts you as they will not be able to match up the new form to your application as you do not have a file number as yet.
I see..so obviously,this adds to the delay of processing our application. :( :( :(

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
mari joi said:
I see..so obviously,this adds to the delay of processing our application. :( :( :(
Have a look at the August 2014 thread. It could give you a better picture.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
mari joi said:
Probably. I double-checked just before sending my family's application and had to refill a couple of forms that had just been updated (though we couldn't find any changes when we compared the old and the new forms). It was a pain to do, but I'm glad I noticed because we avoided delays. The lesson is to always check just before mailing your application packages that you have used the most up-to-date forms. On the other hand, I've even seen a couple of cases where officers returned applications that were filed BEFORE new forms were published and had just been sitting in the queue for a long time - because they had used the old forms! It's not a legitimate basis for rejecting an application, but obviously there's not much you can do to prevent that sort of stuff from happening.