Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
lila87 said:
Hi everyone!I'm new here!
My boyfriend(for 10 years) and I, got married on July!Since October 2013 he lives and works in Canada-he is a citizen, and we're preparing our outland application for spousal sponsorship!We are both born and raised in Greece!I have visited Canada twice-each time for 3,5 months-once in october 2013 and once in april 2014. I am planning to go again in October,and would like to stay longer this time,maybe 5 months.And my questions are:
-Should we send the application when it's ready?(mid-september i suppose). Or should we send it after i fly to canada?(hopefully i will not be denied entry).Does having an application processed make any difference at the boarders office?

-If my return ticket is issued for end of March-5 months after my arrival-will that be a problem at the boarders? Considering the fact that i have spent most of my time this year in Canada and not in Greece?Although i never overstayed.

Any help would be trully appreciated!
Lila
It's best to have the application sent and have proof of the application and fees paid, just in case you get stopped and questioned by CBSA. Your return ticket is a good thing, and since usually, people visiting Canada get 6 months, your ticket returning in 5 months shouldn't.t raise any eyebrows.

lila87

Aug 29, 2014
tink23 said:
It's best to have the application sent and have proof of the application and fees paid, just in case you get stopped and questioned by CBSA. Your return ticket is a good thing, and since usually, people visiting Canada get 6 months, your ticket returning in 5 months shouldn't.t raise any eyebrows.

Thank you so much!It's a relief!

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Hello forum member!!

I would like to ask something about paying fees online, I am the sponsor and a permanent resident. I use my credit card to pay the fees total of $1040. On the printed official receipt they are asking to fill up the Client ID portion of the receipt ( is it the same as UCI), do i need to put my UCI, but i am not the applicant, or i just leave it blank.

Thank you

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
LAKEWOOD said:
Hello forum member!!

I would like to ask something about paying fees online, I am the sponsor and a permanent resident. I use my credit card to pay the fees total of $1040. On the printed official receipt they are asking to fill up the Client ID portion of the receipt ( is it the same as UCI), do i need to put my UCI, but i am not the applicant, or i just leave it blank.

Thank you
Yes, client Id is the UCI number. Since you know yours you can fill it in and put your information. This is so if fees need to be refunded, they have the information.

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
tink23 said:
Yes, client Id is the UCI number. Since you know yours you can fill it in and put your information. This is so if fees need to be refunded, they have the information.
Thanks for the prompt reply Tink23, Im just confused because i am not the applicant, but i paid for the fees, would that be a problem with the CIC? My name is also in the receipt, they might think i am the applicant.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
LAKEWOOD said:
Thanks for the prompt reply Tink23, Im just confused because i am not the applicant, but i paid for the fees, would that be a problem with the CIC? My name is also in the receipt, they might think i am the applicant.

The online payment instructions you are guided through say that the name on the credit card paying for the fees can be anyone. It does not have to be either the sponsor or the applicant. That is why they ask for the credit card holders information. I am assuming to verify with the person if something goes wrong with the payment.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
LAKEWOOD said:
Mariac is correct, as well, it is far more common for the sponsor to pay the fees than the principle applicant, since the sponsor is taking responsibility for them.

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015
LAKEWOOD said:
It wont be a problem. They are only concerned with fees whoever pays it. My wife's fees was paid online by my friend via his credit card.

josephinecudisal

Mar 5, 2011
Guys i want to ask a question. I'm getting married this coming october and my husband wanted to sponsor me we are both living in Canada but I'm working as a live in caregiver. My live in caregiver contract will end on june next year and be able to apply for open work permit and pr. Should I continue my application as live in or just let my husband sponsor me? Which one will be faster?and if he sponsor me can I not include my open work permit application so that I will not be under implied status and still continue my work then when the cic approve his application thats the time i will submit my open work permit application. Thanks

tweet9

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Hoping soon
josephinecudisal said:
Guys i want to ask a question. I'm getting married this coming october and my husband wanted to sponsor me we are both living in Canada but I'm working as a live in caregiver. My live in caregiver contract will end on june next year and be able to apply for open work permit and pr. Should I continue my application as live in or just let my husband sponsor me? Which one will be faster?and if he sponsor me can I not include my open work permit application so that I will not be under implied status and still continue my work then when the cic approve his application thats the time i will submit my open work permit application. Thanks
My sister has the same case like you but she was smart to get her PR through live in caregiver program because she said it will take longer if she will wait for her husband to sponsor her

josephinecudisal

Mar 5, 2011
tweet9 said:
My sister has the same case like you but she was smart to get her PR through live in caregiver program because she said it will take longer if she will wait for her husband to sponsor her
Is she already married when she applied for her PR?and how long is the process before she got her pr?

Faolchu

Star Member
Aug 3, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
Thank you for your help in answering this,i do have some more questions,is there a cost involved for my employer to obtain an LMIA?also what is needed from me to obtain a closed working visa?how long is the process to receive the PR as long as my CIL spouse sponsers me and as im currently on a two year working holiday visa when should i submit the application to cater for said time frame?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Faolchu said:
Thank you for your help in answering this,i do have some more questions,is there a cost involved for my employer to obtain an LMIA?also what is needed from me to obtain a closed working visa?how long is the process to receive the PR as long as my CIL spouse sponsers me and as im currently on a two year working holiday visa when should i submit the application to cater for said time frame?
An approved LMIA is required to qualify for a close work permit. Applying for an LMIA costs the employer $1,000.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Can any one on implied status can get health care if residing in Alberta and his health card expired. You reply highly appreciated.

Asefi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
IELTS Request
In process January 20 2015
File Transfer...
First medical October 2013
Med's Request
Remedical January 20 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 10, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon inshahallah.
LANDED..........
Soon inshahallah.
LAKEWOOD said:
Hello forum member!!

Thank you
Yup... its the same so if you know it already you can write it down if not then its okay.