Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ahndie69 said:
Is there a march and april 2014 applicants here who already have a copr visa
I am april applicant, i send my passport aom rprf and appendix A last august 13, it was requested thru email last august 4, 2014 by CEM

If anyone here got a visa, pls reply here.
you will want to ask this question specifically in the thread for your visa office. not all visa offices process the same way, so yes there are applicants from march and april who have received copr's from certain visa offices and already landed. it doesn't mean anything is wrong with your application, just that your visa office handles files differently.

Anoushkev

Aug 26, 2014
tink23 said:
Right now it is taking about 2 years. What would be your Outland visa office? Although not ideal, if it is a quick processing time you might be better to withdraw your inland application and reapply as Outland. Some Outland applications can be quite fast. In fact my husband's was only 3 months from start to finish, even though his visa office listed it as a 14 month process. Not to mention, there is no issue with leaving during the outland process and with a valid study permit you would get back into Canada after your Christmas vacation.
Thank you for your help. I am syrian and if i do Outland its going to be probbly through lebanon or Jordan in both cases the timeline is 23months. But i've been reading alot and asking different people, about the possibility of traveling, some told me that if i do leave with a valid passport (multiple entry) and upon returning i do that with my husband (sponsor) and inform that i am still studying, there shouldnt be a problem, is there ANYONE who traveled during their inland application?????

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Middle Name Question

I have a question for which I haven't been able to find a straight answer on the forums.

At birth I was given a middle name for example Maria Sofia Smith

Yet all my legal documents are under Maria Smith (My passport, my school records, my drivers license, my marriage certificate)

The only thing that has my middle name is my birth certificate.

Immigration form IMM0008 question 2A-B asks if we have ever used another name and to list it.

Would this include my middle name? Should I answer yes and list my middle name?

Again, I have never used it for anything since I was born.

Would CIC answer this question if I give them a call?

THank You

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
Re: Middle Name Question

Mariac819 said:
I have a question for which I haven't been able to find a straight answer on the forums.

Yet all my legal documents are under Maria Smith (My passport, my school records, my drivers license, my marriage certificate)

Immigration form IMM0008 question 2A-B asks if we have ever used another name and to list it.

THank You
My husband has two middle names, however he only ever uses one (example John Michael Jacob Smith, he only uses John Michael Smith). He does have two middle names on his birth certificate, but one everywhere else. We only put the middle name that he uses on his application, not both. We selected "No" for question 2A/B. We had no issues, and his CoPR came through with only one middle name.

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Re: Middle Name Question

Mariac819 said:

THank You
I would probably add my middle name to it and attach something explaining what you've just explained. During our app process if there was anything that was difficult or somewhat confusing I always added a piece of paper with that specific file. It's better they understand everything versus questioning it. But they may also not even care if its a name you've never used. From my understanding it just depends on who you get. Hope this helps at least a little.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
I agree. Either add the name or don't but make sure to write them a letter explaining. Your passport doesn't have the middle name on it? They will see the discrepancy and will wonder why so if you can explain it in a letter it will help. Make sure when you write the letter to put your name on it, the number of the form and the number and title of the question that your letter is answering.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
JAMO1973 said:
I agree. Either add the name or don't but make sure to write them a letter explaining. Your passport doesn't have the middle name on it? They will see the discrepancy and will wonder why so if you can explain it in a letter it will help. Make sure when you write the letter to put your name on it, the number of the form and the number and title of the question that your letter is answering.
I think you just confused me more than I already was hehe...

No my passport and all my documents have only first, last name. I have NEVER used my middle name.

The only document showing my middle name is my birth certificate.

From what I can see they don't as for my birth certificate, even though I did get a certified copy and was going to include it anyway.

So you are saying that I should explain this to them in a letter, but still answer NO to question 2AB?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Mariac819 said:
I think you just confused me more than I already was hehe...

No my passport and all my documents have only first, last name. I have NEVER used my middle name.

The only document showing my middle name is my birth certificate.

From what I can see they don't as for my birth certificate, even though I did get a certified copy and was going to include it anyway.

So you are saying that I should explain this to them in a letter, but still answer NO to question 2AB?
For official purposes you have to write your name exactly as it is written on your passport. If you read the instructions in the fuide, it tells you this. On the line that asks if you have used other names or nick names, write your name including the middle name there. But for the official name part it has to be exactly like it is in your passport.

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
How much is the total fee did you guys pay?

1. sponsorship application $75
2. principal applicant $475
3. Spouse, common law partner $550
4. RPRF $490

I am the sponsor, we dont have any dependents, my common law partner is the principal applicant.

Thank you, a lil bit confused.

pirates of sandvip

Jul 10, 2014
Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Correct me if I am wrong, but Im pretty sure it be as follows

Sponsorship application: 75
Principal applicant :475
Right of Permanent Residence Fee : 490

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pirates of sandvip said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but Im pretty sure it be as follows

Sponsorship application: 75
Principal applicant :475
Right of Permanent Residence Fee : 490
That's correct.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LAKEWOOD said:
How much is the total fee did you guys pay?

1. sponsorship application $75
2. principal applicant $475
3. Spouse, common law partner $550
4. RPRF $490

I am the sponsor, we dont have any dependents, my common law partner is the principal applicant.

Thank you, a lil bit confused.
$1040 total. If you're submitting an Inland application, you might also consider an Open Work Permit application at the same time (add'l $155).

tweet9

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Hoping soon
micmac101 said:
Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah just received email that the process for my husband is done. They requested his Pass Port that they already have and wanted the Pass Port LOL.

I thank Allah a million times as in 11 days it would have been exactly 4 years we have been waiting its like all the tension and stress has left my body, its an amazing feeling.

We already contacted them to say you have all this info in our file with Pass Port, photos and height and weight.
I'm still in shock but I had this feeling today and now just must wait till they put the Visa in but at least now we know there is an end in sight In Sha Allah.

I pray you all get good news soon In Sha Allah and thank you all for all your prayers May Allah reward you all well In Sha Allah............

Micmac101

I hope the passport u have sent was not expired yet... Thats was a very long wait

BlueOwl

Apr 27, 2014
Hi Guys,

Really excited as I get to send off the full package today. Been checking through the package and it all looks complete! Wanted to ask people what I should write on the envelope outside of the address and "Spousal Sponsorship - Outland"? I have a UCI number (through doing the Working Holiday Visa in Canada), should I put this on the outside as well (I am being sponsored by my wife)?

Many thanks in advance!