Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1-28-Sept-2016,AOR2-20-oct-2016
File Transfer...
SA 7-Oct-2016 (ECAS in process oct 15,'16)/BC in Progress-dec 2 '16, pre-arrival received-dec 16'16
Med's Done....
22th July 2016-upfront(passed)-nov 28
Interview........
Waived :)
Passport Req..
And DM - 12-jan-'17- mycic -closed/approved-18-jan-'17
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-17
LANDED..........
28-jan-17 :)
farhana766 said:
Hello crazyD,

Thank you for sharing your story. I find 2 major “RED FLAG” in your application. One is age gap and other is you both from different religion. I think the visa office will put you in the interview and its possibility 95%. If visa office put you in the interview it will very difficult to waived your interview. In this situation you have to face the formal interview. So you have to very well prepare for your interview if visa office put you in the interview.

I read you have a sweet photo together. But if the photo is only you and your sponsor together it is not enough you need to photo with your parents, family with your sponsor. Do you have any photo which your parents are together with your sponsor? If you have this kind of photo submits it. It will help you to proof your marriage.

You have message like skype screen shot, viber, whatsapp, line, hangsout, emo submits all communication papers at least past 12 or 24 or whatever you have. Money transfer receipt and supportive letter from you and your sponsor friend and family members. If your husband post you anything from Canada submit it with envelops.

If visa office put you in the interview in the interview day the immigration may ask you---
1. What your intention to marry him? - of course cause I love him so much
2. Do you want to change your religion? If not why? -no, it's what I believe for, he respect my religion , I respect him for what he believe.
3. What you want to do in Canada?-just to be with my husband - schooling or getting a job so we can save more money.

If visa office put you in the interview the visa office email you for interview. You have to face the interview; if you want you can accompany with your sponsor but if you do not want to accompany it is ok. The visa office only email you to face the interview but the visa office will not email your sponsor to face the interview but sometime the immigration officer call sponsor for cross check the question answer.

If your sponsor does not remember the date in this situation you can help him to remember to all the date and special moments in your life. You talk to your sponsor long time every day and you can ask him every day the date and special date of your life. It is good practice for both of you. When I got my interview date, that time I every day I tried to remember my all special date and day in my life. Every day I also practice my sponsor education year, our marriage, divorce date and his all Canadian life because I was very nervous those days. Some time I write all the date, his phone number, his Canadian home address and many other things. I watch 150 interview video to learn how I present myself in front of immigration officer and it really help me.

From my experience I learn if you practice very well you can face all things and passed.

Hope it will help you

Farhana
Hi Farhana,
Wow, I can't find way to say thank you for your effort , reading and posting your comments and suggestion. I'm glad I found this forum and you guys here are such a big help.

95% better than what consultant said before to my husband 99% :'(
Well, we don't have picture together with family coz my husband didn't meet any from my family , same in my side.thats why I want my husband to visit me this dec so he can meet my parents ,and friends this time. But he wants when there is interview at the same time. He just doesn't to take many long hours flight tho. I said , may takes a awhile to receive interview date if there is, don't want either to wait that long before we can be together again.
One time I told him, if you can't find time to do our papers it's ok you can live here with me then we don't have to deal with this.cause it took months for me to prepared all of it, all he have to is to read and sign. After that ,he's working on our papers and to finally get it done. :)

We have lots of msg tho, from 2013 and remittances every month since 2013. He's working to get letter from his fam but in my family side no point of asking them for letter coz my husband never able to talk to them.
Just last week I sent package to him,Philippine shirts and letter card. he sent me package before shirts too that was 2013 I also included that slip.

We will finalize our papers this week. Kinda hard tho doing papers while miles apart ,
I'll update here prob ask for more help lol

Thanks a lot Farhana :D

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
crazy D said:
Hi Farhana,
Wow, I can't find way to say thank you for your effort , reading and posting your comments and suggestion. I'm glad I found this forum and you guys here are such a big help.

