Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
zee7447 said:
Hey Hasan
I want to get your opinion. One thing is bothering me. With my wife's interview everything went well but the officer was looking for direct text message between me and my wife. She mentioned that there are not enough text messages. My wife then said we usually do texting in viber. She right way offered to see the print out of viber and phone call bills. She didn't see them. She then asked the interpreter to check the text if they sound like husband wife type text and he confirmed to her that they are ok. Do you think i should worry about this thing. It's a minor thing. In the whole interview thats the only one thing she wasn't that happy about the fact that there are not enough text messages. They asked her for police verification and other forms. What do you think? Thanks
Hello Zahid,
As long as the interviewer was convinced in regard to the relationship, it doesn't matter whether she overlooked viber chat logs. For me, interviewer asked how do you usually communicate with your wife? I said my wife is always on FaceTime with me where you can see each other while talking. She didn't bother to see the phone logs. Your wife did answer all questions correctly, so rest assured, good news coming up!!
Hasan

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasan9999 said:
Hello Liiaa,
Did the interviewer take your updated forms and police clearance? Did she ask you to send any other additional documents or anything?
Hasan
Actually this part is quite funny, She didn't even know I was supposed to hand in any updates forms. She didn't want any proof since she said she had enough back at the VO (interview was held in another country) since Ecuador's cases are handled in Colombia. Anyhow, so I explained to her in the email that was sent to me, I was asked to submit the new updates forms and she looked at me puzzled and said (well sure i'll take those) :)

The police clearance, I did those upfront and they are still valid so I wasn't asked for them... they will expire sometime at the end of June i believe and my medical as well.

She didn't ask me to send anything. She just told me to wait for her to review the file a bit more and to just wait for the Vo to contact me ::)

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Liiaa said:
Actually this part is quite funny, She didn't even know I was supposed to hand in any updates forms. She didn't want any proof since she said she had enough back at the VO (interview was held in another country) since Ecuador's cases are handled in Colombia. Anyhow, so I explained to her in the email that was sent to me, I was asked to submit the new updates forms and she looked at me puzzled and said (well sure i'll take those) :)

The police clearance, I did those upfront and they are still valid so I wasn't asked for them... they will expire sometime at the end of June i believe and my medical as well.

She didn't ask me to send anything. She just told me to wait for her to review the file a bit more and to just wait for the Vo to contact me ::)
What is your visa office and how many month they take to call you for interview , and when did you apply

Rumu

Feb 1, 2016
farhana766 said:
Hello Rumu,

Any update? Do you get your GCMS note?

Take care

Farhana
Hello dear Farhana
No nothing yet. No reply from my MP either. I email to Singapore also asked for the GCMS notes last week. One question could you please tell me how long it takes to get the notes

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Liiaa said:

Sounds good! No worries just wait for them to send you COPR...

Good luck!

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Rumu said:
Hello dear Farhana
No nothing yet. No reply from my MP either. I email to Singapore also asked for the GCMS notes last week. One question could you please tell me how long it takes to get the notes
30 days max.

EXTRACT FROM CIC WEBSITE:

The legislated timeframe for responding to an access to information or privacy request is 30 calendar days.

Rumu

Feb 1, 2016
Hasan9999 said:
30 days max.

EXTRACT FROM CIC WEBSITE:

The legislated timeframe for responding to an access to information or privacy request is 30 calendar days.
Yes that's what they say in their website. Thanks Mr. Hasan.

zee7447

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-10-2016
Hello
I saw recently everyone is talking about contacting MP. I want to clarify one thing. It’s never a good idea contacting MP. Everyone thinks MP can speed up process. This is absolutely wrong. MP in Canada is not same as in Bangladesh or any other country. Only thing MP will do is ask them about the update of your case which you can do by emailing them. I know this because I know my local MP very well. I speak to him frequently. The girl who handles all the issue at the MP office also knows me very well. She is Bengali. Even she told me that it’s not a good idea. People think if you contact MP something will happen. Actually it backfires. Ask yourself how you would feel if you are handling someone’s case and then your client involve someone higher than you. You would feel like the client is questioning your ability of doing your job. I know in third world country you will get your job done right way. In western country it’s opposite. It will back fire you and you might get a tougher interview or something else. My MP offered me to write a letter to them. After hearing this I didn’t bother. Even his Bengali secretary told me that regardless what we do, the immigration people do their job the way they want. Remember your local MP is provincial and his job is to take care of family law, labor, education, social services etc. Canadian Immigration falls under Federal Government. They can’t interfere in federal side. They can only ask for the progress of the file or case. I find when you email them is more valuable. It shows to immigration that you are interested in your case and you as a sponsor is continuously asking for updates and proofs somewhat your marriage is legit. Because a person whose marriage is fake will never knock them. Thanks

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Rumu said:
Yes that's what they say in their website. Thanks Mr. Hasan.
Hello Rumu,

Did you apply for GCMS notes? It should be applied on line by paying CAD 5.00 attaching a consent form, signed by your spouse (mentioning UCI & file numbers).

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Liiaa said:

That's interesting the way you handed over the updated forms!

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjgolfer014 said:
What is your visa office and how many month they take to call you for interview , and when did you apply
My Vo is Bogota (Colombia) and I applied on september 2015 and my interview was april 19th 2016. I had emailed them and the next day, my husband received an email that our application was pending an interview and to just wait, then miraculously, the third day we received a phone call from VO telling me that my intervie would be in a few days..... They always give people a month in advance but I only got 1 week ??? Which I didn't mind because I know my husband inside out and our marriage, plus i wanted to get this out of the way as soon as possible.

I have a feeling that the Email I sent them helped set my interview up, otherwise who knows, my file could've still been sitting there waiting for the next interview.... So I am glad I E-mailed them....

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasan9999 said:
Sounds good! No worries just wait for them to send you COPR...

Good luck!

Hasan
Thank you :) the waiting part I think is pretty draining for all of us :'(

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasan9999 said:
That's interesting the way you handed over the updated forms!
Yeah it was. As I said, she didn't want to take my proof at all, but then I handed her the forms and said that those were requested in the E-mail, so she took them. Otherwise I don't think she would've known about that.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Liiaa said:
Yeah it was. As I said, she didn't want to take my proof at all, but then I handed her the forms and said that those were requested in the E-mail, so she took them. Otherwise I don't think she would've known about that.
You can apply for GCMS notes to see what your interviewer wrote on your file and anything significant towards issuing your COPR.

Rumu

Feb 1, 2016
Hasan9999 said:
Hello Rumu,

Did you apply for GCMS notes? It should be applied on line by paying CAD 5.00 attaching a consent form, signed by your spouse (mentioning UCI & file numbers).

Hasan
Hi
Yes I did apply for GCMS notes with the money and consent form. Let's see what was the outcome for the interview