Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
BlueOwl said:
Hi Guys,

Really excited as I get to send off the full package today. Been checking through the package and it all looks complete! Wanted to ask people what I should write on the envelope outside of the address and "Spousal Sponsorship - Outland"? I have a UCI number (through doing the Working Holiday Visa in Canada), should I put this on the outside as well (I am being sponsored by my wife)?

Many thanks in advance!
I would write a big Outland on it, just because as of late, some Outland applications have been confused for inland.

When I sponsored my husband for PR, I had his UCI number (from a TRV) written on all additional papers and on the application form, just in case something got lost, it would be easy to find his application and reattach the missing paper.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
Hi All,

Me and my wife recently got married in Pakistan living in UAE on residency permit my wife is Canadian Citizen, so she can sponsor me from UAE during living with me???

Please advise.

Sarim.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Sarim said:
Hi All,

Me and my wife recently got married in Pakistan living in UAE on residency permit my wife is Canadian Citizen, so she can sponsor me from UAE during living with me???

Please advise.

Sarim.
yes, the canadian sponsor can be outside of canada and still sponsor their spouse. CIC will want to see significant proof of her intentions of moving back to canada upon your approval, so it's best to supply this information upfront in the application.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
rhcohen2014 said:
yes, the canadian sponsor can be outside of canada and still sponsor their spouse. CIC will want to see significant proof of her intentions of moving back to canada upon your approval, so it's best to supply this information upfront in the application.
So can i show my in laws documents like her parents lives there since last 10 years..

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Sarim said:
So can i show my in laws documents like her parents lives there since last 10 years..
showing proof your inlaws live in canada is not significant proof most people have family members in canada write letters that suggest they are willing to offer support with a place to stay until you get on your feet. also, people will show research they've done on jobs, communities, housing, etc. they don't need a concrete plan, they just want to see proof it is unlikely you intend to go on welfare as soon as you return.

dpatel

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
05-03-2014
tink23 said:
1. Yes. Not a problem at all.

2. This is fine too. Lots of people land with their spouses.
Thank you Tink!

Faolchu

Star Member
Aug 3, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
scylla said:
Yes - you can certainly apply for PR provided the two of you have lived together for a minimum of one full year. Working holiday visas cannot be extended. This means they don't benefit from implied status and you can't keep working just because you've submitted a sponsorship application. If you want to keep working after the expiry of your work permit, your employer will need to obtain an approved LMIA and then you'll need to obtain a closed work permit.
Thank you for your help in answering this,i do have some more questions,is there a cost involved for my employer to obtain an LMIA?also what is needed from me to obtain a closed working visa?how long is the process to receive the PR as long as my CIL spouse sponsers me and as im currently on a two year working holiday visa when should i submit the application to cater for said time frame?

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Hey all,

I have a dumb question...

I feel stupid asking this,but what exactly is your second AOR?

Cheers!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
KarlR said:
Hey all,

I have a dumb question...

I feel stupid asking this,but what exactly is your second AOR?

Cheers!
Some Visa Offices send another AOR when your application arrives for the second stage of processing

London does not send an AOR and I don't think Ottawa does either

So you will probably not get a second AOR

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Chevy23 said:
Some Visa Offices send another AOR when your application arrives for the second stage of processing

London does not send an AOR and I don't think Ottawa does either

So you will probably not get a second AOR

Cool,have been meaning to ask about that for awhile ;)

Cheers Chevy!

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
tink23 said:
I would write a big Outland on it, just because as of late, some Outland applications have been confused for inland.

When I sponsored my husband for PR, I had his UCI number (from a TRV) written on all additional papers and on the application form, just in case something got lost, it would be easy to find his application and reattach the missing paper.
When my husband sent out our package the lady taped the address I had written down on it, he told her it needed to spousal sponsorship but she said that what I wrote on a piece of paper would suffice and sent it off..... :mad: We are outland, is this going to have any impact on our application?

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
msbigshot said:
When my husband sent out our package the lady taped the address I had written down on it, he told her it needed to spousal sponsorship but she said that what I wrote on a piece of paper would suffice and sent it off..... :mad: We are outland, is this going to have any impact on our application?
This is ok, I didn't write spousal or family class on the envelope only the address

The only impact could be from the recent confusion between Outland and Inland apps - I would have written OUTLAND massively on the envelope just so they don't get them confused

As long as they don't confuse it with an Inland app you will be fine and this wont impact your application

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
msbigshot said:
It should be okay hopefully, however, the address instructions do specify to write spousal sponsorship with the address. I would have been pissed if the mail lady changed my package! The man I had let me do it however I wanted! I had mine double plastic enveloped so even when they opened the ups envelope, they would then see another one that I had bought for extra water proofing. I'm sure it will be fine though.

josephinecudisal

Mar 5, 2011
Guys i want to ask a question. I'm getting married this coming october and my husband wanted to sponsor me we are both living in Canada but I'm working as a live in caregiver. My live in caregiver contract will end on june next year and be able to apply for open work permit and pr. Should I continue my application as live in or just let my husband sponsor me? Which one will be faster?and if he sponsor me can I not include my open work permit application so that I will not be under implied status and still continue my work then when the cic approve his application thats the time i will submit my open work permit application. Thanks

lila87

Aug 29, 2014
Hi everyone!I'm new here!
My boyfriend(for 10 years) and I, got married on July!Since October 2013 he lives and works in Canada-he is a citizen, and we're preparing our outland application for spousal sponsorship!We are both born and raised in Greece!I have visited Canada twice-each time for 3,5 months-once in october 2013 and once in april 2014. I am planning to go again in October,and would like to stay longer this time,maybe 5 months.And my questions are:
-Should we send the application when it's ready?(mid-september i suppose). Or should we send it after i fly to canada?(hopefully i will not be denied entry).Does having an application processed make any difference at the boarders office?

-If my return ticket is issued for end of March-5 months after my arrival-will that be a problem at the boarders? Considering the fact that i have spent most of my time this year in Canada and not in Greece?Although i never overstayed.

Any help would be trully appreciated!
Lila