95% better than what consultant said before to my husband 99% :'(
Well, we don't have picture together with family coz my husband didn't meet any from my family , same in my side.thats why I want my husband to visit me this dec so he can meet my parents ,and friends this time. But he wants when there is interview at the same time. He just doesn't to take many long hours flight tho. I said , may takes a awhile to receive interview date if there is, don't want either to wait that long before we can be together again.
One time I told him, if you can't find time to do our papers it's ok you can live here with me then we don't have to deal with this.cause it took months for me to prepared all of it, all he have to is to read and sign. After that ,he's working on our papers and to finally get it done. :)

We have lots of msg tho, from 2013 and remittances every month since 2013. He's working to get letter from his fam but in my family side no point of asking them for letter coz my husband never able to talk to them.
Just last week I sent package to him,Philippine shirts and letter card. he sent me package before shirts too that was 2013 I also included that slip.

We will finalize our papers this week. Kinda hard tho doing papers while miles apart ,
I'll update here prob ask for more help lol

Thanks a lot Farhana :D
Hello crazyD,

Nice to read about your documents. You have three years documents with you. Submit your documents from 2013 to 2016. I want to give you one friendly advice and it is totally my opinion. I think your husband should visit you before interview, if your husband not visits with you it will be question to the immigration officer. Visit is very important in this visa process because if your husband is not visit with you may be the visa office will doubt about you more.

I mention you that visa office only calls you to face the interview. If your husband visit before your interview he will meet your family and friends and it will strong your application. After visit your husband you can send the visit documents of you husband to the visa office. I advise you because when you submit your application if the visa office put you in the interview after one year or more months later they will email you for your interview. So it is a long time that you husband is not visit with you.

In my case after my marriage my husband visit with me 10 months later and when I faced my interview that time my husband was not present with me in the interview. Later the immigration officer calls my husband in his phone after one month later for his interview and the visa office did not inform us about my husband interview. But my husband visit helps me in the interview day. No matter my husband present in the interview day but the matter is my husband visit me or not,

The officer asks me why he did not present and I told the reason. If sponsor is not present in the interview day you can explain the reason why he is not with you. If your sponsor is not visit with you it almost passed one year it is difficult to explain. If you have feeling, love and care for each other your sponsor must meet you anyway.

So it’s up to you what your sponsor wants to do. But to me in all sense visit is very important.

Hope it will help you

Regards
Farhana

crazy D

Aug 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA 7-Oct-2016 (ECAS in process oct 15,'16)/BC in Progress-dec 2 '16, pre-arrival received-dec 16'16
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-17
LANDED..........
farhana766 said:
Hello crazyD,

Nice to read about your documents. You have three years documents with you. Submit your documents from 2013 to 2016. I want to give you one friendly advice and it is totally my opinion. I think your husband should visit you before interview, if your husband not visits with you it will be question to the immigration officer. Visit is very important in this visa process because if your husband is not visit with you may be the visa office will doubt about you more.

I mention you that visa office only calls you to face the interview. If your husband visit before your interview he will meet your family and friends and it will strong your application. After visit your husband you can send the visit documents of you husband to the visa office. I advise you because when you submit your application if the visa office put you in the interview after one year or more months later they will email you for your interview. So it is a long time that you husband is not visit with you.

In my case after my marriage my husband visit with me 10 months later and when I faced my interview that time my husband was not present with me in the interview. Later the immigration officer calls my husband in his phone after one month later for his interview and the visa office did not inform us about my husband interview. But my husband visit helps me in the interview day. No matter my husband present in the interview day but the matter is my husband visit me or not,

The officer asks me why he did not present and I told the reason. If sponsor is not present in the interview day you can explain the reason why he is not with you. If your sponsor is not visit with you it almost passed one year it is difficult to explain. If you have feeling, love and care for each other your sponsor must meet you anyway.

So it’s up to you what your sponsor wants to do. But to me in all sense visit is very important.

Hope it will help you

Regards
Farhana
Hi Farhana,

Thank you again for reading and your advised we will surely follow this one.

It just I need concrete reason to tell my husband why it's better to visit me here this Dec. the reason why we don't have much time together , we both working so we only have 10 days vacation per year. And I don't have any family living with me here in Manila , I'm working here and my family and close friends live southern part.

He was able to met my two room mates and some work mates. But prob this time I'm gonna take lots of picture of us with my friends here and convince my parents to meet my husband here in Manila. He can't just go visit my hometown not safe for white like my husband. Lol

In my opinion with regards this immigration process, it's still good to have that conditional 51 if somehow help them protect their citizen,why not just make it 3 years, 5, 10 years or forever. Or they can make a watch list to those applicant which for them with red flag then check relationship status yearly. In the other side , those sponsored person if they're in situation being abuse then freely leave Canada.

