+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

s.and.s

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

A friend of mine just got PPR today! Jan 12th, 2016 applicant! They didn't even ask for additional documents. :eek:

The letter from CIC states that they must submit the passport within 30 days.

Here's his 'dilemma' (if we can call it that): he's supposed to be going on a vacation with his wife to Malaysia in 2 week's time, with the tickets/hotels already booked. Is it wise to request CIC for an extension on the 30 days, or should he cancel his vacation plans to send the passport off? His main concern is that the Police Certificate was supposed to be expiring at the end of this month. If he requests CIC for an extension, then they may open that can of worms. I tend to think that with the decision already made, it's already sealed and only a Medical expiry stands in the way.

Landing_PR: If it's any relief, this person had 2 TRV refusals since they got married. And yet he flew straight to a PPR!

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Amna Hayat said:
Hey flx2015.. So I contacted the MP today.. She said that everything has been completed now the medical, background has been completed.. They are just waiting for my docs sent to show them my residency in Canada which I've already sent but its sitting in their mail room... Just curious I see mentioned some email in which they say they might refuse the application and I did receive that towards my residency and I sent them my employment letter and bank letter as proof along with a pay stub, so is that enough or should I be worried... P.S the immigration officer said that he needs to make a final decision within 30 days.... Please guide if anything...
yeah that should be enough to prove your residency in canada. i find it very strange that they haven't added your documents to your file even after 78 days have passed. they usually do not take more than 30-45 days to review submitted documents.

regardless, you've done the right thing by going to the MP. expect your PPR by mid-October or maybe sooner than that.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

s.and.s said:
A friend of mine just got PPR today! Jan 12th, 2016 applicant! They didn't even ask for additional documents. :eek:

Here's his 'dilemma' (if we can call it that): he's supposed to be going on a vacation with his wife to Malaysia in 2 week's time, with the tickets/hotels already booked. Is it wise to request CIC for an extension on the 30 days, or should he cancel his vacation plans to send the passport off? His main concern is that the Police Certificate was supposed to be expiring at the end of this month. If he requests CIC for an extension, then they may open that can of worms. I tend do think that with the decision already made, it's already sealed and only a Medical expiry stands in the way.

Landing_PR: If it's any relief, this person had 2 TRV refusals since they got married. And yet he flew straight to a PPR!
nice to hear, but at this point in time the only thing that's going to relieve us is getting a PPR. =/

landing_pr applied more than 30 days before your friend, and there doesn't seem to be any indication of activity on her file so far...

s.and.s

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016

Does anyone have any idea how long the Islamabad Visa Office takes these days to stamp/return a passport submitted per a PPR?

Amna Hayat

Star Member
Jun 4, 2016

flx2015 said:
yeah that should be enough to prove your residency in canada. i find it very strange that they haven't added your documents to your file even after 78 days have passed. they usually do not take more than 30-45 days to review submitted documents.

regardless, you've done the right thing by going to the MP. expect your PPR by mid-October or maybe sooner than that.

No the previous ones have already been updated... for the address I received the email on 12 sept...

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Amna Hayat said:
No the previous ones have already been updated... for the address I received the email on 12 sept...
ah ok i understand now. being given 30 days to respond usually means your file is with the supervising VO who is in charge of making the final decision. so yes, give them 30 to 35 days (until 17 october) and i'm confident they'll respond back with PPR. if for some reason this doesn't happen, go back to your MP and let them know that the 30 day deadline has passed.

they've already done the majority of the work, so it's just a matter of waiting until the supervising VO reviews your proof of residency. insha allah by mid october you'll be posting here telling us about your PPR.

Matheeno

Aug 25, 2016

Hey Usama,

Congrats on the ppr...whats the process on how the visa gets stamped. Do you need to go to embassy in the UAE?

Make dua we are next :p so far you and landing pr are our timeline twins. Lol

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016

Does cic forgot my file too and moved on???? :( Are they selecting some specific files or they just doing it randomly? Any idea guys?

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

F.M said:
Does cic forgot my file too and moved on???? :( Are they selecting some specific files or they just doing it randomly? Any idea guys?
what's your background check status on MyCIC?

i think for you and Landing_PR, they might have already begun reviewing your file and have determined that they don't need to send out any doc requests. if i'm right, then your background checks should go into progress as soon as they're done with eligibility.

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016

flx2015 said:
what's your background check status on MyCIC?

i think for you and Landing_PR, they might have already begun reviewing your file and have determined that they don't need to send out any doc requests. if i'm right, then your background checks should go into progress as soon as they're done with eligibility.
My background checks are not started yet..i hope u r right and they just dont forget to even touch our files. :( whats your background status now?

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

F.M said:
My background checks are not started yet..i hope u r right and they just dont forget to even touch our files. :( whats your background status now?
not started. don't know why... i think in my case they're going to wait 30-45 days or maybe even 60 days thanks to the damn document/remedical request.

ebad12

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/09/2014
Doc's Request.
Additional docs on 05/06/2015
AOR Received.
30/10/2014
File Transfer...
06/11/2014
Med's Request
28/01/2016
Med's Done....
05/02/2016
Interview........
17/03/2016
Passport Req..
06/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
06/06/2016
LANDED..........
Soon

ebad12 said:
Hello, AOA

Can anyone please tell how to inquire regarding the return of documents? (Submitted at time of applying for PR)

I have been issued VISA in June and still no idea when the documents will be returned back.
Anyone?!

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

Guys please reply:

MM345 said:
Does any one know if its safe to apply for a TRV as soon i receive SA. will it harm our application if i decide to stay i canada dor 6 months which is the duration of the trv(assuming i get the visa) instead of 1 or 2 months that i mentioned on my TRV application.

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

ebad12 said:
Maybe this might help you...

https://sites.google.com/site/canpakvisa/home/missing_documents

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

s.and.s said:

Here's his 'dilemma' (if we can call it that): he's supposed to be going on a vacation with his wife to Malaysia in 2 week's time, with the tickets/hotels already booked. Is it wise to request CIC for an extension on the 30 days, or should he cancel his vacation plans to send the passport off? His main concern is that the Police Certificate was supposed to be expiring at the end of this month. If he requests CIC for an extension, then they may open that can of worms. I tend to think that with the decision already made, it's already sealed and only a Medical expiry stands in the way.

If i were him..
Would cancel out all vacation to plans instantly and submit passport to get visa stamped n land...
Never should extend it or take any risks..

Can u please let me know what were his file transfer and in proess dates?? Please