+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

MrsPasha

Aug 2, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I need some guidance with my wife's PR application as per our current situation.

I am a Canadian Citizen based in Pakistan. I have applied for Wife's PR. We have a daughter who is also a Canadian Citizen by birth. During the processing of our spousal PR application, we also had the birth of our second child outside of Canada where we live. And for whom we are still waiting for the citizenship certificate and consequently passport as well. Our first child already has Canadian passport.

Now we have received the passport request letter from the IRCC. What is not clear in the email is, do we need to submit the passports of all family members, including myself and my daughter (who are already Canadian Citizens and have passports)? If not, are photos also to be submitted of all family members or just my wife? Also, for our newborn son who doesnt have the Canadian passport yet, what do we submit instead?

What do we write in Appendix A where they have asked for passport, height and eye colour info for all family members, is it only for the PR applicants or everyone's details need to be filled in it?
BTW what's your application timeline? How long did it take?

Boparaa

Jul 4, 2024
Hello, what is the duration of the time from medical to PPR? i am done with medical but still nothing from IRCC
PA: Pakistani
Sponsor: Canadian Citizen
VO Office London
Application submit: 28the feb 2024
BIO: 16th April 2024
SA: 11th April 2024
Medical Passed: 2nd August 2024

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hello, what is the duration of the time from medical to PPR? i am done with medical but still nothing from IRCC
PA: Pakistani
Sponsor: Canadian Citizen
VO Office London
Application submit: 28the feb 2024
BIO: 16th April 2024
SA: 11th April 2024
Medical Passed: 2nd August 2024
If you go by Cic promoted waiting time....its 10 months in total, so u have only 3-4 months remaining. But thats average waiting time for all applicants. Applicants from some countries are getting it in 5 months, while others 18-24 months.
If you go by actual waiting time specifically for LONDON VISA OFFICE, then 10 months only for your background check. Then comes eligibility. 3-4 months on that too. And then easily 3 months on the last stage, when you finally see COPR number assigned to you, then they email it to u and ask for passport request. Then they sleep on your passport for at least 3-6 weeks.

If you are lucky, then Feb 2025 you'll have your PR VISA. If your application is handled like most from Pakistan, then look for August - October 2025.

hello3241

Aug 9, 2024
If you go by Cic promoted waiting time....its 10 months in total, so u have only 3-4 months remaining. But thats average waiting time for all applicants. Applicants from some countries are getting it in 5 months, while others 18-24 months.
If you go by actual waiting time specifically for LONDON VISA OFFICE, then 10 months only for your background check. Then comes eligibility. 3-4 months on that too. And then easily 3 months on the last stage, when you finally see COPR number assigned to you, then they email it to u and ask for passport request. Then they sleep on your passport for at least 3-6 weeks.

If you are lucky, then Feb 2025 you'll have your PR VISA. If your application is handled like most from Pakistan, then look for August - October 2025.
What is the validity of the COPR? As in how much time you have from the day you get your PR stamped on passport to land in Canada?

hello3241

Aug 9, 2024
BTW what's your application timeline? How long did it take?
applied for spousal pr on Nov 2024. Biometrics done Jan 2024. Medical completed on 29 May. Now got the email requesting to submit the passport. However,
Online status still says background and eligibility in progress and COPR number still not showing. Is that normal?

SpousalPR2023

Aug 11, 2024
Spousal PR APPLICANTS.....How many of you have been waiting for 12 months or more....
Please respond with:
  • No of months waiting since applied
  • Visa office file currently sits in
  • Nationality of applicant

hello3241

Aug 9, 2024
Hello,

Finally we have received my spouse's passport with PR Visa Sticker and COPR papers. However, the online status still says In Process for Background and Eligibility checks. Does it really take this much time to update even if the application is complete? Can we travel to Canada before the status gets updated or should we make travel plans after?

Mudassir khan

May 26, 2023
Hello,

Finally we have received my spouse's passport with PR Visa Sticker and COPR papers. However, the online status still says In Process for Background and Eligibility checks. Does it really take this much time to update even if the application is complete? Can we travel to Canada before the status gets updated or should we make travel plans after?
When did they do medical

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hello,

First of all lots of Mubarak.... You've reached the final step.... Which now starts another journey for you. Wish you the best.

CIC tracker is now officially broken...I guess officers don't care updating it. Perhaps you should check and share what does your GC Key account says.

Lastly, you got the visa on your passport and passport is with you now. Thats it. You don't have to wait for anything now!

So how long did CIC take to stamp the passports?

Reactions: Mudassir khan

hello3241

Aug 9, 2024
First of all lots of Mubarak.... You've reached the final step.... Which now starts another journey for you. Wish you the best.

CIC tracker is now officially broken...I guess officers don't care updating it. Perhaps you should check and share what does your GC Key account says.

Lastly, you got the visa on your passport and passport is with you now. Thats it. You don't have to wait for anything now!

So how long did CIC take to stamp the passports?
Thank you so much. May things become easy for you as well!
They stamped our passport and returned it to us within 10 days of submission to the vfs visa centre. Are we good to go now? Also, is it okay to land in Canada 10-15 days before expiry of this visa or we should go well im advance? Expiry is in May next year. Apart from passport, visa sticker and copr any other are there any other documents we should be carrying with us?

Sponsor101

Aug 25, 2024
Can anyone share their Outland application timeline from Pakistan? How much time is it taking and whats the trend?
Afghan but same process since medical and passport submission will be done in Islamabad same London VO

Submitted Jan 31
Aor feb 7
Biometric request feb 14 (unable to do)
Eligibility completed Pre arrival may 5
Background completed after ADR june
Medical july 4
Medical pass july 31
No update after
I thought it was 2 weeks for PPR after medical pass but seems to be like around 2 months now

i’m hoping for PPR in October

what is your timeline

Last edited:

MrsPasha

Aug 2, 2024
Afghan but same process since medical and passport submission will be done in Islamabad same London VO

Submitted Jan 31
Aor feb 7
Biometric request feb 14 (unable to do)
Eligibility completed Pre arrival may 5
Background completed after ADR june
Medical july 4
Medical pass july 31
No update after
I thought it was 2 weeks for PPR after medical pass but seems to be like around 2 months now

i’m hoping for PPR in October

what is your timeline

Wow that was fast.

I submitted my application on 13th of August. Still haven't received AOR. Let's see what happens. Good luck. You might get yours this month.