Just my opinion tho , cause if their main objective is to have family reunification, but instead they making it hard for every serious couple in harder way to stay apart. And wait for longer months , years just to finally live together as normal couple. Good thing from those visa exempt they can just simply visit and stay together.

By the way, during your interview did they ask your to bring additional proof .? I read they will check phone too?, coz my concern if they check phone , will they just go thru messages ? Kinda awkward tho if they see kinky one tho lol just curious

Thanks a lot Farhana

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
crazy D said:
Hi Farhana,

Thank you again for reading and your advised we will surely follow this one.

It just I need concrete reason to tell my husband why it's better to visit me here this Dec. the reason why we don't have much time together , we both working so we only have 10 days vacation per year. And I don't have any family living with me here in Manila , I'm working here and my family and close friends live southern part.

He was able to met my two room mates and some work mates. But prob this time I'm gonna take lots of picture of us with my friends here and convince my parents to meet my husband here in Manila. He can't just go visit my hometown not safe for white like my husband. Lol

In my opinion with regards this immigration process, it's still good to have that conditional 51 if somehow help them protect their citizen,why not just make it 3 years, 5, 10 years or forever. Or they can make a watch list to those applicant which for them with red flag then check relationship status yearly. In the other side , those sponsored person if they're in situation being abuse then freely leave Canada.

Just my opinion tho , cause if their main objective is to have family reunification, but instead they making it hard for every serious couple in harder way to stay apart. And wait for longer months , years just to finally live together as normal couple. Good thing from those visa exempt they can just simply visit and stay together.

By the way, during your interview did they ask your to bring additional proof .? I read they will check phone too?, coz my concern if they check phone , will they just go thru messages ? Kinda awkward tho if they see kinky one tho lol just curious

Thanks a lot Farhana
Hi

MVO is not nearly as tough of a VO as SVO.

Large age gaps are common in Filipino applicants. It is not abnormal for an older man to be in a relationship with a younger woman. I think your biggest red flag is the lack of visitation to be honest.

I have seen cases where there has been a 20+ year age difference with MVO that did not have an interview at all.

You have a lot of good proofs it seems, and if you address the flags such as religion and age directly to relieve the concerns the officer may have I think they won't necessarily be cause for an interview.

My advice is to have your husband visit you and take the time to travel to meet your family before you apply.

crazy D

Aug 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-17
LANDED..........
ImABule said:
Hi

MVO is not nearly as tough of a VO as SVO.

Large age gaps are common in Filipino applicants. It is not abnormal for an older man to be in a relationship with a younger woman. I think your biggest red flag is the lack of visitation to be honest.

I have seen cases where there has been a 20+ year age difference with MVO that did not have an interview at all.

You have a lot of good proofs it seems, and if you address the flags such as religion and age directly to relieve the concerns the officer may have I think they won't necessarily be cause for an interview.

My advice is to have your husband visit you and take the time to travel to meet your family before you apply.
Hi ImAbule,

Thank you so much , I feel kinda more relieved and just be positive.

I guess you're right, been trying to get any information from Manila thread about interview other member said it's very rare MVO call for interview.

I would suggest to my husband to stay at least a month here if ever, then I have to resign from work to have more time to travel.lol

Is there any impact to our application if we submit now then just send additional proof by dec or Jan ?

Thank you

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
crazy D said:
Hi ImAbule,

Thank you so much , I feel kinda more relieved and just be positive.

I guess you're right, been trying to get any information from Manila thread about interview other member said it's very rare MVO call for interview.

I would suggest to my husband to stay at least a month here if ever, then I have to resign from work to have more time to travel.lol

Is there any impact to our application if we submit now then just send additional proof by dec or Jan ?

Thank you
If he will visit in December and you meet his family then make note of it in the app if you submit now.

And yeah, I wish Manila processed Indonesia

crazy D

Aug 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-17
LANDED..........
ImABule said:
If he will visit in December and you meet his family then make note of it in the app if you submit now.

And yeah, I wish Manila processed Indonesia
Hi ImAbule,

Yes, I included a note of our basic plan and future plan once get there.

Oh read some of your post with regard to your application, looks you well prepared with all good evidence , I believed the more proof the better . Soon your waiting game be over :)

Best of luck to all of us here :D

Thank you

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
crazy D said:
Hi ImAbule,

Yes, I included a note of our basic plan and future plan once get there.

Oh read some of your post with regard to your application, looks you well prepared with all good evidence , I believed the more proof the better . Soon your waiting game be over :)

Best of luck to all of us here :D

Thank you
Thank you ;)

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
StormForce said:
Really hope I don't have to do one but this group is helping really well

Nobody wants to face the interview and visa offices also have less preferences to put the files in interview que (unless there is some confusions or red flags). This thread is helping members to get as much factual information as possible so that they will be able to prepare very well for a possible future interview. If the members share their interview experience here, or exchanges meaningful thoughts, people will be benefitted immensely.

Hasan

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Hasan9999 said:
Nobody wants to face the interview and visa offices also have less preferences to put the files in interview que (unless there is some confusions or red flags). This thread is helping members to get as much factual information as possible so that they will be able to prepare very well for a possible future interview. If the members share their interview experience here, or exchanges meaningful thoughts, people will be benefitted immensely.

Hasan
The officers are encouraged to waive the interview wherever possible due to the fact that the interview process eats up a lot of their financial resources.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
ImABule said:
The officers are encouraged to waive the interview wherever possible due to the fact that the interview process eats up a lot of their financial resources.
Yes that's the reason! Again all applications are unique and sometimes decision depends on the processing officials discretion and logic.

Hasan

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Hasan9999 said:
Yes that's the reason! Again all applications are unique and sometimes decision depends on the processing officials discretion and logic.

Hasan
It always depends on their discretion and logic!

This is the flaw in the system, and why I think they should admit all cases that don't have security or criminality issues. The rate of marriage fraud is virtually nonexistent in comparison to the amount of cases processed and the needless appeals process is an expensive and time consuming ordeal for both the couple and the government. It's also why I stated several pages back on this thread that they should just stiffen the rules such as the undertaking and Condition 51 to deter fraud. I'd rather see no genuine couples refused at the expense of maybe a few bad apples getting through than a high number of genuine couples refused to maybe stop a few bad apples from getting through. Seems backwards to me. No sponsor is going to agree to sponsor someone for money if they know they are financially responsible for the PA for say 7 years instead of 3 and no PA is going to want to use a sponsor for access to residency if they know PR will be stripped if they don't meet a 5 or 7 year Condition 51. That is the solution in my mind.

The European family immigration model makes far more sense than ours.

I am also not a fan of the OWP being only for inland apps as this policy is completely biased towards western visa exempt nationals who can easily be in country to apply. They should introduce something similar for non visa exempt nationals instead of forcing them to be apart for such long periods of time. I would like to see them have a special spouse/dependent TRV for people who are waiting for their PR through family class.

crazy D

Aug 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-17
LANDED..........
ImABule said:

This is the flaw in the system, and why I think they should admit all cases that don't have security or criminality issues. The rate of marriage fraud is virtually nonexistent in comparison to the amount of cases processed and the needless appeals process is an expensive and time consuming ordeal for both the couple and the government. It's also why I stated several pages back on this thread that they should just stiffen the rules such as the undertaking and Condition 51 to deter fraud. I'd rather see no genuine couples refused at the expense of maybe a few bad apples getting through than a high number of genuine couples refused to maybe stop a few bad apples from getting through. Seems backwards to me. No sponsor is going to agree to sponsor someone for money if they know they are financially responsible for the PA for say 7 years instead of 3 and no PA is going to want to use a sponsor for access to residency if they know PR will be stripped if they don't meet a 5 or 7 year Condition 51. That is the solution in my mind.

I am also not a fan of the OWP being only for inland apps as this policy is completely biased towards western visa exempt nationals who can easily be in country to apply. They should introduce something similar for non visa exempt nationals instead of forcing them to be apart for such long periods of time. I would like to see them have a special spouse/dependent TRV for people who are waiting for their PR through family class.
Absolutely right.

just a square

Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA 08-08-2016, AOR2 16-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
14-03-2017
Very good points, IAmBule. The nowadays system is far far away from flawless and I wish major changes would be considered by the government.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
ImABule said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. My TRV applications were refused thrice given the fact that my passport had multiple visit visas for several countries including USA, UK, India! Being past PR I travelled back & forth from Canada over dozen times. Reasons for refusal : I had ties both in Canada & Bangladesh!! So I missed graduation ceremony of my daughter and son....!

Hasan